MAN ADVICE

So girl lied about cheating on you? The girl put you through an emotional ringer just for you to take notice of her, what do you think she would be capable of doing in a more serious instance further down the road. You really should just cut this one short before things get any more out of hand.

Madie's right, not all girls are crazy, but when they are crazy, goddamn are they crazy

Alright so the worst possible thing happened the other night. My girlfriend had a drunken one night stand. She allowed herself to lose control of herself and fucked some douchebag. I cant get it out of my head. I cant stop thinking about how the fuck she cheated on me. Everything was fucking perfect just a week ago and earlier in the day I was on the phone with her for 2 hours. The night before she blew my phone up calling me 14 times and leaving me 8 voicemails. I dont understand what the fuck happened and how she could do that. I then get the picture of her cheating on me in my head and I fill with rage. To the point where I almost attacked one of my friends last night. I cant believe this fucking happened to me. She fucked so much up. My life up. Im no longer going to be the guy I was when I was with her, because now Im emotionally destroyed, and will have THE WORST trust issues (I already had bad trust issues). The worst part is when I said to her one day "I dont want you to do something that I wouldnt be able to look at you the same again" she got fucking PISSED and said I was an idiot for even thinking she would do something like that.......well thats funny. I dont know man. I fucking hate women. They ruin good men. But I cant stop hurting over this. Its haunting me even when I sleep. its non stop on my mind. Its easy to say "get over her man, shes not worth it" but anyone who has felt super serious about someone like this will understand its not that easy. I actually saw a future with this girl. A family. Marriage. I NEVER feel that way about people. Im not like that at all. I never even allow myself to get close to someone but she was me in another body. She seriously was my soulmate. And the worst part about all this? I still want to work things out. I still want to be with her. Which is fucking pathetic on my part. But what the fuck? Im just in love with this whore.

Hey dude, I don't know you.  And I rarely come onto this side of the board... let alone dole out advice.  But this part of you post resonated with me.  When I was young and dating during college I had massive trust issues with girls.  I'm not really sure why, but I was always afraid of them cheating on me or lying to me.

But one day I decided that if a girl did do that to me, it'd be easy for me to move on.  Any girl (or guy, for that matter) willing to cheat or lie to their significant other isn't ready to be in a committed relationship.  So I just stopped being that stressed out, trust issue guy.  I lighted up.

And guess, what?  It felt so much better.  I was so much happier in my relationships... and if a girlfriend would have lied or cheated, I would have just moved on easily.  They aren't worth it.

I've now been happily married for 7 years and have two children with my wife.  We operate on trust- I trust her completely because I know she wouldn't like or cheat on me; and I wouldn't do that to her either.  And when she goes out with her girlfriends, like today for happy hour, I'm NOT a ball of stress freaking out. 

Hope that helps. 

Signed,

Random Internet Dude

EDIT: a spell error I saw

I have some pretty cool stuff going on in my love life right now, and it’s all thanks to this message board. who woulda thought.

I've got a pic on my phone of a chick (pretty cute) and a phone number sent by a friend. Nothing else to work with. What do I say / text?

Is someone trying to set you up? does this girl know about you too?

I don't know... this is a weird one to me.

A year or so ago a girl I used to coach messaged me on facebook out of the blue and asked if I had a gf, and since I didn't at the time, I said no.  She then gave me the number of a girl she knew from gym who was thankfully a lot closer to my age and told me to text her.  I didn't for a while because I thought it was awkward, but it's really not.

Just tell her straight up your story.  "Hey, my friend blahblahblah gave me your number and said I should text you."  My conversation quickly moved to the computer to talking to almost dating until she went to Taiwan or some weird country for like 6 weeks.  When she came back it wasn't the same, but the beginning part went fine.

Just do it.  If she doesn't respond or thinks you're a weirdo, what'd you lose?  It's not like you already know this girl and would lose a friend or anything.

tumblr_meuh4bKBQa1rvcjd7o1_500.gif

yeah, it's confirmed.

Just tell her straight up your story.  "Hey, my friend blahblahblah gave me your number and said I should text you."

Just do it.  If she doesn't respond or thinks you're a weirdo, what'd you lose?  It's not like you already know this girl and would lose a friend or anything.

solid advice right there... it's really nice when people don't fuck around and are just honest, she'll appreciate that for sure.

Is someone trying to set you up? does this girl know about you too?

I don't know... this is a weird one to me.

A year or so ago a girl I used to coach messaged me on facebook out of the blue and asked if I had a gf, and since I didn't at the time, I said no.  She then gave me the number of a girl she knew from gym who was thankfully a lot closer to my age and told me to text her.  I didn't for a while because I thought it was awkward, but it's really not.

Just tell her straight up your story.  "Hey, my friend blahblahblah gave me your number and said I should text you."  My conversation quickly moved to the computer to talking to almost dating until she went to Taiwan or some weird country for like 6 weeks.  When she came back it wasn't the same, but the beginning part went fine.

It's a drug rep that comes into my mom's office occasionally. So yeah, got set up by my mom. Whatever, though, who cares.

Texted the other night a little. It was just generic stuff though. Kinda get the feeling there isn't a lot of common ground. She mentioned watching Real Housewives a lot. Probably not a girl who is gonna be seeing skate punk shows or comic book movies with me. Not like any of that is really important stuff. Might just give it one more try and if nothing sticks (ie, I'm sitting here going "how should I start a conversation with this girl?") then I'll just call it.