PO - If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forrest 2/2

I think most people wouldn't admit to buying three copies to flip on the board, days after going to the show. The ole "bought it for a friend and they changed their mind" trick. I was born in the morning, but not this morning

True!

Well, if I'm seeing ITTCT live (still not sure whether I'll be able to make it), I'm definitely trying to get a few for my friends over at the MS forum! \m/ But most important: I hope to see them live!

Hate to be that guy, but if it falls through or something I too would be interested in this. I am willing to go higher than $23. But regardless of my offer I would prefer to be second in line as that is only fair.

I thought you were getting one from king?

I messaged him about it. Only way to get one from him is to get a copy of Above the Earth Below the Sky to trade (which is what he had originally asked and is fair), which I am trying to track down a copy. I figured it was fair for me to keep my options open. I by no means am going to call dibs on multiple ones just would like to put myself in line after those who are in line already in the event I do not get one from king.

I think most people wouldn't admit to buying three copies to flip on the board, days after going to the show. The ole "bought it for a friend and they changed their mind" trick. I was born in the morning, but not this morning

Well, you WERE born this morning because that's what happened. It was a member on the sheath forum that I will NOT name. That being said you'd have a better chance of getting it by not calling me a liar.

name them or you're a liar. You still bought a second copy to flip. Don't act like you're the only person who has one at this point. If you're willing to let one go for a reasonable price and not a flipping price, let's talk, but to come on here and say, yep, trade bait and someone said they backed out, then no, fuck off

name them or you're a liar. You still bought a second copy to flip. Don't act like you're the only person who has one at this point. If you're willing to let one go for a reasonable price and not a flipping price, let's talk, but to come on here and say, yep, trade bait and someone said they backed out, then no, fuck off

Nice edit there. Who said I wasn't willing to let it go for a reasonable price? I don't even have them in hand yet. Sorry you're so butthurt over this.

I can vouch for bgibbs in this case, 100%. One of his tour copies that he bought at the show is coming to me. I live in Arkansas and logistically, I was unable to make it to the show. The other member that he purchased for has been a mutual friend on various forums for years. Some forums relating to vinyl, some not. To assume that he specifically bought it to flip is nothing more than butthurt speaking. If you don't believe me either, then I'm not that arsed about it, but Jesus-titty-fucking-Christ, they're only records. Get over it. I guess you seem to have missed the part where he bought these directly from the band. It's their music and their product. If they don't care what he does with it, why should some kid on the internet who had no hand in creating the product being sold/bought/traded?

I can vouch for bgibbs in this case, 100%. One of his tour copies that he bought at the show is coming to me. I live in Arkansas and logistically, I was unable to make it to the show. The other member that he purchased for has been a mutual friend on various forums for years. Some forums relating to vinyl, some not. To assume that he specifically bought it to flip is nothing more than butthurt speaking. If you don't believe me either, then I'm not that arsed about it, but Jesus-titty-fucking-Christ, they're only records. Get over it. I guess you seem to have missed the part where he bought these directly from the band. It's their music and their product. If they don't care what he does with it, why should some kid on the internet who had no hand in creating the product being sold/bought/traded?

I'm not butt hurt dude and I don't know bgibbs from anyone else, so if the dude is legit, then my apologies. He had one single post and was telling us how he had two extra copies all of a sudden, one being from someone "who backed out". We've heard this story a thousand times. So yes, I assumed he was flipping them. If you guys are vouching, then I take back what i said and totally down for what he's got going on...

If appletree can secure a copy of Above the Earth by the time I get the tour press in my hands, then I'll trade with him. If he doesn't have it at that time, and geezfools still wants it, and is still willing to trade me Above the Earth, then that's the route I'll go.

If neither situation works out for some reason, then I said I'd sell it to like 3 other people who don't have Above the Earth, but got to me early.

Man this is getting confusing lol.

BTW, I still want that test press winner to emerge on here somehow and show us a pic. I ordered my records right after him (you got a coupon per purchase) and then I bought extra tickets later when they were offered, again right after that guy. So I'm going to mope about it for a while.

Well, if I'm seeing ITTCT live (still not sure whether I'll be able to make it), I'm definitely trying to get a few for my friends over at the MS forum! \m/ But most important: I hope to see them live!

Will you be seeing them on their upcoming euro tour? I'm holding out hope for some NW love, maybe a show with you.may.die and another MS band, Giants would be killer!

PS I'm totally down for hooking up MS bros, did that with the last GFE tour :)

If appletree can secure a copy of Above the Earth by the time I get the tour press in my hands, then I'll trade with him. If he doesn't have it at that time, and geezfools still wants it, and is still willing to trade me Above the Earth, then that's the route I'll go.

If neither situation works out for some reason, then I said I'd sell it to like 3 other people who don't have Above the Earth, but got to me early.

Man this is getting confusing lol.

BTW, I still want that test press winner to emerge on here somehow and show us a pic. I ordered my records right after him (you got a coupon per purchase) and then I bought extra tickets later when they were offered, again right after that guy. So I'm going to mope about it for a while.

Did they have screened jackets or just plain white ones?

Will you be seeing them on their upcoming euro tour? I'm holding out hope for some NW love, maybe a show with you.may.die and another MS band, Giants would be killer!

PS I'm totally down for hooking up MS bros, did that with the last GFE tour :)

Yeah, trying to see them on their Euro tour! Well, unfortunately, all their shows are pretty far away from where I live...the closest being DUNK! festival (~2.5 hours by car)...so, still not sure whether I'll make it...

Hmm, have scienc of silence started sending out their copies?

There was a delay in production, so we are hoping to send them out the first week of April. If you pre-ordered from us we sent out an email to everyone last week giving an update in regards to the production issue.

We'll be sending out download codes for all pre-orders tomorrow so you can at least listen to the album digitally.

What do you need two copies for?

None of your business dude, wow.

It's weird how depending on the person and the thread, this comment goes one way or another. I initially thought this was a random dude, trying to flip records. Come to find out its a mylene regular, I said sorry, no biggie. Tour presses are a rare thing, especially mylene sheath tour presses, so I honestly don't think it was that crazy of a question. We all want a copy, so for someone to buy up a bunch is weak, if the intentions are weak. We've moved passed that, so thanks :)

None of your business dude, wow.

It's weird how depending on the person and the thread, this comment goes one way or another. I initially thought this was a random dude, trying to flip records. Come to find out its a mylene regular, I said sorry, no biggie. Tour presses are a rare thing, especially mylene sheath tour presses, so I honestly don't think it was that crazy of a question. We all want a copy, so for someone to buy up a bunch is weak, if the intentions are weak. We've moved passed that, so thanks :)

This is all kinda funny that you are getting so pissed about some guy supposedly "flipping" when I offered you a solid $40 for your extra tour copy

of Above the Earth and you said it wasn't enough. So how long do you

have to wait before you call it flipping? I wanted a copy of that record and

you wouldn't even write me back to tell me how much over $40 you wanted

for it. I thought that was a little weak.

This is all kinda funny that you are getting so pissed about some guy supposedly "flipping" when I offered you a solid $40 for your extra tour copy

I had a guy in some crazy country offering me $85 for it, so I was waiting to see what was up. The whole flipping deal is a touchy subject. I mean, value is value, I get it. Some people care, some people don't. I feel weird when someone is trying to flip something a couple days after they get it from the label. I don't feel as weird if someone is trying to sell it a couple of months down the road. Is that weird? Probably. Did I want to sell that record for $40, ehhhh, I still don't know. That guy never came through and it's one of my favorite albums. (it wasn't the tour copy you were asking for, by the way). It's worth more than $40 to me. I do have the /300 version on green if you're still looking for a copy.

PS Dude, I'm shitty about replying to PM's. I read them on my phone while at work and by the time I put in my 8 hours and get home, the last thing I'm thinking about is a PM I got at 10am. I'm thinking about a glass of whiskey and the couch. It had no bearing on the record, you or price, it was me having a ridiculous memory...

I had a guy in some crazy country offering me $85 for it, so I was waiting to see what was up. The whole flipping deal is a touchy subject. I mean, value is value, I get it. Some people care, some people don't. I feel weird when someone is trying to flip something a couple days after they get it from the label. I don't feel as weird if someone is trying to sell it a couple of months down the road. Is that weird? Probably. Did I want to sell that record for $40, ehhhh, I still don't know. That guy never came through and it's one of my favorite albums. (it wasn't the tour copy you were asking for, by the way). It's worth more than $40 to me. I do have the /300 version on green if you're still looking for a copy.

PS Dude, I'm shitty about replying to PM's. I read them on my phone while at work and by the time I put in my 8 hours and get home, the last thing I'm thinking about is a PM I got at 10am. I'm thinking about a glass of whiskey and the couch. It had no bearing on the record, you or price, it was me having a ridiculous memory...

If you buy an extra copy of a limited edition anything and sell it an hour, a year, a decade from that day, you are flipping. Do I give a shit about flipping? No. It's definitely better to try and help people out with trades or close to cost sales, but trying to get more value out of a purchase is just the way it usually is and I am fine with that.

I guess it's just ridiculous that you are so pissed off about this when you are doing it yourself. What a record is worth to you and what you're willing to sell it for is completely your business and your right. Getting mad about someone else doing it is just hypocritical.

In the end hopefully all of us collector losers will end up with one of these damn tour copies.

If you buy an extra copy of a limited edition anything and sell it an hour, a year, a decade from that day, you are flipping. Do I give a shit about flipping? No. It's definitely better to try and help people out with trades or close to cost sales, but trying to get more value out of a purchase is just the way it usually is and I am fine with that.

I guess it's just ridiculous that you are so pissed off about this when you are doing it yourself. What a record is worth to you and what you're willing to sell it for is completely your business and your right. Getting mad about someone else doing it is just hypocritical.

In the end hopefully all of us collector losers will end up with one of these damn tour copies.

I had my one personal copy(on blue). I had one of each of that album. I sold the actual tour copy ages ago, but have held onto the two copies I bought when the album originally came out, the blue and the green, one of each. I didn't buy two copies and then the instant it sold out I put them on eBay, it's been what, almost two years since that album dropped?

I tried to explain how I felt about it. The flipping debate is stupid. You see it one way, I see it another way and every other person here sees it another way. Sorry we don't see eye to eye and you're upset about me not replying to your PM's. I've sent dude a personal apology for jumping on his shit without knowing what was up, his call if he is cool with it or not. If you're still looking for a copy, I'd gladly help you out. I honestly probably won't let go of the blue copy, the green, sure. Send a PM and I promise to reply tonight, I'll give you a fair price since I know you've been trying to get the album on vinyl.