MAN ADVICE

i told her that if she means it, then shell be the one to ask me to hang out sometime. otherwise im not going to be the fool to keep getting denied.

i just want to touch on how fucking ridiculous girls are for a second.

so ive been hanging out with one of my friends, and a group of his co-workers lately. and all the while, ive watched two of them take a liking to each other.

today, my friend had a bunch of us over for football and food... and the guy called out the girl for "the way she was looking at [other guy]"

this wasnt even happening. at all.

but once he left, she decided that the best way to handle the situation was to pretty much get on top of [other guy].

and as i type this, shes asleep on him, on the couch, right next to me.

what's the thing here, this guy has been texting me and sometimes the conversation will just fizzle out and I won’t respond. I saw him on saturday and he said that he gets kind of irritated that I’ll just stop responding, that he’d rather have me say ‘okay bye I’m going to sleep now”

do you guys always expect a proper goodbye to every text conversation? Am I being rude? I kind of think I am and just never really realized it.

what's the thing here, this guy has been texting me and sometimes the conversation will just fizzle out and I won’t respond. I saw him on saturday and he said that he gets kind of irritated that I’ll just stop responding, that he’d rather have me say ‘okay bye I’m going to sleep now”

do you guys always expect a proper goodbye to every text conversation? Am I being rude? I kind of think I am and just never really realized it.

I think a proper goodbye in a text conversation is actually kind of weird, I think my mom is the only one that does that. I find that's it's usually pretty evident if something necessitates a response and I didn't think people actually cared about things like that.

If he's that hard to communicate with now, you might as well quit while you're ahead.

Does he start all his texts to you with some sort of formal greeting as well? I don't consider texts to be an actual conversation so I wouldn't say a sign-off is required. At best, he sounds a bit dense, at worst, he sounds like he as a lot of rules. No one likes rules.

I've cultivated a very lazy response pattern so that I can opt out of text convos at any time. I very rarely, if ever, respond right away. That way, when people say something I don't want to respond to, it doesn't seem odd because I never respond right away anyway.

Texting and IM'ing and Facebook / Twitter have made people really weird. I barely even say hi to my friend when I see them in person because we've been talking for years continuously. You just kinda change the method of the conversation, but it never ends so there's no need to do the whole formal hello / goodbye thing.

Everybody is different; though one person may be okay with just simply "opting out" of the conversation, another may like a goodbye. Personally, I like it if somebody says something along the lines of "about to pass out, talk to you later", or "have to go (insert something here), talk to you soon", especially if it's somebody that I'm "talking" to, it just shows that he/she is actually enjoying conversation with you and it stoked for it to continue. I don't think you should give up on communication now just because you two have different methods, as I sad before, everybody is different. I used to "talk" to a girl that would give a shit ton of one word responses, or respond with just the letter "k" and it drove me batshit crazy, but that's just me.

I dislike it very much when I am texting back and forth with someone and the conversation just ends with no real exit to it. I am a hypocrite, though, since I do it to other people.

Also, speaking of texting, Gizmodo just posted an article about a website that girls can use to send in texts guys send them and get feedback on what it means.

Holy shit, reading some of the comments with advice from one girl to another is painful. Sometimes it is so incredibly off. The simplest words are misconstrued and over-analyzed, and end with comments like "DELETE HIS NUMBER GIRL HE'S NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!"

I met this gorgeous girl at Verizon Wireless today. I went in to check and see if they had any iphone 5's so as i'm waiting for about 10 minutes a girl walks in gorgeous as every beautiful black hair leggings, looks like she was about to go to the gym. She sits a chair away from me and when I see her take her phone out it was an iphone and I asked her if it was a 5 she said no it was a 4 and she was in to change her phone as hers had a broken screen. So we started chatting and she asked me if I had the 5 and I told her i was looking to buy one and that's why i was here. I showed her my droid 2 and we talked about how overpriced verizon is with their billing and data plans. all of the verizon employees were dudes, usually more women than guys worked there but as of late it was all guys. So they call me up and I talk to the guy about upgrading/reserving an iphone and then the girl next to me gets up to talk to the other verizon sales guy. At this point all of them are checking her out and I was trying to keep the banter up between her and I. So seeing her broken screen the verizon guy informed her about cases and shows her the waterproof case which cost $90. She then joked and said that would be great to take pictures of myself in the shower. So we kept a playful banter going as we spent about 20 minutes there, getting to my point I could not number close with this girl. Not to say I do with all women I talk to but I usually don't hesitate like I did today, I just couldn't seen an opening. Any advice fellas, I doubt I will see her again but my god this girl was beautiful how should I play it next time how soon is to soon to get a number or facebook?

i am in the midst of the transfer process for work - from CHI to Tampa, FL.

this gal has been pushing hard to come over and hang out. it's the 24 year old i had posted about before.

i keep telling her - i am leaving. don't be falling for me...blah blah.

she wanted to come over friday after i had a hellish week at work. i said bring beer. let's play. 45 minutes later, at my doorstep. with beer. couple rounds (not of beer) and 4am came... and i had to go to zzz. she left. good night!