Any Mad Men fans on here?

thank you for even recognizing mad men. every other nook and cranny of the internet is still wetting itself over last nights premier, and this place seems to ignore its existence.

that episode was amazing.

that scene was amazing.

also, this:

[image]

maybe im just out of touch after 17 months, but when i first realized it was a 2 hour premier, i was worried about my ability to stay entertained. i think we can agree that its a typically slow moving show... but they packed a lot in here. at just about any given moment, there was something- a line, a gesture, an implication, something to laugh at or just take interest in.

joan and her mother had a surprisingly good b-story. joan, an emotional wreck, seemingly being sabotaged by her mom, whos still there to help.

harry was priceless every time he hit the screen.

pete, as much as i usually cant stand him, seems to be heading in a great new direction. almost as if hes on pace to pick up where don fucked up with betty.

i cant for the life of me find an image of megan bent over in her underwear. wtf internet...

maybe im just out of touch after 17 months, but when i first realized it was a 2 hour premier, i was worried about my ability to stay entertained. i think we can agree that its a typically slow moving show... but they packed a lot in here. at just about any given moment, there was something- a line, a gesture, an implication, something to laugh at or just take interest in.

joan and her mother had a surprisingly good b-story. joan, an emotional wreck, seemingly being sabotaged by her mom, whos still there to help.

pete, as much as i usually cant stand him, seems to be heading in a great new direction. almost as if hes on pace to pick up where don fucked up with betty.

i cant for the life of me find an image of megan bent over in her underwear. wtf internet...

Nailed all of it. Last night's episode was amazing.

Don't forget Lane and his weird new obsession with Delores.

She showed her boobs in Hot Tub Time Machine

Lane is getting hella creepy with that. Pete needs to stop being a bitch, i liked it when Roger called him out

I'm not a fan of Pete, but a fan of his dynamic in the show. Maybe I'm just bitter that he mistreats Alison Brie. Roger was great in last night's episode. On point with the zingers but falling for Pete's trick and still getting to burn Pete over it.

Awesome! Ordered!

Does anyone remember in Season 1 (or maybe it was 2) when all the guys are in Pete's office listening to this record:

[image]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Button-Down_Mind_of_Bob_Newhart

A week after the episode aired, i found this at a goodwill store. It was fate or something. Had to buy it!

Both the red and black are already on backorder. I wonder how limited the pressing was.

Dang. I wanted one. Anyone get an extra?

I thought the season opener was decent, but not fantastic. They covered a lot of ground, but if they set up any long term arcs they didn't seem too interesting to me. Seems like this season is gearing up to address race and the generational divide. EDIT: Those are separate thoughts, the latter could certainly be interesting.

Any guesses on how, if, when the Lane thing plays out? That was the thread I found the most interesting, maybe because it was the most unique.