Where Do You Plan On Going For RSD Day 2012?

But this year, I'm attending at Fingerprints in Long Beach, Ca. They have an exclusive TBS album that they're only selling at that location, so I figure it'd be worth it.

And don't forget the exclusive red vinyl Horrible Crowes 7" they'll have too. If you want to pick me up one of those, I'll make you a very wealthy person. :)

I'll try and snag one man! I'll keep in touch.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I was 3rd in line at V Vinyl and the dude second in line had like 4 of his friends come like a half hour before doors and i almost didnt get my menzingers record because they were all getting it and it was limited to like 5, lucky i worked out a deal with the guy first in line ans he grabbed me one.

I remember those assholes. They were walking out with the records as I was going in.

He posts on here... I was ahead of him in line and we were bullshitting for a while. He seemed like a cool guy but I agree that that was a crummy move. I remember you asking the guy ahead of me to buy the Menzingers record for you in exchange for the Beach Boys 10".

most likely the same as what i did last year- turn it up in northampton, and then going across the street to newbury comics for whatever i couldnt find there.

but my friend works at turn it up, and asked if id want to check out some other stores with him, just so he can get a little more excitement out of the day, rather than just sitting in his own store.

Haha somehow I knew turn it up would be in this thread. I live right down the street from this place and will be there as well.

New Orleans. I'm working the door at Skully'z and getting store credit for it. I plan on picking over the RSD stuff before the store opens. But I'm going to suggest that it's one item per person to hopefully make it more difficult for flippers.

New Orleans. Last year, I hit up Mushroom, Skully'z, and Euclid. Probably do the same again this year.

See you at Skully'z.

Does Vacation get a good amount of the exclusives? I went to Amoeba last year and kind of liked their system. I didn't get crushed from behind by big hairy men like I did the year before lol*

*that's what she said

I liked their system too. The basically gave out lists to everyone in line and you would basically mark off the records you were interested in picking up. When they let you in (They were letting people into the store in increments of 10 until the store officially opened) and they had your stuff ready at the counter. Pretty good system, very organized and straight forward.

whoa I didn't know they did it that way that's pretty cool. Still don't think I'm down to get in line at 7am to get a decent spot

I liked their system too. The basically gave out lists to everyone in line and you would basically mark off the records you were interested in picking up. When they let you in (They were letting people into the store in increments of 10 until the store officially opened) and they had your stuff ready at the counter. Pretty good system, very organized and straight forward.

whoa I didn't know they did it that way that's pretty cool. Still don't think I'm down to get in line at 7am to get a decent spot

I think last year I got there at like 6:30 and I had a pretty good spot in line.

Anyone go to Fingerprints last year? If so, got any tips?

I remember those assholes. They were walking out with the records as I was going in.

He posts on here... I was ahead of him in line and we were bullshitting for a while. He seemed like a cool guy but I agree that that was a crummy move. I remember you asking the guy ahead of me to buy the Menzingers record for you in exchange for the Beach Boys 10".

Oh shit yeahhh I was 4th in line not 3rd, I remember you dude! He did seem cool and it was really annoying but it's whatever, that guy first in line was really cool and it all worked out.

Pretty self explanatory.

I myself will be going to good old Vintage Vinyl here in NJ. Going to have to get there in the wee hours of the morning. Last year I sat in line to get in for 3 hours.

Last year I was 3rd in line at V Vinyl and the dude second in line had like 4 of his friends come like a half hour before doors and i almost didnt get my menzingers record because they were all getting it and it was limited to like 5, lucky i worked out a deal with the guy first in line ans he grabbed me one.

what time did you get there to be 3rd?

also, if someone jumped a head of me like that, I would have made a huge scene and got those assholes out of there

also, if someone jumped a head of me like that, I would have made a huge scene and got those assholes out of there

I was actually the first one there but it was like -4 degrees so I stayed in my car for a while, then when there were three people on line I manned up and got on line, but I got there around 3 AM, the next 3 rolled up at like 5 roughly (if my memory isn't playing games with me).

I was actually the first one there but it was like -4 degrees so I stayed in my car for a while, then when there were three people on line I manned up and got on line, but I got there around 3 AM, the next 3 rolled up at like 5 roughly (if my memory isn't playing games with me).

Yup. I got there at 5 and that other dude who helped you out got there a few minutes after me. He was really upset that he wasn't first in line so I let him ahead of me.

Yup. I got there at 5 and that other dude who helped you out got there a few minutes after me. He was really upset that he wasn't first in line so I let him ahead of me.

I got there around 630 and it was insane already so i took off south. found a nice little gem that i plan on hitting up every year from now on. you can keep your lines.

I live in Albany Ny and we have 3 record stores but none get RSD shit and if they do it's all pretty lame. Last year I drove 150 miles to northern Vermont to hit up Pure Pop, they had everything I wanted, plus the majority of people there wanted the Phish album (go figure). Left at 530 am and arrived at like 7:15, met some pretty cool hippies. Nabbed everything I wanted, so I'll be heading up there again this year. Pretty excited to head back up there, not to stoked on what is released this year. I really want the Straylight Run album and the Fun. 7

This year I haven't decided between criminal and decatur cd. Since there are a lot less releases I want this year I may go to decatur because I expect them to not be as busy

my thoughts exactly. i love criminal but it's too crazy. last few RSD's i've walked in to decatur cd in the afternoon and got stuff that I couldn't have got at criminal.

but if both of us are thinking decatur cd over criminal, i bet other people are too.