Shit on bands here

It's so easy to pop in here and say "Fuck this band"...why not use your brain and explain why you don't like them? Just saying that "they suck" makes you look stupid. Just my opinion!

Edit - that's not a dig at anyone specific. I realized that I posted right after Justice posted so I don't want you thinking I was talking about you. It just seems every time I open this thread...it's just fuck this band or this band sucks.

Fuck Captain Beefheart. I hate the music and a good portion of the cult following. I hate that kind of weird and atonal music for the most part because a lot of it is just trying to be different and hard to listen to for the sake of being different and hard to listen to. It's like the "hipster culture" paradox. I could go on for days about why I fucking hate that type of music, but that'd be a waste of everyone's time.

There's a reason that the Beatles will always be remembered, and a band like Modern Baseball for instance will not. 

Fuck the haters, Modern Baseball will live on forever in my heart.

It's so easy to pop in here and say "Fuck this band"...why not use your brain and explain why you don't like them? Just saying that "they suck" makes you look stupid. Just my opinion!

Edit - that's not a dig at anyone specific. I realized that I posted right after Justice posted so I don't want you thinking I was talking about you. It just seems every time I open this thread...it's just fuck this band or this band sucks.

I just don't like AF, I think it gets way more hype than it deserves. That band has been defunct for 14 years and there's some weird obsessive revival with emo right now, and that's great because tons of great bands have come up, but I don't find them very appealing to listen to, or very unique, I'm sure it was important in that era, but it doesn't give me the same vibe as say Capn Jazz, even if it's one of the Kinsella bands

Sure, the Beatles played a big undeniably massive role in shaping modern music. That doesn't necessarily mean they made the most enjoyable music. 

saying you don't enjoy their music is one thing, but saying 'fuck the beatles' is far different from that. I'm in the boat that enjoys some of their music, not all, but can never deny their influence on fashion, writing your own songs (yes they were a big first in transitioning from having songwriters), them inspiring a whole revolution of rock in the UK, music videos(look up Richard Lester), stadium tours, and countless other stuff. You youngbloods need to know your roots. Even Brand New throws a nod to the Beatles at the very end of Play Crack the Sky; you hear a door creak and Jesse say 'Never to see any other way', which is an homage to the end-of-the-track studio talking at the end of the Beatles' 'Day In the Life'. So yeah....even if you don't know it, Beatles has influenced more musicians that you hold sacred than you may ever think. 

I just don't like AF, I think it gets way more hype than it deserves. That band has been defunct for 14 years and there's some weird obsessive revival with emo right now, and that's great because tons of great bands have come up, but I don't find them very appealing to listen to, or very unique, I'm sure it was important in that era, but it doesn't give me the same vibe as say Capn Jazz, even if it's one of the Kinsella bands

this

saying you don't enjoy their music is one thing, but saying 'fuck the beatles' is far different from that. I'm in the boat that enjoys some of their music, not all, but can never deny their influence on fashion, writing your own songs (yes they were a big first in transitioning from having songwriters), them inspiring a whole revolution of rock in the UK, music videos(look up Richard Lester), stadium tours, and countless other stuff. You youngbloods need to know your roots. Even Brand New throws a nod to the Beatles at the very end of Play Crack the Sky; you hear a door creak and Jesse say 'Never to see any other way', which is an homage to the end-of-the-track studio talking at the end of the Beatles' 'Day In the Life'. So yeah....even if you don't know it, Beatles has influenced more musicians that you hold sacred than you may ever think.

Good thing Brand New are awful too.

Good thing Brand New are awful too.

haha, the one point you picked out. well played. 

On with the thread! I can't stand deadmau5. why spell your name like that? its dumb. also the mask thing....wasn't cool when Slipknot did it, so why would wearing a cartoon mouse head be any cooler? adds mystery or something? beyond me. although target audience seems to be hopped up raver tweens so I guess it works for him. for just being a DJ he gets way too much credit. 

AND I don't get the La Dispute thing either. I see all this hype, and see their new album all over record stores, but I tried listening to it and....huh? The guitar work is kinda neat, but far from original and the guys vocals sound so forcibly  strained. Like he reeeally wants to sound emotive and it works some of the time, but mostly it just sounds like garbage to me. I don't get it! 

haha, the one point you picked out. well played. 

On with the thread! I can't stand deadmau5. why spell your name like that? its dumb. also the mask thing....wasn't cool when Slipknot did it, so why would wearing a cartoon mouse head be any cooler? adds mystery or something? beyond me. although target audience seems to be hopped up raver tweens so I guess it works for him. for just being a DJ he gets way too much credit. 

AND I don't get the La Dispute thing either. I see all this hype, and see their new album all over record stores, but I tried listening to it and....huh? The guitar work is kinda neat, but far from original and the guys vocals sound so forcibly  strained. Like he reeeally wants to sound emotive and it works some of the time, but mostly it just sounds like garbage to me. I don't get it! 

Digged La Dispute and the other "Wave" bands a few years ago. Their 2nd and 3rd albums were really good to me. But after a while it kind of just fell off for me and I can't seriously listen to them any more. Kind of a bummer, I think maybe the crowd kind of ruined it for me, and after that I started to listen to real hardcore and emo/skramz and that was the end of that.

As for Deadmau5, it's all about the marketing, pop edm is kind of terrible, but the guy knew what he was doing. Treating the DJ scene like a rock show and making himself stand apart with his stage presence, even if it just be a goofy name and a stupid mask. That guys a millionaire. Fuck his music, but I would make shitty music and wear a mouse head if it meant I got to be a filthy rich also.

Because we can't go two pages without someone saying brand new or the Beatles- fuck risking it, let's just fill up one whole page with both!

Okay here goes... fucking Daylight/Superheaven. First off, this shit reminds me of butt rock on the real. Like indie three days grace or something. Don't get the hype, I understand the artwork and vinyl variants are cool but other than that...?

Just my opinion. There's a few other bands in that scene that I feel like a ton of people like just because they feel like they need to. People who are really into RFC like allllllll of the bands. And No Sleep, etc.

Don't get me wrong though, I love a lot of the bands on those labels/in that scene, but I feel like some are only getting attention for simply being on the label.

Anyway, yeah. I've tried to give them like 5 chances... Daylight is butt.