RIP - MCA (Beastie Boys)

I've never been a hardcore fan, but I don't think I've ever met a single person who wasn't at least a casual fan. I spent many summer mornings watching the Sabotage and Intergalactic videos on MTV, and began to appreciate their earlier stuff as I got older. I'm not usually particularly moved by celebrity deaths, but this is just a complete bummer and seemed worth commenting on. RIP.

I've literally been listening to the Beastie Boys for the majority of my waking life, License To Ill came out when I was three....I remember the Music Videos from then and my Aunt and Uncle rocking that record non-stop, I own every single one of their records....some on multiple formats (MiniDisc, Vinyl, Cassette, CD)....some records were better than others, but holy shit did I get amped every single time they had a new release coming out. I'm absolutely destroyed right now, never got a chance to see them perform live.....and now I never will. Will probably be jamming nothing but Beastie Boys for the next week or more because of this.

I went in to Hot Topic because I remember seeing them have 3 copies of their last album on vinyl. I decided to buy it. When I went to check it out I asked the cashier if she's heard about the news. She didn't know a thing about what happened, worse, she didn't know who the Beastie Boys are. Some other clerk knew who they were, but I was bothered by this girl working in a store that used to be good. I came to my senses and realized that she's probably in high school, and I'm 23 and listen to better music than her. RIP MCA. Thanks for everything. I will try my best eat a vegan diet.