THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD

This was the only time I really felt a desire to buy Living Well. I will probably just buy off someone used later. I like the album but this is some dumb shit. I mean I understand them not wanting people to mass buy records with it but there are so many ways they could of fixed that. They need to just do unique codes and not exclude anything so they benefit customers only if thats the goal of this sale. This is just a salty stab at a small but consistent chunk of their business.

Its moments like this I gotta wonder why they sell vinyl in the first place. Their staff have no idea about it. Nobody informs anyone about when things are coming out. When they sell a lot they don't know what to do with orders if things get lost. I am very appreciative of all the exclusives they have delivered over the year and am glad they sell vinyl but they just handle the sales of it so poorly.

Except for the say anything deluxe of that last album, wish I had never bought one in pre-order, way cheaper now

Ah, you're right, haha. I mean that they had the Beatles ones, the NOFX ones, etc. I remember someone saying that another forum advertised the HT sale as being a place to get the Beatles set for 50% off. And as woeisthespider pointed out, that was below distro price.

I think they beat us. haha

This was the only time I really felt a desire to buy Living Well. I will probably just buy off someone used later. I like the album but this is some dumb shit. I mean I understand them not wanting people to mass buy records with it but there are so many ways they could of fixed that. They need to just do unique codes and not exclude anything so they benefit customers only if thats the goal of this sale. This is just a salty stab at a small but consistent chunk of their business.

Its moments like this I gotta wonder why they sell vinyl in the first place. Their staff have no idea about it. Nobody informs anyone about when things are coming out. When they sell a lot they don't know what to do with orders if things get lost. I am very appreciative of all the exclusives they have delivered over the year and am glad they sell vinyl but they just handle the sales of it so poorly.

Agreed. I normally buy a lot of records during hot cash that I normally wouldn't so they do get extra money from me. Plus, I legit have a 45 off 90 from all my normal vinyl purchases so it pisses me off after months of waiting to have it go down like this

Ah, you're right, haha. I mean that they had the Beatles ones, the NOFX ones, etc. I remember someone saying that another forum advertised the HT sale as being a place to get the Beatles set for 50% off. And as woeisthespider pointed out, that was below distro price.

I think they beat us. haha

Ya it was a Beatles forum or something.

I understand them not wanting to sell vinyl for 50% off to people that didn't earn it, however some people have actually earned a coupon are now getting burned. The answer to the problem is making truly unique coupon codes not removing the entire stock during the sale.

Can we all just stop the entitlement? Nobody earned 50% off anything. It's HT's sale, and if they don't want to give us half off it's their prerogative. If you're really upset just don't shop their anymore. It's that simple.

That's actually not true. A lot of us earned a coupon over the last couple of months by buying records from them. Now those coupons can't be used on the same product that we earned them with?

I am not upset, in fact I completely understand why they would do this. I just think they went about it poorly.

Can we all just stop the entitlement? Nobody earned 50% off anything. It's HT's sale, and if they don't want to give us half off it's the company's prerogative. If you're really upset just don't shop their anymore. It's that simple.

Incorrect, we technically did earn the 50% off by spending the requisite amount of money as advertised for the discount coupon. And as easy as it is to wish I could not shop there anymore, they are sometimes the only place to get a copy of represses I'd like to own

What bothers me is that I only really wanted to buy 2 records. I was not even going for a huge order. I just wanted to save on that midtown record because it is a bit steep for the album. I also was gonna get the tri-color man overboard LP. Honestly have easily spent over a $100 if not more this year on vinyl. Mostly stuff I enjoyed as a kid and still do and things for my collection. I even got that Daytrader LP during their last bogo on a whim and loved it. The customers who abuse the codes aren't really the issue but rather how hot topic handles these sort of sales.