MAN ADVICE

have you guys been talking? I'm interested in seeing how this turns out for you matt.

I hate when people try to blame things on being drunk. I always think it’s the opposite... true feelings come out when people are drunk. she had no reservations about cheating on you. she sucks, and I’m sorry. like lebowski said, if my relationship was as intense as yours was, I could be blackout drunk and cheating wouldn’t even cross my mind. She wanted to... so she got drunk and acted on it.

I agree 100% with this.

We're going to a show together tomorrow. I'm so excited..

She called me last night and asked what I was up to. I hesitated and told her not to laugh, because I was knee-deep in a wrestling PPV. She did laugh when I told her... Because she's been a wrestling fan since she was 5.

This is some straight up El Scorcho shit.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?

have you guys been talking? I'm interested in seeing how this turns out for you matt.

I hate when people try to blame things on being drunk. I always think it’s the opposite... true feelings come out when people are drunk. she had no reservations about cheating on you. she sucks, and I’m sorry. like lebowski said, if my relationship was as intense as yours was, I could be blackout drunk and cheating wouldn’t even cross my mind. She wanted to... so she got drunk and acted on it.

No. But we will be talking tonight 

No. But we will be talking tonight 

I'm so sorry to read what happened to you Matt, I don't know what else to say because if put in that same situation I would probably feel the same way: wanting things to work out and feeling pathetic for it, so I'm not great for advice. Just wanted to say that I hope you can find your own peace with it somehow, someway, and that I wish you the best.

so........................... she didn't cheat? but said she did?

Yeah. She figured it was the only way for me to completely hate her and not talk to her. Basically I wasnt taking some things she was telling me the way she wanted me to or as seriously in her mind and in her mind Ive been writing it off with other things. So she was so frustrated and pissed off to the point she felt the need to do something drastic and stupid and dramatic like that. Said it was the worst thing she ever did, feels awful, kept apologizing. Like I said you could just hear it in her voice. And looking back on it, I shouldnt have believed she did it anyways. First of all she wasnt working, but told me (when she was lying about doing it) that she went out with coworkers. The only time she goes out with them is when shes working because she doesnt drive (afraid to drive, like I said, shes crazy). 

So it has been established that she is a liar...dude, save yourself the trouble down the road and end it now.

Honestly, I think she is just saying she "lied" because she wishes she never said anything in the first place. Don't fall for the "sadness/embarrassment" angle, she obviously has no problem manipulating the truth, so how do you even know it is truly genuine?

So it has been established that she is a liar...dude, save yourself the trouble down the road and end it now.

Honestly, I think she is just saying she "lied" because she wishes she never said anything in the first place. Don't fall for the "sadness/embarrassment" angle, she obviously has no problem manipulating the truth, so how do you even know it is truly genuine?

You're absolutely right. But if you read the last sentence, it didnt even add up. I dont think she actually did it. Shes not that kind of person, which is why it hurt me so much. 

This is obviously oversimplified, but I feel its the best and most succinct advice I could give in this situation: NEXT. WHO GOT TIME FOR DAT SHIT?

Does it matter? In one scenario, you have a someone you can't trust. In the other scenario, you have... the same?

This isn't the first time it has been said, and sadly, it probably won't be the last but, time to move on pal. Your relationship sucks.

The harsh truth.

I'm honestly not sure what's worse; Her actually cheating and coming clean about it, or fabricating a horrible situation like that to try to manipulate her significant other's feelings. I'm leaning toward the latter.

So are you gonna bail, Matt? Or try? I would bail out hard and I'd advise anyone else to, but like Jimmy said, a lot of people use this thread to vent but don't take the advice, even when it is near unanimous.

And on the subject of crazy, one of my sister's friends has been driving by and hanging around Ryan Gosling's hotel while he is shooting a movie in Detroit. She doesn't smoke, but she visibly carries them hoping it will spark a conversation. Sad, cause this girl is physically attractive (probably a 7/10) but this makes her seriously less attractive.

Who says you cant?!

once i find a way to completely botch this seemingly perfect situation, i'll probably be inclined to post out of spite. and so everyone can be proud of me.

You're absolutely right. But if you read the last sentence, it didnt even add up. I dont think she actually did it. Shes not that kind of person, which is why it hurt me so much. 

So when are you two getting back together? But seriously matt I know it's hard trusting other people especially when you've loved someone for so long and find out they lied. I don't suggest it but if you would care to see her text messages/ emails I could show you how to do it discretely. But that is just a last resort. Bottom line you should severe all ties with this girl, she is just going to hurt you in the long run.