Anyone spin the new vault discs yet? I'm just three songs in and... well, so far it just sounds okay, pretty lo-fi. This is my first live from third man LP so maybe I'm just not used to the sound. But as far as live LPs go, I've heard many better. The vocals are right up front (but slighty distorted) and the guitars sound thin and distant. I'd love to hear what others think of the recording.

Other than the first chords which I think actually sounded like that, mine sounds phenomenal. Other than the pressing snafu of the raconteurs LP, all the live at third man stuff sounds great. They're recorded straight to tape (straight to lathe now). Some of the best sounding live recordings around.

It is great to see that Pokey LaFarge is getting well known.  The only thing that sucks is not seeing him a bunch anymore in St. Louis.

i've been going to his shows in stl since about 2007 or 2008.

it makes me so happy to see him getting big.

also his guitar player used to play for Krafted In Korea, who i followed around quite a bit.

i even played a few shows with them.