MAN ADVICE

having a best friend who is a gay man, I can tell you it's super weird for a gay guy to go for a straight man. they don't usually want to encourage the whole stereotype of 'gays like ALL men, straight, gay, bi' because they don't, and the last thing they want is to make you feel uncomfortable... so damn, I have no idea. I kinda feel bad for the guy.

also, I feel bad for you too :(

My best bud ONLY goes for straight men. I often have to remin him that he's perpetuating the stereotype.

and as long as im here, im single now. indianapolis and i decided we just couldnt handle the distance anymore, and that we were both too unhappy having to deal with it for the whole thing to work.

who knows, maybe ill still end up out there and we can really give it a shot.

but for now, i havent gotten any touch in 2 months... ya boy needs some poon.

and as long as im here, im single now. indianapolis and i decided we just couldnt handle the distance anymore, and that we were both too unhappy having to deal with it for the whole thing to work.

Nothing like the strawberry shortcake ;)

I'm sorry to hear that, Ry. My fingers were crossed for you. But I respect the "never say never" mentality that you're holding onto. It's realistic and fair.

oh dash

ill let this segue into a strange story of sorts.

the split happened on wednesday, so of course i was straight t-pain, and all "broke up with my girl last night so i went to the club" on thursday. now i went in to the night with the mind set of "i need to fuck and all, but im still a decent human being who cant just switch off from pretty much being in love yesterday". but anyway, went with my friend, and almost as quickly as we got there two very good looking girls approached us. he knew one of them, and it turns out i did too.. he wing-manned for me years ago with this girl while i was banging her friend (who also happened to live right across the street from the place i just moved out of). my friends trying to get me to hit on one of them, but i just wasnt... okay i had no fucking clue how to. well we ended up leaving this bar after a while, running into more good looking girls we knew. then the girl from across the street showed up. right before the first two girls from the evening popped up at this bar, and now theres me and 2 of my guys friends with 7 very attractive females. naturally, im feeling confident in myself. not that i was getting laid, but that there was such ease getting back into the scene at least. and then on the way out, bumped into another attractive friend. good conversation, possible seed planted? lets see.

im done bragging, heres where it gets weird.

the next night i go back out with 2 different friends. first bar we go to, the first two girls from the night before show up. i think the initial akwardness i displayed had kind of worn off by now. they were more than friendly in coming over to say hi for a bit. shortly after we hopped over to another bar, and within about 20 minutes of getting there... they showed up. we spent some time with them over the course of the night, invited them to hang with us, but it didnt really go anywhere.

but the next afternoon, i was walking around town (a good 40 minutes from the city i was in the previous two nights), and here they come riding along on their bikes. i just threw my arms up like "what the hell?!" and they just rode by laughing.

if this happens one more time, i swear im going to declare that the gods have spoken and that its only right that the 3 of us go smang for hours on end.

I'm sorry to hear that, Ry. My fingers were crossed for you. But I respect the "never say never" mentality that you're holding onto. It's realistic and fair.

she even said that shell still be there for me. like id said earlier on, she really doesnt date. so the least of my concerns is some other guy coming along and scooping her up.

i think that after some time passes, well both get over being annoyed with each other the way we had been the last month, and probably remember what made things so good in the first place. it took me a very long time to find any faults of hers, and once i did they were kind of magnified, and it took away from me being starry eyed over how wonderful she was. is. how wonderful she is.

she even said that shell still be there for me. like id said earlier on, she really doesnt date. so the least of my concerns is some other guy coming along and scooping her up.

i think that after some time passes, well both get over being annoyed with each other the way we had been the last month, and probably remember what made things so good in the first place. it took me a very long time to find any faults of hers, and once i did they were kind of magnified, and it took away from me being starry eyed over how wonderful she was. is. how wonderful she is.

I'm sorry you guys broke up, good luck getting back out there and getting some poon. Sounds like you will be getting it in no time.

I'm sorry you guys broke up, good luck getting back out there and getting some poon. Sounds like you will be getting it in no time.

except now im back at home. in a bedroom 5 feet from my parents.

when i moved back, i said "well at least i wont have to worry about bringin' bitches back!" whatever. challenge (reluctantly) accepted.

ok, so heres one.

this dude who used to kind of be friends with my little brother was like really antsy to hang out with me a couple years ago. at the time, i just figured, "of course, im the cool older bro".

and then it happened again out of no where back in the spring. and he was even more pushy.. asking if id wanna hang out. me being nice enough to say yeah, just give me til after the semester when ill have some free time, and then the next day asking me again. at that point i just straight up ignored him, because at first it was annoying, and then becoming creepy.

and my suspicions werent too far off, because he came out during the summer. and then i woke up this morning with a message from him at 2:03 am saying "hey man i need to talk to you"

seriously... how the hell do i even respond to that?

if yer havin gay problems i feel bad for ya son

I remember when I worked for a private EMS copany and was partnered with a openly flamingly older gay guy for a few months. Me 21 him 45ish? So from day one he told m he was totally in love with me, would turn me gay that its better then women. And when he finished med school he would buy me new sports cars, big house yadda yadda. And I could only laugh. We had serious discussions about strait/gay/bi and everything inbetween daily. And he would make comments all the time to me, other co workers and nurses in the hospitals about me and how hot I was ect. And I was open to discuss the idea of people beng gay but it boiled down to men disgust me, penis is gross including my own. Women are a amazingly attractive never ending drug of boobs and vagina. I understand strait men and lesbians fo likeing women. I can't even comprehend gay guys makes no sense to me. So we joked about it the rest of our time together. Untill he got throw in prison for meeting a 15 year old online and hid him in his house for months because the kids parents dident approve and eventually called the cops. Who knows what happend to him now 12 years later.

I have an absurd amount of gay friends and it's just fascinating to me. I've gone to gay bars and it is awesome having people buy drinks for me like I'm a hot girl. It's funny when they are convinced they can turn me gay, just like guys think they can turn lesbians straight. But I'm pretty open and comfortable with all that stuff. Most people get creeped out when they're hit on by people they have (at best) no interest in.

I'm a regular on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at a gay bar here in my town (who can say no to dollar whiskey nights), and I get hit on pretty frequently. I just figure it would be like me buying a drink for a pretty girl at a bar and say thank you. In fact, here is a pretty funny bit of conversation from last nights visit to the gay bar.

(Setting) Men's room, me washing hands, one man in stall, other standing outside of stall

Man outside of stall: I don't know why you even locked the door

Man inside: It's just a privacy thing, I know, I know, it's not like you haven't seen me naked, or suck a guy's dick (laughs)

Man outside: You know there is another guy in here don't you?

Me: It's cool, I've seen dude's suck dicks before, no big, suck a dick, as long as you're good at it go for it

Man outside stall laughs, shakes my hand and buys me a drink after we leave the men's room.

talked to that guy today. it pretty much started with him saying "hey im gay i hope youre not mad and were still friends"

and im thinking to myself, weve really never been friends. but thats obviously not what needs to be addressed here.

so i just told him that id already heard, and that hes going to need to learn that he cant confuse his sexuality for any one else's problem. or even a problem for that matter.

it didnt take long for him to address being attracted to me and whatnot, but just about everything he said had a sort of "dont hate me for being this way" attached.

it was annoying.

annoying because thats what society has done to homosexuality, and just about all sexuality really.

this weekend, my cousin and her fiance are having a get together, basically to thank everyone for supporting their upcoming gay marriage. my first thought was "cool! gettin drunk with the family!" and my next thought was "do we really need to be thanked for supporting a union between two people who obviously make each other extremely happy?"

and i cant tell if this is even related, but ron delaney was on twitter yesterday pimping his new standup special, and he retweeted someone asking "is this gay friendly?", reaffirming that it is.

fuck you, gay person. stop choosing to be offended.

I totally get your thought process. It's annoying where we live in a society where being gay has become such a big deal that it's almost sad when people have to celebrate achievements. I mean, I'm so proud when people come out but we should be living in an existence where the idea should just be "you're gay? That's cool, wanna go get some pizza?" instead of "holy shit, you're the first gay person to ride a unicycle, let's throw a celebration".

well, now that we got on this subject, I feel I have to share this small documentary I made for a class project when I was in college. The gay guy i interview is my best friend of 18 years. I also interview 2 pastors, one is from my town and the other also lives in michigan and was involved in a small scandle for publishing anti-gay newsletters and handing them out to people. He even compares gay marriage to ‘a man marrying a dog’. I was so incredibly sad and scared when I visited him for the interview. his wife wasn’t even allowed to speak to me unless she had his permission. The whole thing really stuck with me.

also, westboro baptist makes an appearance.

"do we really need to be thanked for supporting a union between two people who obviously make each other extremely happy?"

honestly in this day and age, yes...still. i cannot even tell you how good it feels that my family (some extended too) ask constantly about Gina (my gf) and want to meet her etc etc...because for every family like mine...there's one that's not so great.

also, she's on a plane right now! she's gonna be here until next wednesday, so fucking excited!!

well, now that we got on this subject, I feel I have to share this small documentary I made for a class project when I was in college. The gay guy i interview is my best friend of 18 years. I also interview 2 pastors, one is from my town and the other also lives in michigan and was involved in a small scandle for publishing anti-gay newsletters and handing them out to people. He even compares gay marriage to ‘a man marrying a dog’. I was so incredibly sad and scared when I visited him for the interview. his wife wasn’t even allowed to speak to me unless she had his permission. The whole thing really stuck with me.

also, westboro baptist makes an appearance.

[media=]

[/media]

You did a really good job on this video.