THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD

I...don't understand. 

They have lost a stupid amount of money selling vinyl records for 50% off on the past hot cash sales, so it appears they have pulled the entire vinyl stock during the 10 day sale this time around.

Travis mentioned in the Fall Out Boy thread that we would "flip" once hot cash started, so I think it is pretty clear this is the case.

The weird thing is that it will still be available in store. This is strange.

Not that strange because if you actually bought enough stuff to get a real coupon you can bring it into the store. The main problem is people were using the codes that were "unique" and taking advantage of it. Either way I'm definitely bummed out.

Interesting. It's crazy if they really don't let people buy vinyl during this. If that's the case then the claim that Hot Topic doesn't care much about vinyl sales (because they have so much more isn't true). Also deleting a product page for 10 days wouldn't make much sense (I mean some people would still buy at regular price). It'd be easier to just make the cash code not apply to the order. It's almost like fraud if they just deleted it without advertising it wouldn't be available.

Side-note: if they lost a ton of money selling records at 50% off in the past they surely lost 50% of their profit on selling anything on their entire site at 50% off. I mean you can still use the leaked codes on anything else.