If someone can get an extra Rome 2xlp, Dead Weather, or Jack White lightning bolt. I'd be glad to pay extra for time and gas. The RRS sure isn't going to roll to Hawaii anytime. It woul be much appreciated, and to clarify Ii am a fan I'm not going to flip them. Thanks!

The inverted lightning bolt is up for sale on their website. Looks even better than the regular, IMO.

The inverted lightning bolt is up for sale on their website. Looks even better than the regular, IMO.

Yeah, I ordered one yesterday. Thought it would be neat to have both. But, if I did have the choice I would want the Rome 2xlp or the Dead Weather more, just cause I already ordered one of the inverted. Just broadening my chances....

Yeah, I ordered one yesterday. Thought it would be neat to have both. But, if I did have the choice I would want the Rome 2xlp or the Dead Weather more, just cause I already ordered one of the inverted. Just broadening my chances....

Make me an offer on the Rome 2xLP if you'd like... It's sealed.

What is it that's special about the Rome LP? I don't mean that in a condescending way, I'm just legitimately curious. I hadn't seen info about it anywhere, so if someone could give me the recap or point me in the direction of some info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Third Man records made it. Ergo, special.

I think, someone correct me if I am wrong, the lmtd. Rome is a 2xLP colored version compared to a single LP black?

Third Man records made it. Ergo, special.

I think, someone correct me if I am wrong, the lmtd. Rome is a 2xLP colored version compared to a single LP black?

that's correct. it's special because...

1. one orange LP and one white LP rather than just one black LP

2. gatefold jacket with extra art

3. the second LP is the whole album as instrumentals, exclusive to this release

4. "rare" and only available via the RRS.

not something i'd pay a ton for, but something i'd pay $40 for at the RRS.

I think I am going to head down to MA and try my luck. I convinced the wife to go with me so if possible, and depending on what the line looks like behind me, assuming I get there earlier enough, I'll try to grab some extra stuff.

If, and this is a big if that is out of my control, I can get my hands on some goodies I'll let you guys know. I'm not a rich man right now, 8 weddings in a summer add up, so if I get some extra I'm probably going to ask for an extra $5 or $10 for some stuff to cover gas.

wait you got married 8 times this summer?

You two bicker like you think that either one of you is going to get one of those things.

I'm not bickering. I was just teasing him. I realize neither one of us is getting one of these considering nobody is going to wait in line for us and sell it to us for less than what you can get it for on ebay ($350). I was just being a goofball.

I'll be seeing Jack at Bridge School Benefit on Sunday. No RRS items but hopefully tour singles at least. I'll let you everyone know if I get extras.

Good on you, man. Helped out with extra tour 7"s when I got a chance, guess it's my turn to hope for some love if you grab an extra Freedom at 21 and/or I'm Shakin'.

I went to the RRS today to help out a friend and here is the letter I just sent Third Man.

Dear Third Man,

I feel compelled to write after my first couple of experiences with the Rolling Record Store. They were awesome. I’m not a big fan of lines but I honestly met some great people and huge music fans. The truck is run so professionally and with real kindness.

Now, the main reason for my letter; I hope you can extend an apology from me to Ben. I was on line at ACE when we had an older guy cut in line. I was really upset after first politely asking him to do the right thing and step back and he wouldn’t. My confrontation had him offering me back my spot in line but behind me was an 18 year old high school senior I’d gotten to know who was really intimidated and asked me to stick up for him.

The lack of integrity on this grown man’s part led me to ask Ben to have him leave. I was definitely hotter than I wanted to be as I was called a liar but I offered to leave the line if it meant he would too. I simply believe in integrity and fairness. On Wednesday Night at Santos I paid another guys tax so he wouldn’t have wasted 2 hours in line. I spend my spare time as a volunteer fire fighter and volunteering at a homeless shelter. Vinyl is cool but it isn’t life. Records shouldn’t be so important to a grown man to want to mess with a kid in High School. So I hope you can lend a bit of understanding that I don’t like to get upset like that and I apologize for putting Ben in the middle. When I was 18 music was everything to me and what I heard on vinyl sparked a rebellion in the way I viewed the world – its more a hobby to me now but I really wanted that kid to get what he came for and I really hope he did. I walked away from the line despite having been there two hours to give him his shot as this guy remained arguing his case.

Even though we are strangers I want to offer my apologies for raising my voice, I truly hope you can understand where it came from and can forgive me. I wish you all the best on the rest of your journey and your return home. I missed the triple decker I came to pick up for an old friend by walking away but I hope that kid got one and felt damn good about it.

Yours Truly,

David

This guy wins Collector Scum of the Year award. I'm proud of myself for not punching him. I'm also pretty sure that if they kept him from buying that the 18 year old who's Mom was picking him up got the last triple decker.

I'm proud of you too, for not punching him. In the end if you would have done that, you would of ended up being in the wrong no matter what he did. It's really a shame people act like this.

It's beneath me to fight someone over a piece of vinyl - it isn't beneath me to punch a 45 year old man who thinks it's cool to fuck with a High School kid. It never escalated to anything close to that, like I said I walked away and gave the kid his shot.

What's missing from the letter is that there were 33 copies there today and our group was on the cusp.

Hope I don't come off like an asshole here but I was just blown away and the anger built in me as this kid asked me to help.