IVWT Banned?

At the end of the day...we can all make as many assumptions on the what and the why...but as of right now, neither party is being fully forthcoming with what really happened.

So with that being said, get your panties unwadded and get back to discussing records...no matter how lame you think the band(s) is or how many variants there are or whatever.

"Discusing" this SRC vs. IVWT is now at this level:

[image]

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That's the conclusion drawn by many. This is EXACTLY why I said that if I were in SRC's spot, I would try to undo this as quickly and quietly as possible.

Whatever really happened, SRC is looking like a child throwing a tantrum. Everything is perspective, and they're losing out because of it.

THIS

OH SO MUCH OF THIS

At the end of the day...we can all make as many assumptions on the what and the why...but as of right now, neither party is being fully forthcoming with what really happened.

So with that being said, get your panties unwadded and get back to discussing records...no matter how lame you think the band(s) is or how many variants there are or whatever.

"Discusing" this SRC vs. IVWT is now at this level:

[image]

this annoys me. how has Brian not been fully forthcoming about what happened? i have posted his side and responses numerous times in this thread, and his story has never changed and has continued to make much more sense than the non-answers we have gotten from SRC. i realize you are working for SRC, but still wanna look impartial, but unless you can explain how Brian and IVWT has done anything that wasnt on the up and up from the moment he opened his distro to now, i think you sound like you have no reading comprehension whatsoever.

this annoys me. how has Brian not been fully forthcoming about what happened? i have posted his side and responses numerous times in this thread, and his story has never changed and has continued to make much more sense than the non-answers we have gotten from SRC. i realize you are working for SRC, but still wanna look impartial, but unless you can explain how Brian and IVWT has done anything that wasnt on the up and up from the moment he opened his distro to now, i think you sound like you have no reading comprehension whatsoever.

I never said Brian's story changed or anything. When have I said anything in regards to saying him or SRC were/are full of shit as to what happened?

You can believe what you want and take what each person has said as truth...I don't at this point. Simple as that. Yes, both SRC and Brian have spoken their pieces as to what happened. I choose not to believe either side. I feel there probably a lot more to it than just what we have been told.

As for trying to shit-talk about my "working" for SRC...I've been modding this board way before it was even in their hands and they took over VC from Virgil. And to be working for them, there would be some sort of monetary and compensatory portion to it...which there is not. I am not getting "paid" to do this.

I'd suggest that your reply isn't helping IVWT's cause

since you didnt quote im not totally sure if this was in regards to me or not, but if it was...i dont even have words.

It was, attacking jhulud is not going to get you any supporters.

I'm out, jhulud called it. We're beating a dead horse at this point.

I'm still on IVWT's side, SRC is still being childish.

But at this point, everyone else in this thread is getting childish as well and not helping either cause.

Have fun!

If we can all agree to diasgree...awesome then.

My indifference about this all stems from not caring about either side...I have ordered from SRC twice ever...no issues...never ordered from IVWT but I'm aware that Brian seems solid and runs a good distro from what people have said.

Great.

My beef is with the incessant assumptions and drawing conclusions when things are not really lining up for me. Leads me to believe that not 100% of the facts have been presented. Maybe by just one person...or maybe even both...I don't know anymore!

I never said Brian's story changed or anything. When have I said anything in regards to saying him or SRC were/are full of shit as to what happened?

You can believe what you want and take what each person has said as truth...I don't at this point. Simple as that. Yes, both SRC and Brian have spoken their pieces as to what happened. I choose not to believe either side. I feel there probably a lot more to it than just what we have been told.

As for trying to shit-talk about my "working" for SRC...I've been modding this board way before it was even in their hands and they took over VC from Virgil. And to be working for them, there would be some sort of monetary and compensatory portion to it...which there is not. I am not getting "paid" to do this.

what im saying is, you are putting both distros in the same boat of people who are not revealing all there is to reveal. this blows my mind, as SRC has given plenty of reason outside of this situation for people to believe they arent upfront about things (preorders for records they didnt put out and the labels themselves havent started preorders for, backing MTS, having in stock records listed and then no sending out orders) whereas IVWT has never given any reason for anyone to feel they arent up front and honest. how can they both be making you believe they arent telling the full truth? you do a fine job modding, and im not attacking that. im just saying you are coming off pretty silly by placing both distros under the same tent, when its clear one has a history of shadiness and the other has a history of unparalleled customer service.

How one lives without Chick-Fil-A is something I do not get.

Chick-Fil-A is terrible, not only food wise, but run-by-fundamentalist-pricks-wise too. I haven't eaten there in nearly a year and hope to keep it that way.

Edit: The parallels to SRC are astounding! :o

im just saying you are coming off pretty silly by placing both distros under the same tent, when its clear one has a history of shadiness and the other has a history of unparalleled customer service.

You're coming off more than silly by asserting that everyone should agree with your point of view. This is the internet man, everyone is going to have opinions and very seldom will you be able to change them by rehashing old arguments that took place 1000-fold less than 24 hours ago. At the end of the day these are just distros and not record labels, people who essentially flip records for a living, so inherently there's probably going to be some shadiness on both sides.

The facts that we are going to have are out, and everyone has come to their own conclusion. Deal with it, and put it to rest.

I myself have received damaged records from IVWT and had to wait over a month for an order I placed at SRC, so really neither is spectacular if you ask me (that's not speaking toward both distro's very good and wide selection of titles)

I don't think the point is who is right or wrong. The point is that regardless of who is right it wrong, SRC's decision to ban Brian has had a negative impact on the community.

I would be fine never having heard either side of the story. Knowing what I do know, though, I don't see banning Brian as being a reasonable solution to any problem between them, unless it was something that violates the rules of the board.

It sets a bad precedent.

So yea, its really none of our business what happened because it happened outside of the board. But since it happened outside the board, it should be handled there too.

Edit: I removed Juan's quote because I didn't actually respond to him.

im just saying you are coming off pretty silly by placing both distros under the same tent, when its clear one has a history of shadiness and the other has a history of unparalleled customer service.

You're coming off more than silly by asserting that everyone should agree with your point of view. This is the internet man, everyone is going to have opinions and very seldom will you be able to change them by rehashing old arguments that took place 1000-fold less than 24 hours ago. At the end of the day these are just distros and not record labels, people who essentially flip records for a living, so inherently there's probably going to be some shadiness on both sides.

The facts that we are going to have are out, and everyone has come to their own conclusion. Deal with it, and put it to rest.

I myself have received damaged records from IVWT and had to wait over a month for an order I placed at SRC, so really neither is spectacular if you ask me (that's not speaking toward both distro's very good and wide selection of titles)

distros are now flippers? you lost me now dude. that may be the silliest thing written in this thread so far. have you seen the prices on IVWT? if you consider any of them to be anywhere near "flipping" capacity, then i dont know what to tell you.

and you received damaged records from IVWT? did you contact them? they have always fixed these things when they have happened. Brian hates when it happens and always makes sure to remedy the situation when it happens.

i hate that i have to explain this shit you folks, and that Brian cant do it himself, but that is the situation right now due to him unfairly being unable to speak his peace himself.

^ dude we get it hes banned its silly. the other poster apparently doesn't know how distros work so no need to get bent out of shape. That said you don't have to relay statements or defend Brian here anymore. Everyone knows he has a webstore and a facebook and we could contact him there from now on.

Plus have you seen the poll in the other thread...people clearly side with him and hes won a few customers. I don't think hes at a disadvantage anymore.

it was either false flagging (ie. looking for a reason to justify to banning IVWT) or SRC needed 3 copies of that record quick (maybe they didnt want to place a wholesale order through their distributor since most require a minimum order).

SRC list price of that record was 18.50. IVWT price is 9.99. thats a pretty wide margin for the same record. it was noted by IVWT that the record was listed as in stock when their order was placed. now it is not. SRC said 3 employees wanted a copy of the record. seems like an odd realization by 3 people that all work together in the same week to want a record thats been out for 4 years. then someone that works there popped in and said he had nothing to do with the order even though his name was on it. doesnt add up.

specifics aside - its poor form on SRC's part no matter how you view it. anyone that runs a business knows perception plays a huge role in your success. they have not done themselves any favors with this. worst of all - its a blow to this supposed "community."