So that The Dead Weather live album was part of vault #5. I just looked up the details to that vault release and found it hilarious that they said this about the fact that the vault release came with a 7" of the encore from that show as well as a DVD of the performance:

"Each component of this package comes housed in an impressive reflective mirror-board jacket and comprises the first (only?) Vault mailing where each piece corresponds to the other. This is truly a collection of three interrelated items and we anticipate the breaking up of these via adoption-like eBay auctions to be at an all-time low."

http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/news/0/1/13864/vault_package_

Welp, I guess TMR has pretty much hit an all-time low given the fact that they weren't selling this as a bundle, in which case $100 would have made more sense, and were selling this at a somewhat ebay price. Though I'm sure it could go for double the price on ebay.

Ok, well regardless of which exact version of the release it is, it's still pretty low. It's the principle of it. The fact that they poo-poo people who go flip their shit on ebay, but here they are on their own webstore essentially flipping their own products for slightly less than ebay prices.

To my knowledge the page did not specify the difference between the vault version and that which was given to attendees. Regardless of that, it's still pretty ridiculous to be selling this shit at these prices. They have every right to do it I guess. I just think it's low, that's all. I guess I'm just stating the obvious lol. Sorry.

and i say again, if they know it's all pretty much gonna get flipped, might as well gouge the potential flipper

Yeah, I agree. I mean, it sucks if you want to buy it and its out of your price range, but why should TMR lose out on the revenue? It's easy to dismiss them because jack is a multi millionaire, but I'm sure they run the business like any other business and need it to be self stuffing. Why sell it for $15 when there is an incentive for the buyer to make money by reselling it. This way someone who may be willing to pay the inflated price gets it and they support TMR.

It sucks if you can't afford it and its definitely frustrating, but I don't think TMr is doing anything terrible here.

Ok, well regardless of which exact version of the release it is, it's still pretty low. It's the principle of it. The fact that they poo-poo people who go flip their shit on ebay, but here they are on their own webstore essentially flipping their own products for slightly less than ebay prices.

To my knowledge the page did not specify the difference between the vault version and that which was given to attendees. Regardless of that, it's still pretty ridiculous to be selling this shit at these prices. They have every right to do it I guess. I just think it's low, that's all. I guess I'm just stating the obvious lol. Sorry.

to my knowledge you obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about. the attendee version sells for hundreds of dollars on ebay. there's only a handful of them made. yes it's stupid to some (including me), but it is what it is.

to my knowledge you obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about. the attendee version sells for hundreds of dollars on ebay. there's only a handful of them made. yes it's stupid to some (including me), but it is what it is.

Haha oh ok, my bad. You get the general idea of what I was saying though. Sorry for being ill-informed on the ebay price of that record.

Well now I know where the money for the photo booth, the wax mold making machine and all the other amusement rides is coming from that they are going to be adding to the third man store. I'm so glad I'm not a mark for them and their gimmicky 300 dollar upper deckers and their zeus lighting hammer bolts. The anxiety of trying to get all that shit would lead me to die an early death.

That being said, this thread has become one of the most interesting on the board. It is like watching a science experiment.

That being said, this thread has become one of the most interesting on the board. It is like watching a science experiment.

It's true, I'm not event the biggest third man fan but I have literally spent every free moment looking at the store just trying to get something...anything. I literally can't wait for this to end so I can be done with it. Until the official end, I can not look away

Anyone spin the new vault discs yet? I'm just three songs in and... well, so far it just sounds okay, pretty lo-fi. This is my first live from third man LP so maybe I'm just not used to the sound. But as far as live LPs go, I've heard many better. The vocals are right up front (but slighty distorted) and the guitars sound thin and distant. I'd love to hear what others think of the recording.

somewhat on topic.

i bumped into pokey lafarge's harmonica player at a local show last night.

we drank stag and i rambled about how awesome it was that they got to play on the jack white record and be all up on da tvs.

he said he didn't watch tv and didn't really understand how big playing the jools holland show was until after he got back to america.