Warped Tour 2012

haha! ice-t was supposed to be before eminem for our show in chicago... but he got sick? or something. in order it was: sevendust, fill in for ice-t (cant recall), black eyed peas (pre fergie of course and they got boo'd big time!), then eminem.

Ice-T did play Warped Tour in Chicago in 1999; I took a picture of my friend Mike with him. I am 100% positive on this, I still have the photo.

Haven't been since 2000 and 2001...too many shit bands to justify standing around all day. Besides, the good bands aren't even all that good nowadays. I prefer stuff like Fest and Chaos in Tejas...way better bands and a way better vibe.

If you are still in high school or under the age of 20 I am sure it is great, but for me, it is nothing but a bunch of crummy bands appealing to the HotTopicCore crowd. Sure they may get a handful of okay bands, but most of those bands are just coasting on their name nowadays.

If you are into it, great...enjoy yourself. I will do so at other festivals. No harm, no foul.

2003 was my first and favorite year. We drove 12 hours to Jacksonville because we couldn't make the Houston date. Partly because it was in a field and I liked the setup a lot more than the parking lot/pavilion layout that I went to in 2006 and 2008 in San Antonio. We drove to Houston in 04, only to find out it was rained out. One time they moved it inside, but not that year. I don't see myself going this year unless it's a last minute thing.

Ice-T did play Warped Tour in Chicago in 1999; I took a picture of my friend Mike with him. I am 100% positive on this, I still have the photo.

damn... i simply don't remember it. probably a time slot change then. ice-t played at the same time that blink did, so thats probably why i didn't see him.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999-07-16/features/9907160157_1_punks-bouncing-souls-warped 1999 review!

damn... i simply don't remember it. probably a time slot change then. ice-t played at the same time that blink did, so thats probably why i didn't see him.

http://articles.chic...ng-souls-warped 1999 review!

Whoa, that review brings back memories! I remember watching Royal Crown Revue (I LOVED that band) and I totally remember their singing making that Valium crack, word for word.

I think Warped Tour is great for kids going through an adjustment period and finding their way to new and better music. Thats how it worked for me and you get to check out a bunch of bands on smaller stages that could catch your ear. I went the past two years for free otherwise I wouldn't have gone. Stuff like Fest, Pouzza, and others like that are more my thing with bands I enjoy now. Warped Tour will always be that gateway.

I think you're mixing your years. Eminem was on in 1999, Green Day played in 2000. I don't think HWM actually played Warped Tour until 2002 (that's the first year I remember seeing them, and I've been a fan since '98 or so), but it's possible I'm wrong on that one.

HWM played Warped in 2000 for sure, that was the first time I saw them and it's the only Warped Tour I ever went to

I started going in 2001. There were a couple years I skipped and I couple years I went to more than 1 show. Found out in 2008 that Kevin Lyman is a distant relative - the rest of my family thought he worked for Vans haha so I had to explain who he was.

2001 was my favorite. Saw so many bands that I became a huge fan of later that I didn't really know at the time. AFI, Ataris, Rancid, Jimmy Eat World, 311, Less Than Jake all played.

Not going this year, unless it's for a short time to say hey to Kevin and my other cousin that works on the tour. The Tonight We Unite tour is here the same day and sadly there's more bands I want to see on that tour than on Warped.

I went last year and regret it, the only good things were the tan I got and seeing Less Than Jake for the first time. I told myself last year that I would only go if some of my favorites played. Sure enough TBS, NFG, Yellowcard, Title Fight, MDAM, Transit, Fireworks, and a couple other bands I like are playing. So, I'm pretty pumped to go this year.