THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD

Just got off the phone with customer service and he said its a mistake. He will contact IT and should be fixed in a couple hours. Not holding my breathe though

I hope so. This is how my costumer service call went,

Him: "Sir the vinyl is no longer showing up because it is sold out".

Me:"so youre saying that between last night and this morning every piece of vinyl completely sold out."

Him: " Yes that is exactly what I'm sayin"

Me: Hangs up...

Usually their customer service is awesome. I dont mean this in a negative way but I think they have outsourced customer service. Both guys I talked to today had heavy foreign accents and didnt seem to know what they were talking about.

I hope so. This is how my costumer service call went,

Him: "Sir the vinyl is no longer showing up because it is sold out".

Me:"so youre saying that between last night and this morning every piece of vinyl completely sold out."

Him: " Yes that is exactly what I'm sayin"

Me: Hangs up...

Usually their customer service is awesome. I dont mean this in a negative way but I think they have outsourced customer service. Both guys I talked to today had heavy foreign accents and didnt seem to know what they were talking about.

I've had similar conversations with individuals with heavy accents and Travis responded to me to say their costumer service department is in the U.S. and isn't outsourced.  Take that for what it's worth.  

I've had similar conversations with individuals with heavy accents and Travis responded to me to say their costumer service department is in the U.S. and isn't outsourced.  Take that for what it's worth.  

Yea I called once to place an order an the dude was super nice, said he was into vinyl, and that if anything was damaged in shipping to give them a call and they would sort it all out. Guess it's just who you talk to.

there is no way this was a mistake.....

Truthfully? I doubt hot topic really gives a fuck about vinyl. Go into the store, if vinyl was their big seller it would be right up front for everyone to see. But it's not, it's in some bin close to the back of the store where you have to know what you're looking for to find it.

I'm assuming they make most of their money on clothes considering that's 90% of the store.

I'm sure it's a mistake and we will all be able to get "Living Well..." today for half off!

Truthfully? I doubt hot topic really gives a fuck about vinyl. Go into the store, if vinyl was their big seller it would be right up front for everyone to see. But it's not, it's in some bin close to the back of the store where you have to know what you're looking for to find it.

I'm assuming they make most of their money on clothes considering that's 90% of the store.

I'm sure it's a mistake and we will all be able to get "Living Well..." today for half off!

it may be the thing they lose the most money on with these discounts though.  shirts and half of the junk they sell get made for pennies & sold at a huge mark up.

I feel like something like this has happened before during hot cash where not all of the vinyl showed up and the glitch was eventually fixed.  Not to this extent where the entire section has been removed though.  Hopefully it does get fixed.  Like someone said before, if they wanted to exempt vinyl from the sale they could have made it so the codes wouldn't be able to be used for vinyl purchases.  That way they wouldn't lose money on anyone just trying to pick up a record or two.

I feel like something like this has happened before during hot cash where not all of the vinyl showed up and the glitch was eventually fixed. Not to this extent where the entire section has been removed though. Hopefully it does get fixed. Like someone said before, if they wanted to exempt vinyl from the sale they could have made it so the codes wouldn't be able to be used for vinyl purchases. That way they wouldn't lose money on anyone just trying to pick up a record or two.

Ahh, yes. The great Vheissu fuck up of 2012.