MAN ADVICE

hang out with quartet. don't get too drunk. spend the night making excuses for running late.. bypass the bar all together and eventually arrive at the hotel.

once again, we're expected to get a bunch of snow today. 

AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLOW.

In western Massachusetts born and raised 
Fawning for bitches is how I spent most of my days 
Rejected, all clueless, actin' a fool
Til I met this little cutie still goin' to school 
This girl was DTF, she was lookin' real good 
Grabbed me by the wiener and gave me the wood
She gave me a couple light strokes and I was already there
And I just told you all the story about cummin in her hair

In western Massachusetts born and raised 

Fawning for bitches is how I spent most of my days 

Rejected, all clueless, actin' a fool

Til I met this little cutie still goin' to school 

This girl was DTF, she was lookin' real good 

Grabbed me by the wiener and gave me the wood

She gave me a couple light strokes and I was already there

And I just told you all the story about cummin in her hair

I hate that I can't like this.

looking for advice here.

i'm struggling with this separation really bad.

it would probably be easier if she hadn't taken our car and abandoned us.

my oldest daughters prescription ran out today and i have no idea how to get a hold of her doctor, and have no way to go get the prescription even if i could.

she doesn't answer my calls. she avoids our family all costs. lately she's been tending to our basic necessities by dropping tings off at the door, and driving off. not telling me it's there until after she's gone.

i keep having these breakdowns where i blow her up with texts and beg for her back.

i know i shouldn't, but i can't control it. the need to fix my family is so much stronger than the want to be peaceful and passive.

I'm not abusive, and i don't make threats, but she hates hearing these things from me, and it pushes her further away.

she gets angry every time i do it, and throws all these awful words my way, tells me to 'fuck off' and 'deal with it.'

says i'm 'pathetic' and that she doesn't 'care what i think, because this is how it is'.

how the hell can i find comfort in this?

how can i just accept that she's gone, and fucking up her life and our family, and banging someone else on a daily basis?

i've tried forgiving her, i've told her i would and can change all the things she hated about me, but never warned me about.

i just want us both to change for the better, and watch our family to grow the way it should.

i find myself in moments where i don't want to care, or where i'm angry, but my moods change with my thoughts, and the more i think about whats right, the more i collapse into these desperate depressions where i can't leave her alone.

it's so bad, and i know it doesn't have to be. how do people like her find so much comfort in their convictions and shrug it off like it's nothing, and ignore the wants and needs of others. how do they turn love and kindness into anger?

You have to remember, you want her to think of you at your prime, the version of you graveling on her cell phone is not your prime.  You need to play it cool buddy, even if it doesn't get her back, it will build you up to her as well as yourself.  When I would beg my ex to take me back, she would tell me the same things, but in a much nicer manner.  She finally told me that I just needed to be cool, girls want cool, composed and confident.  Try that, it may not work, but at least you'll know that you're building some confidence. 

i agree with everything ronnie said, but i also understand how that won't provide the immediate results you need.. especially when your biggest concern seems to be making sure the girls get what they need.

i'm thinking your best bet is something along the lines of saying "do whatever you want to do, but don't fuck our children". there may be a nice way of putting it, but i would almost suggest putting your foot down and letting her know that they could not possibly deserve what she's doing. especially when it comes to medication.

did you mention something in the other thread about your relationship with her mother?

i don't think so. i'm not sure. i've spilled a lot.

her mother is the only one taking her side on this, and ironicly, is the exact same thing that SHE did to her father.

she found someone, lied about it, moved out, and broke it to him slowly.

except she took sarah with her, and continued to neglect her, just like sarah is doing with our kids.

i do have a great relationship with her step-mother tho, which is what i may have mentioned, because she raised sarah far more than her biological mother ever did, but her her biological mother is the only one in the physical picture right now because she lives two towns away.

every time i try and put my foot down she laughs at me and tells me i don't make the rules.

she insists that this will go exactly the way she wants it to, just like our relationship did, and there is nothing i can do to stop her, or control her behavior.

she will see them and take care of our needs ONLY when it's convenient for her, and me trying to change that will only make it worse, and make her be around less.

i honestly don't think theres much you guys can tell me that i haven't already tried at some point. this has been going on for over a month already.

we're in the middle of our 5th week, actually.

Please tell me you are divorcing this bitch. I am sorry if that is harsh, but the situation is pure bullshit. If she is cheating, you are in a better position to "make the rules" once the paperwork is filed.

we've decided on divorce, but lately i've been really focused on just taking her back and fixing this.

it would be hard and there would have to be a lot of serious changes that she would have to be willing to make, and i think that scares her a lot.

affairs happen, people fuck up, but 10 years and 3 kids isn't an easy thing for me to throw away.

even after all of this, i still can forgive her, and i am still very much in love. it's a lot stronger than the anger.

Man, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment if you think it is even remotely worth salvaging this relationship...

I get it, 10 years, 3 kids...usually that just means "I am afraid I will be alone forever because no one wants a divorcee with 3 kids". Maybe I am wrong, but you deserve better than this, and I am fairly sure she won't change, even if she says she will.

I can't say I know what your going through.  Not even in the slightest.

You do need to go out with friends and have a night out.  Go out, make a fool of yourself hitting on ladies.  Just plain have some fucking adult fun.  I know you have kids but have a friend or family member watch them. 

The longer you beg and plead the longer it will take for you to start to move on and rebuild.  Whether or not the two of you have a future is not something I could guess, but you need to start having fun without her as a part of your life.  Heck her seeing you out with friends just having a blast might the kick she needs to see you as more than a doormat.  Heck take up YoCasey on his offer to take you out for a night.

Now for my unsolicited and unwanted opinion on your situation.  Your ex is a cunt.  Fuck her.  I hope she suffers from fecal vomitting.  Marriages end all the time.  It's one thing to realize your marriage is ending and start dating a bit.  It's another thing to jump out of a marriage into another semi serious relationship while abandoning your children.  The fact that this dumb fucking cunt took the family car and just abandoned your children makes me want to punch her in throat.

One more time because I think you really need to understand this.  If I had the time I would go and re-write the book Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day as Almightyseancore and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Cunt.  Abandoning your husband that happens, relationships end all the time.  Abandoning your children is another thing all together.  I understand I can be blunt about this because I'm not emotionally invested.  I'm not belittling your feelings for her.  I'm saying the best thing you can do right now is work on moving on and having fun as an adult and with your children.  At some point maybe she will come back to you, but you know what she should have to come back to you with her tail between her legs begging and pleading. 

Okay, a few things:

1. None of us know Sean's wife personally. We should probably refrain from passing too much judgment on her, since we are only getting his side of the story. (Not that I doubt anything Sean is saying, but still, it's one thing to sympathize with someone, it's another thing to completely villainize his significant other.)

2. Sean, everyone in here is more or less giving you the same advice and you're refusing to take it. So, either take it or stop asking for advice. You're the only one who can fix this situation; no one on this message board will have a magic solution.

i don't have friends. she does. not me. my entire life for the past 15 months has been dedicated to raising these children.

i've been under this womans thumb so hard i wasn't allowed to budge without it starting a huge nasty fight.

i can't leave because she took the car, and i have no one in my life available or willing to babysit.

it's beyond rough.

i don't have friends. she does. not me. my entire life for the past 15 months has been dedicated to raising these children.

i've been under this womans thumb so hard i wasn't allowed to budge without it starting a huge nasty fight.

i can't leave because she took the car, and i have no one in my life available or willing to babysit.

it's beyond rough.

You're in St. Louis, right? Check these out:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/search/hss?zoomToPosting=&altView=&query=sitter&srchType=A

Now once you figure that out, browse this:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/

Those are private sellers, and I'm sure you could convince one or two of them to actually drive said car to you if you were interested in purchasing it.

If you don't have money for one or both of these things, I recommend the following:

http://www.ebay.com

That is a website that you can sell plenty of things on, including vinyl records, of which you own many. Sell some, get money, pay a babysitter, buy a car, stand up straight and take back control of your life.

already got a car in texas, fixed and ready to go. grandparents are giving it to me, but too old to drive it out.

we're working out the kinks but it will take a few weeks.

during those weeks i still see nothing but desperation and pathetic behavior on my part.

i wish i had a better ability to control it.

already got a car in texas, fixed and ready to go. grandparents are giving it to me, but too old to drive it out.

we're working out the kinks but it will take a few weeks.

during those weeks i still see nothing but desperation and pathetic behavior on my part.

i wish i had a better ability to control it.

Where in Texas? Let's see if someone on VC is close to it and we can all finance their trip to get it out to you. I'm serious.

I'm in Kansas, not sure if that's on your way to Texas but I will happily give you (and your kids if needed) a place to stay. I will take you out, buy every single one of your drinks, introduce you to people, get you laid (if you want), let you watch my movies, make fun of my cats and my haircut, and anything else you need at all. No bullshit, if you want someone to talk to, or just bitch to, I've been through this before, almost this identical situation, you can call or text me anytime of the day if you want. Honestly, I'm here dude, a number of miles away, but I am here, my number will be in your inbox within a matter of minutes if you want it buddy.

thats really kind of you guys, but i should be able to make the trip with my tax return.

i'd be going to McKinney specifically.

its right outside of Dallas. i spent a good 18 years of my life there.

all my family is there, including my grandmother who raised me, and she wants this more than anyone.

i'm not too sure the legal stipulations of it all. i know that if i go before the divorce is final, then all she has to do is lawyer up and i'll have to come back.

i've been told that with proof of adultery, that i can finalize the divorce without her consent, but i don't know if this is a fact.

going back to see my attorney next week, to work it all out.

also my oldest daughter is in SSD, and my attorney said that would be a hard thing to get her out of, but with proof of proper schooling out there, and a home, job, etc. it shouldn't be too hard for me to do this.