MAN ADVICE

need help.

soooo, ya’ll were right. Went out with him last weekend with a bunch of friends from high school and he wouldn’t even let me leave his side. and then yesterday he saw some things on my instagram and texted me, accusing me of doing shady things. I can tell he’s getting more possessive over me. also my dad is really sick right now, might have to have open heart surgery, and he was really insensitive when I told him about it - pretty much ignored it.

what do you guys appreciate most? should I be honest and say I’m not into him anymore, or do I make up something to spare his feelings.

usually I just do the bastard thing and ignore the person, but I would like to not be an asshole this time around.

Wow. That's definitely a red flag there.  If I were you I'd just tell him you don't think things are working out between the two of you.  If you want, or if he asks, you could cite the instagram ordeal and the possessiveness.  He seems kind of self centered based on his reaction (or lack thereof) to your father, so he probably will try to drag it out and make it about him by asking what he could've possibly done wrong.

Also, most importantly, I hope your father gets better. =( If surgery ends up happening, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Tell him the truth as politely as you can. He may not correct the behavior for the next gal, but he deserves the chance to try. On a related note, I assume this means we get to make fun of him together now right?

I've been saving my best quips for this moment. 

I tend to agree with this. The only caveat I would put in there is that it also depends on your feelings of him Madie. If you think he'd use this to grow as a person than absolutely explain why and everything, but if you think it'll fall on deaf ears than fuck him he dosent deserve the courtesy. 

Everybody is giving really nice advice, and if they haven't already, I'm sure I would have to...

Just tell him to fuck off.

My response was meant to have a little bitchiness to it, haha.  But I wouldn't go overboard in the event that he can become super crazy stalkerish or leechy.  I always handle situations under the guise of "you don't know what they're capable of," which I understand might be crazy and slightly morbid, but one can never be too careful.

man I didn't realize how hard it was for me to be honest with someone about this stuff. I keep writing texts and deleting them. should I do this over the phone? fucking A.

on a lighter note, jefferson will appreciate this

I could write a very very long post about all of the things I ignored for the sake of trying something new, but I feel bad, I don’t want to totally fuck the guy over. so here are some highlights:

he had one of his own headshots framed and sitting in his kitchen, only time i ever saw him get mad was when he lost one of his handmade bracelets (it was the one with earth colors) I remember he kept freaking out saying earth colors over and over again.

and he couldn’t get it up. He said he was thinking about it too much, I’ve never experienced that before... can men really psych themselves out like that?

and he couldn’t get it up. He said he was thinking about it too much, I’ve never experienced that before... can men really psych themselves out like that?

I believe so.  When I started dating my dude I was his first in over a year so he was really nervous which would cause situations like that from time to time.  It also didn't help that one of his exes years ago told him that he got her pregnant, but didn't keep it. =\  Still not sure if she was telling the truth, but it got to him anyway.

Before dating him I had never heard of guys psyching themselves out to the point of not being able to ~perform.

If I were in your situation I would just reply with a "no thanks."  He's just continuing to tell you what to do by replying with a statement like that.  I'm sure if you wanted to see him again to tell him in person, you would've.

This is true. Unless you're trying to salvage this thing there is no need to continue further. 

I wouldnt know about getting psyched out, but sounds like he could of got it up if he just looked in a mirror

Zing!! Also, no, you do not need to talk about this in person. You have decided it's over, so it's over. And I hope dad's ok.

And holy fuck I hope he saw the weird shit I said to you on Instagram which caused his suspicions!!! :D

I wouldnt know about getting psyched out, but sounds like he could of got it up if he just looked in a mirror

Winner!

Also pulling for your pops.

i came in to this too late.

i honestly would have suggested saying "hey- unless you can cool your jets on the possessiveness, this isn't gonna work"

but if you've just lost all interest, then you're probably doing the right thing by ending it all together.

i wish more girls would have been open with me about what i was doing wrong. having to figure it out myself suckssssss.