MAN ADVICE

Sjb2k1 (not sure of your real name), I'm stoked your girl is on the way, but I'm even more stoked about how excited you are about that. Show that pretty gal an amazing time.

the name's stephanie. pleasure to meet you in an internet kind of way.

we're going to the hopscotch festival this weekend, big to-do in raleigh. should be a great time.

your friend reminds me so much of Max from Happy Endings.

also, why does being gay almost REQUIRE the voice???

there are plenty of dudes out there who don't have "the voice," but then you' probably don't realize they're gay either hehe

i was with a gay client today who didnt have the voice. but lets be honest, its definitely a majority thing. as if they wouldnt be accepted within the community if they didnt have it.

What Balance & Composure song is that?

I believe that was 'i just want to be pure'

your friend reminds me so much of Max from Happy Endings.

also, why does being gay almost REQUIRE the voice???

google 'gay bear' or 'bald bear'............

that is the type of man my friend is into (that and cowboys, thanks brokeback mountain)

did I just go too far? maybe.

i was with a gay client today who didnt have the voice. but lets be honest, its definitely a majority thing. as if they wouldnt be accepted within the community if they didnt have it.

I find it hard to believe people who are homosexual would judge people as harshly as they have been judged all their lives.

I find it hard to believe people who are homosexual would judge people as harshly as they have been judged all their lives.

you would be surprised. lots of gay dudes out there hate the effeminate stereotype gay guy

as for me, i'm a cargo shorts wearing former high school softball player. i embrace my fulfillment of the stereotype. lol

so i was at the bar with 2 friends tonight, as 3 good looking girls walked in, and took a place across the bar from us. we decided to send them over drinks, but didnt want to be the typical dudes who send over a round to the pretty girls. so we sent them over 3 shots... 2 of them being water.

we figured this would be good enough to get them laughing and come talk to us.

no, not at all. they got offended and yelled at us. didnt even take the actual shot.

I am in need of Man Advice thread answers.

Firstly I go into Chipotle a couple times a week and there has been a foolishly hot girl working there for a while. She's stunning, but I never really thought anything about her. Then she complimented my Noam Chomsky shirt. Beaucoup points for simply knowing who Noam Chomsky is. Then she brought up that she loved my "Real men beat their meat, not their women and children" shirt. Beaucoup points for being obvious, the shirt is awesome. Then last week I had my Dillinger Four shirt on and she brings up that she hasn't listened to them in years. Beaucoup points for just plain awesomeness. I've been in there once since then and we talked about Riot Fest and the fact that we both love Elvis Costello, Gogol Bordello and Frank Turner among others. At that point I'm smitten with this girl. Hot as hell, seemingly well read and intelligent, and likes amazing music.

How does one go about flirting with someone selling them food? Or even is it possible to give her my number or even ask her out. I can't come up with a way to try and do anything but subtly flirt with this girl, and somehow going all in with "You sell me burritos. Do you want to play with my penis?" seems wrong.

Secondly has anyone tried any of the online dating sites? I've been on eHarmony for about a month, with little success. The whole finding someone compatible by reading a paragraph they wrote to try and seem desirable seems like just a terrible idea. Curious if anyone has done the whole online dating thing with any success.

so i was at the bar with 2 friends tonight, as 3 good looking girls walked in, and took a place across the bar from us. we decided to send them over drinks, but didnt want to be the typical dudes who send over a round to the pretty girls. so we sent them over 3 shots... 2 of them being water.

no, not at all. they got offended and yelled at us. didnt even take the actual shot.

The beginning almost sounded Like a minus the bear song haha.

I have never been able to buy a girl a drink at the bar, to me it just seems like a way for them to take advantage of me before even getting to know me.

Firstly I go into Chipotle a couple times a week and there has been a foolishly hot girl working there for a while. She's stunning, but I never really thought anything about her. Then she complimented my Noam Chomsky shirt. Beaucoup points for simply knowing who Noam Chomsky is. Then she brought up that she loved my "Real men beat their meat, not their women and children" shirt. Beaucoup points for being obvious, the shirt is awesome. Then last week I had my Dillinger Four shirt on and she brings up that she hasn't listened to them in years. Beaucoup points for just plain awesomeness. I've been in there once since then and we talked about Riot Fest and the fact that we both love Elvis Costello, Gogol Bordello and Frank Turner among others. At that point I'm smitten with this girl. Hot as hell, seemingly well read and intelligent, and likes amazing music.

How does one go about flirting with someone selling them food? Or even is it possible to give her my number or even ask her out. I can't come up with a way to try and do anything but subtly flirt with this girl, and somehow going all in with "You sell me burritos. Do you want to play with my penis?" seems wrong.

Secondly has anyone tried any of the online dating sites? I've been on eHarmony for about a month, with little success. The whole finding someone compatible by reading a paragraph they wrote to try and seem desirable seems like just a terrible idea. Curious if anyone has done the whole online dating thing with any success.

theres clearly common ground, and you already know she doesnt mind talking to you. just go for it.. ask her out.

she's clearly into you and has started conversations with you several times, you should've already asked her out or asked for her number. doooo it!

I can't decide how I feel about this. I probably would've thought it was funny but girls are so insecure they probably were like 'oh my god they only think one of us is pretty and deserves a real shot of real alcohol' so I don't know. It is original though. personally, I like when someone comes over and talks to me for a little bit them suggests we take a shot together and lets me pick what kind.

well the initial plan was to send just 1 shot, and then let the confusion ensue. but once we had the water idea, we had to go for it. but seriously, these girls sucked.

definitely going to try this again another time and hope for better results.

Buy her a burrito.

This is why I am terrible with the lady peoples. I over think everything. I keep going back to when a friend of mine was semi stalking a girl that worked at a local record shop and also at a sushi restaurant. The whole thing was awkward. He found out when she was working at the record shop and had me come along to try and help him talk to her, which by itself is normal enough. Then he somehow a few weeks later found out when she was working at the restaurant and had me come along again to try and help him talk with her. He requests to sit in her section and its awkward because the lady who seats us thinks hes a friend of hers and she has no idea who he is. About half way through the meal with me sitting there he busts out the most awkward attempt at asking out a basic stranger I've ever seen. He starts talking about how the only thing missing in life is a girl and that all that he want is a serious girlfriend and that she should be his girlfriend. I wanted to curl up and die, and laugh a little too. She says she'll have to think about and she needs to get back to work. We subequently never see her leave the kitchen again and has another server finish our table. From that point on I said under no circumstance will I ever attempt to hit on a waitress or anything similar. Let alone ask them on a mini date.

Is she going to Riot Fest? Suggest meeting up there to watch some of the bands you like. Safe, public, low-committment for both of you (aka you can recede into the crowd quickly if it doesn't feel right).