Shit on bands here

Controversy?

one of their members said on stage about the whole tigers jaw incident "fuck that kiss whoever the fuck you want"

(briana collins and brittany drake where both forcibly kissed by some guy at there show last week and it blew up into a big thing)

basically some shit bag acted like a shit bag and mixtapes backed him

It's hilarious how worked up people are over this. Scene kids have the thinnest skin these days.

violating someones personal space and forcing yourself on them in anyway makes someone a shitty person. ignoring or encouraging that type of behavior is almost as bad. people who act like that deserve to be called out and put on blast for their actions

violating someones personal space and forcing yourself on them in anyway makes someone a shitty person. ignoring or encouraging that type of behavior is almost as bad. people who act like that deserve to be called out and put on blast for their actions

A+++++++++++++++

Consent is consent, man. This isn't a case of having thin skin, it's a case of not wanting your personal rights as a human being violated.

People are starving, we're destroying our environment, there's war everywhere, people are trafficked as sexual commodities...And some drunk guy kissed a female band member.

First world problems.

today its "a drunk guy kissed a female band member" tomorrow it could be something much worse, its shit like this where we can catch it early and say "hey shithead stop" before its a much bigger problem.

People are starving, we're destroying our environment, there's war everywhere, people are trafficked as sexual commodities...And some drunk guy kissed a female band member.

First world problems.

There are guys who think it is ok to just go around touching women for whatever reason without consent. It's not ok and people need to know it's not ok. While getting up on stage and kissing someone isn't rape, it IS part of "rape culture" and saying it's not a big deal just reinforces that type of behavior.

Besides, there being "bigger" problems doesn't make "smaller" problems irrelevant.

There are guys who think it is ok to just go around touching women for whatever reason without consent. It's not ok and people need to know it's not ok. While getting up on stage and kissing someone isn't rape, it IS part of "rape culture" and saying it's not a big deal just reinforces that type of behavior.

Besides, there being "bigger" problems doesn't make "smaller" problems irrelevant.

I love this post and you have all of my respect. What happened was not cool at all.

First world problems.

Yup. The guy was an asshole at a show. Not the first time it happened, won't be the last.

I was commenting on people's anger directed at Ryan of Mixtapes. Anyone who has seen that band knows they're the most tongue-in-cheek people on the stage. Always joking around. So when I see people taking comments like that from him to heart, I find it laughable.

The ladies of Pity Sex and Tigers Jaw have every right to be angry. No ones arguing that. Personally I think they should've decked the guy right there.

today its "a drunk guy kissed a female band member" tomorrow it could be something much worse, its shit like this where we can catch it early and say "hey shithead stop" before its a much bigger problem.

I could smooch you both on the cheek right now (with consent, of course). 

But he wouldn't. This is a legitimate problem that needs to stop.

Well obviously you've never seen Nofx and heard some of the shit that spews out of his mouth. Mikes said stuff WAY worse than this idiot from Mixtapes and everyone just writes it off as "well that's just mike being mike"

Also,to be clear,I'm not defending Ryan. Anybody with a brain knows what he said was dumb as fuck.