Glassjaw 7" set + custom shirt + ticket = $93

just wondering... do you guys always have to pay taxes when ordering stuff? my total would be "just" $108 (incl shipping to germany)

Yes and no. Usually when you buy online (and you're not in the same state as the seller) you don't get charged tax. Taxes over here are different state to state and county to county. And like Andrew said, we basically get taxed twice. I'm a big fan of the fair tax which would do away with income tax for most people and increase sales tax so you pay taxes based on what you buy and not what you make.

Yes and no. Usually when you buy online (and you're not in the same state as the seller) you don't get charged tax. Taxes over here are different state to state and county to county. And like Andrew said, we basically get taxed twice. I'm a big fan of the fair tax which would do away with income tax for most people and increase sales tax so you pay taxes based on what you buy and not what you make.

Exactly! It's not fair that people who make more money have to pay higher taxes. I get 26% of my check taken for taxes. I guess in Washington they don't take taxes out of your pay.

Not to get political, but "fair" taxes are not seen as fair to those on the lower end of the spectrum. Sales taxes are ALWAYS without a doubt regressive. Poor people do not have the ability to save, therefore spending nearly every penny they earn because they don't make much. Those further up the scale have the ability to save and spend far, far less as a matter of % of their income and therefore spend a much smaller % of their income on taxes. The tax burden falls so heavily on the poor it's not even funny.

Exactly! It's not fair that people who make more money have to pay higher taxes. I get 26% of my check taken for taxes. I guess in Washington they don't take taxes out of your pay.

All of you complaining about taxes in the states seem to forget many other countries take twice as much income tax as ours.. stop complaining.

http://www.truthfulpolitics.com/http:/truthfulpolitics.com/comments/u-s-tax-rates-on-employment-income-compared-to-other-countries/

This is like the fucking Crosses box. How goddamn retarded. This package is nearly useless to anyone outside the tri-state area from NY. Just sell the fucking singles. I wouldn't mind having the shirt but this makes it a $25 to $30 shirt and a $30 to $38 ticket and the singles together (going by the old price) total in $30. If I could get the full single set alone I would just do that but they always have to bundle a bunch of BS together to make an extravagant cost out of something that only contains a portion of stuff that is in demand.

the way i worked it out is that it's $30 for the vinyl, $20 something for the shirt, and $40 for the ticket plus tax. this isnt a bad deal for those on long island or who live close to be able to go to the "event", which could either be something spectacular or lame. not really worth alot for those who cant make it though unfortunately, but still beats the prices on ebay for sure.

Anybody have ideas what the "event" could be? my ideas range from a show of some sorts (always hoping new material), some sort of party maybe with the group, or my fears is that its a showing of their new live dvd which would be kinda lame. excited to see the dvd but not "$40 ticket excited" to watch it on a tv with hundreds of other people

Why does Glassjaw hate their fans?

If they offered this as a ticket to any show on a tour, I would be in in a heartbeat. Instead I am not buying it. They seem like they don't really give a shit which sucks because I enjoy their music. This will sell out anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.