Mondo Prints

Think of it as the new short term investment of choice for middle aged dudes who are too poor to invest in fine art.

Not that there is anything wrong with it. I love a good screenprint.

I wouldn't consider myself "poor", I'd just rather invest in better returns than the money it requires to acquire "fine art".  Wife and I are currently investigating a house gut, rehab and flip that could potentially net us 100k+ in returns.

I just don't know enough about the art market to take those kinds of risks.

I sure wish somebody would buy these prints off me so I'm not out $230....

Make sure the people you agree to PB for, guarantee payment, regardless if they score themselves.  I think it's BS that you're stuck with those prints that someone asked for your help on.  It's also not a bad idea that as a PB you have them pay you first and then just refund them if you strike out on the drop.  Heck, if I were you, I'd go so far as to name and shame them on here.

I don't help people out here without money first for that reason. If you get stuck Andrew PM me. I might buy them.

That's now the 2nd time I've seen it happen on VC in regards to Mondo prints recently.  Definitely has me a bit concerned about taking on  any new "customers" for my free Mondo PB services.

Wish people realized that when you Mondo PB for somebody, you're sitting at a computer hitting F5 for usually a 1/2 hour.  Then you gotta deal with getting paypal payment.  Additional communication between you and the buyer is also required from time to time.  You need to take the time to buy and print out a shipping label.  Slap and tape the new shipping label to the tube.  Then run to the post office to drop it off.

I PB for nothing and strictly out of the goodness of my heart solely for wanting to make someone who usually can't land Mondo drops, happy.  All it would take would be one clown to screw me over and it would be game over for everyone else.

I don't care much for Durieux's Birds print but I like Andrew.  He's an asset to this community.  I'd be willing to throw in $10 to a mini-raffle if I can get 7 others to join in.  Winner pays for shipping, minus the extra $5 leftover from the $80 of the lotto and his $75 overall cost.  Anyone down for doing this to help him get rid of this extra print?  If so, first 7 to PM me are in.

No no no. It's not like that. The original guy has been really cool about it. He offered to pay me for them anyway while I try to sell them but I just feel weird about doing that. I don't want him to be stuck with it either so I'm just trying to sell it. I'd be down for the raffle thing since I wouldn't have to make that guy buy a print he already has. I think it would be a win win for everyone. As long as you guys are cool with the raffle.

No no no. It's not like that. The original guy has been really cool about it. He offered to pay me for them anyway while I try to sell them but I just feel weird about doing that. I don't want him to be stuck with it either so I'm just trying to sell it. I'd be down for the raffle thing since I wouldn't have to make that guy buy a print he already has. I think it would be a win win for everyone. As long as you guys are cool with the raffle.

Well that's good that you know you're not the one stuck with the print if all else fails.