Shit on bands here

i always thought nsync's Gone was an incredible song, and that it was what launched JT's solo career. and after a piece posted by pitchfork last night, i guess i was right.

“[Michael Jackson] said that he wanted to cut the record, but he wanted it to be a duet between himself and I. And I said, ‘It’s already out. We’ve already cut this song as an 'NSync record.’“I’m on the phone, I’m literally punching myself in the face, because I said, ‘I can’t do that. Could we do an 'NSync featuring Michael Jackson? Or Michael Jackson featuring 'NSync?’ And he was very absolute about the fact that he wanted it to be a duet between himself and I.”

He credits that moment as giving him the confidence to pursue solo work. His debut solo LP Justified was released in 2002.

but i also went on a spree in another thread about a month back, bangin' out all the best backstreet boys videos. 

bsb>>>>>>>>nsync

I think it's been mentioned before but that Five Finger Death Punch band is fucking awful. I only bring it up because I just saw they are headlining a show at a fucking arena around here. It was one thing when they were shitty and playing the dive bar venue around here, but how the fuck did they get "headlining an arena" popular?

I saw Limp Bizkit play that arena when I was 13, so I'm not innocent in all this. But still. The year 2000 was a weird time for everyone.

Oh my lord I hate five finger death punch so much. That song "Battle Born" makes me want to tear my eyes out.

There are only so many radio rock bands out there right now, and for some reason people have chosen these guys (and Avenged Sevenfold/Volbeat) to rally around. That fact that these guys are one of the bands waving the "rock flag" is a big reason rock radio is in the shitter. They'll be back in small clubs in a couple years just like Hinder, Saliva, Seether, and the rest of the bands that were big a few years ago.

There are only so many radio rock bands out there right now, and for some reason people have chosen these guys (and Avenged Sevenfold/Volbeat) to rally around. That fact that these guys are one of the bands waving the "rock flag" is a big reason rock radio is in the shitter. They'll be back in small clubs in a couple years just like Hinder, Saliva, Seether, and the rest of the bands that were big a few years ago.

My friends all try to convince me that City of Evil was "a great album." They can't seem to come to terms with the fact that Avenged Sevenfold is a butt rock band. The fuck kind of stage name is Sinister Gates? Real hardcore, dude.

My friends all try to convince me that City of Evil was "a great album." They can't seem to come to terms with the fact that Avenged Sevenfold is a butt rock band. The fuck kind of stage name is Sinister Gates? Real hardcore, dude.

I can still stand behind the pre-City of Evil albums. Mostly. City of Evil was a piece of shit and this band keeps sliding further and further down the shit slope every time they step into a studio. 

I can still stand behind the pre-City of Evil albums. Mostly. City of Evil was a piece of shit and this band keeps sliding further and further down the shit slope every time they step into a studio. 

I like (or at least can accept) Waking The Fallen. The rest i unbelievably bad and I can't even understand that the band still calls itself "metal".

Blinded In Chains is an ok song from City Of Evil at least. Unbound (The Wild Ride) is acceptable.

I get it, I guess, but I think all of Avenged Sevenfold's material sucks. In my opinion, they try to be hardcore just for the sake of being hardcore but as it turns out they're just a bunch of losers. 

Modern pop-punk (tssf, neck deep, such gold etc. etc. etc.) is probably the most boring genre ever. Everyyttthhiiiing sounds the same

Also add easycore to that list. Fuck that shit

No idea what easycore is, but I agree with you here. It's so formulaic. 

Take the worst parts of pop-punk, make it even cheesier, and add shitty breakdowns. Yes, it's as bad as it sounds.

Oh.. I was talking to a friend about these guys and he called them "friendshipcore."

I don't know why the fuck these guys are calling themselves "punks."

"You waste all your time faking your smiles," real punk rock lyrics right there. Fuck the establishment, Captain Chunk!

Oh.. I was talking to a friend about these guys and he called them "friendshipcore."

I don't know why the fuck these guys are calling themselves "punks."

"You waste all your time faking your smiles," real punk rock lyrics right there. Fuck the establishment, Captain Chunk!

Friendshipcore is a great name for it haha.

The worst thing is their cover of Smash Mouth's All Star though.

Friendshipcore is a great name for it haha.

The worst thing is their cover of Smash Mouth's All Star though.

I'm listening to it now. I can't get over how shitty the drumming is. I hate that fucking thing that all these -core bands do before they go into a chorus - I think it's called a blast beat? It's like, quickly hitting as many drums as you fucking can to make your band sound real hardcore. 

Maybe these guys aren't serious. If that's the case, I think I really like them. 

I'm listening to it now. I can't get over how shitty the drumming is. I hate that fucking thing that all these -core bands do before they go into a chorus - I think it's called a blast beat? It's like, quickly hitting as many drums as you fucking can to make your band sound real hardcore. 

Maybe these guys aren't serious. If that's the case, I think I really like them. 

I hope they aren't serious.