New Yellowcard Vinyl Presale

http://hopelessrecor...products/131151

I'm a sucker for color...had my eye on this for a while. They tweeted about this going back up a month or so ago

The box is gorgeous. Well worth the price. If you're a big fan of the band, don't hesitate once you get the funds. I consider it a prize, but I have loved this band for a long long time.

I think the vinyl options are interesting. And while I REALLY wish there was an LP/7" combo, thinking about it from the label's perspective, it's a smart move. The black shirt is cool enough for a fan of the band, the CD being signed is a neat perk, and if you collect vinyl...you want that 7". I bet plenty of people purchased that bundle, then added the LP for $15. The 12" being limited to 500 is pretty cool too, considering the band is pretty big. I would have gone with the LP/7" combo right away though.

Oh, and this record is absolutely worth the $45 for all that together. If you liked the last one at all...this one is just better. The real sucky thing is that shipping jumps from $5 to $11 with the bundle + LP as opposed to just the LP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question, I have no idea, I'm just curious. Did Ocean Avenue ever get pressed?

http://merchnow.com/products/131147/ocean-avenue-black-lp

http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Avenue-Yellowcard/dp/B005E8KQ6Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1343154431&sr=1-1&keywords=ocean+avenue

Just for starters. Color only available in box set

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone missed out on the 7" from the pre-order, you can get it from the following local record stores if you pre-order the album:

Yellowcard and Hopeless Records are excited to team up with Music Monitor Network to support local and regional record stores around the United States. This vinyl pressing was limited to 1,000 colored 7″s featuring hit singles ‘Always Summer’ and ‘Here I Am Alive’.

Purchasers will receive the 7″ an instant promo item alongside an exclusive poster when you pre-order your copy of Yellowcard’s upcoming record Southern Air from any of the following record stores

Side A: Always Summer

Side B: Here I Am Alive

MAINE / NEW HAMPSHIRE

Bull Moose Music

PENNSYLVANIA / NEW YORK / NEW JERSEY

Gallery of Sound

The Sound Garden

Vintage Vinyl

MARYLAND / VIRGINIA / SOUTH CAROLINA

The Sound Garden

BK Music

Monster

CALIFORNIA

Dimple Records

COLORADO

Independent Records

WASHINGTON

Silver Platters

ARIZONA / NEVADA

Zia Record Exchange

yea i totally only buy records that the band uses a color they have never used before.. fuck the music on it!

You're not a detail person, are you? It just seems funny that whoever signed off on the vinyl color at Hopeless didn't think to make it a different from color from the other records in their Yellowcard boxset, particularly for someone interested in adding this release to the boxset.

Or perhaps they meant for it to be dark green but the plant messed up. In that case, I'd take back my comment.

Also, my debate on whether to buy this has nothing to with a repeat vinyl color. I'm just now hearing the album and trying to decide if I want it on vinyl. YAP.

That coke bottle green 7" that you could only get with a bundle is now on sale by itself:

http://hopelessrecor...products/144212

It's only $6, but they charge almost $5 for media mail. First class is offered for a cent less.

And, the 7" that they released to record stores is yellow /1000. I thought they were just using the coke bottle greens for that.