THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD

in the FOB thread yesterday:

Posted Yesterday, 12:37 PM

victimofadriveby, on 16 Jan 2013 - 12:36, said:snapback.png

Isn't it better than people coming up with theories about the HT site and speculating if you're dead?

travis said:

You have a good point there, sir.

Also, cant wait to see this place flip once Hot Cash starts :)

highly unlikely that a large corporation cares about people reselling their stuff.

most likely they realized they were losing money on this, so instead of doing the sensible thing (e.g. make the coupon codes unique), they decided to eliminate the department where the abuse was happening (e.g. vinyl).

obviously, the coupon codes being easily available on this site is not what they had intended, its just a shame that people who actually earned those coupons don't get a chance to use them.

This. I just assumed every code was unique (before reading this thread). So I spent my $30 to get a code. Shame its been abused the way is has.

FuckCockShitDamnPissAsshat

I just got done writing my letter to Travis.

My Dearest Travis,

Travis....  Travey...  T-Baby...  I thought what we had was special.  I don't want to throw it out.  What can I do to get you back.  I know things weren't perfect between us, but I thought we had something worth holding on to.  Don't you remember the time that I bought that NOFX Box Set from you, and then sold it on ebay to pocket and easy $30?  I remember that, and I cherish that memory.

I can change, I can be the customer you want me to be.  I know it's all my fault but I'll do whatever it takes to get you back.  Please, please just let me know what I can do.  Without you I just don't know what I am going to do.  Where am I going to be able to find someone who will sell me vinyl so cheap I can flip it on the ebay with ease.

You know what fuck you, and fuck the high horse your rode in on.  I mean you want to actually make a fucking profit on Vinyl.  That shit is so fucking bullshit.  Only I should be able to make a profit you your vinyl.  So go fuck your fucking self in the fucking ass.

*sobbing*  I guess *sob* this is for the best.  *sob*

Lovingly Yours,

Vinyl Flipper

PS.  Please take me back.

they're not trying to "stick it to the flippers". i don't think people were buying $15 records for $9 (on average) to flip for $14 minus fees. anyone that believes their statement is completely naive. It was a dumb promotion on their part in the first place. It should've been limited to clothing. The thing is, the lost a ton of money on vinyl the first time around (low profit margin), so in turn, they took advantage of customers by advertising the hot cash promotion the same way and the real honest customers bought stuff thinking they'd get hot cash to use on vinyl. had they said from day one that hot cash wouldn't be able to be used on vinyl this time, way less people would have bought. that part is bullshit.

Hot Topic:

- problem:Handles sales wrong. 

- problem - flippers

-Solution - Blame all customers

-Solution - Prevent sales for 10 days on items

I don't care if their reasoning is to help stop flippers they are still doing a disservice to anyone who earned their codes and buys records full price throughout the year.

To their credit, if i remember correctly they tried to limit the quantities during the last promotion. That didn't work obviously, and they can still be used in stores........i'm just in a small town with a HT that has basically zero vinyl.  FML for 10 seconds. HT still gets the thumbs up.....not to mention Trav has been a boon for this community.

Not gunna lie, I'm kinda pissed about this.  I waited almost a month to get Midtown's- Living Well Is The Best Revenge and something else, now this bullcrap happens.  I understand, but its not really fare.  I mean, if you want to do this it should be marked clearly on the coupon that you can not use on vinyl.  The closest Hot Topic to me is like 45 mins and their vinyl section is absolutely horrible.  

Not gunna lie, I'm kinda pissed about this.  I waited almost a month to get Midtown's- Living Well Is The Best Revenge and something else, now this bullcrap happens.  I understand, but its not really fare.  I mean, if you want to do this it should be marked clearly on the coupon that you can not use on vinyl.  The closest Hot Topic to me is like 45 mins and their vinyl section is absolutely horrible.  

My thoughts exactly. Also instead of a BS excuse they could of just been clear in advance they did not want the code working for vinyl. Some people would of been annoyed but at least they would of been honest and let people know. I love that they want us to go to stores. I would pay double the price of the records in gas.

Hopefully the vinyl that they had up before hot cash will come back afterwards with the same stock amount they had prior. 

I don't think they're wrong for wanting to avoid people buying and flipping records but they could have handled this much better. 

It's no surprise they always get wiped out of vinyl when hot cash hits.  For god sakes the codes used to be HTCASH15, HTCASH30, and so on.  Until they changed it to a unique looking code that wasn't so unique but that didn't work out too well for them either.  They had enough time in between each hot cash and the earning of hot cash to make unique codes for every single coupon.  It couldn't possibly be too hard to do that.  My only complaint is that because now people who have the coupon (like myself) are limited to the shitty selections of certain stores rather than the wider selection to choose from online.