Forum Suggestion

Create a "VC Local" main thread to add to the 4 main ones. The sub-threads would be major cities. Anything specific to a city would go in there (extra concert tickets, ride shares, local record stores, promoting anything you want). When someone asks the question "I am going to ... and need advice on activities to do" they will be targeting the question at locals and also, the responses will be catalogued in an area-specific thread that will stick around for future use. It will also be very useful for the "I am going to this show, who from VC is going to be there and wants to hang out?" conversation.

Look at how much more attention the turntable thread is getting now that it has it's proper place rather than being an overlooked sticky at the top of the main board. I would definitely add a "Metro Detroit" thread to the list of threads I read regularly. When mixed in with everything else, they just get pushed into the old thread abyss pretty quickly and forgotten about, though.

Good idea but if you want different threads for every different area it could end up being ridiculous. Would there be threads for international countires as a whole, or would they also go state-by-state? Too much work for too little use, unless traffic picks up, I feel.

plenty of other areas do this pretty easily. Northwest, southwest, midwest, canada, etc..

plenty of other areas do this pretty easily. Northwest, southwest, midwest, canada, etc..

The message board handles this on its own. Threads for cities like LA, Chicago, New York would recieve a lot of traffic and always be near the top. If someone creates a thread for some tiny town in Idaho, it will just get pushed off the top pages and forgotten. A thread for Idaho/Montana/Dakotas, etc might stick around, though.

It's natural selection for message board threads. Don't need a rigid taxonomy. People will figure out a structure that makes sense once started and work with it, if this ever happens.

• 4 weeks later...