I just heard Fake Problems on a Taco Bell commerci

"Here's the deal, folks. You do a commercial - you're off the artistic roll call, forever. End of story. Okay? You're another whore at the captialist gang bang and if you do a commercial, there's a price on your head. Everything you say is suspect and every word that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into my drink." Bill Hicks

"Apparently, the highest compliment our culture grants artists nowadays is to be in an ad — ideally, naked and purring on the hood of a new car." Tom Waits

Hopefully they were paid in delicious Doritos taco shells.

I heard a shitty cover of The National on an episode of Private Practice my wife was watching.

Shit made me hot.

backed on Doritos taco shells, valid payment. i need one of those tacos hold the beef, add some other respectable meat. the commercial "made me hot".

honey, you know you cozied up to your wife and watched the nail biting episode of Private Practice. the only thing that got wet was your vagina. ;D it was crying menstrual tears of joy.

Hopefully they were paid in delicious Doritos taco shells.

I heard a shitty cover of The National on an episode of Private Practice my wife was watching.

Shit made me hot.

backed on Doritos taco shells, valid payment. i need one of those tacos hold the beef, add some other respectable meat. the commercial "made me hot".

honey, you know you cozied up to your wife and watched the nail biting episode of Private Practice. the only thing that got wet was your vagina. ;D it was crying menstrual tears of joy.

I slid right off the couch, if you know what I'm saying!

I'm all for one of my favorite bands getting paid.

How was bill hicks being on network television different from a band licensing their music for a commercial? I mean, I like bill, but that quote in particular is really ignorant of an artist's need to actually make money.

I disagree with your assessment.

It's just a sad commentary on the state of things that suddenly having your songs in a commercial is considered just as legitimate a way as any for a band to make money. And where does your comfort level with that kind of paid-for endorsement end? Just with products you don't find objectionable? What if it's a commercial for Schwanson Brand Seal Clubs? What if it's a song being used in an endorsement for Rick Santorum?

What I think is totally ridiculous is how many of those same people would be the first to shit all over a band if they were to, say, have a reunion tour, with expensive tickets and 15 shirt designs and deluxe rereleases of their records. Because cashing in on your own legacy is considered selling out. But using your music to sell shitty ass fast food is just good business.

What a race to the bottom.

I talk a lot of shit, but if someone offered me a briefcase full of cash for one of my shitty songs, I won't lie and say I wouldn't consider it. I can't blame anyone for doing it...some bands don't even get a choice. But

I do think it's unfortunate, and it does sort of ding their cred in my book.