Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

Why would they mark them down just because they are opened? Aren't they just saving you a step?

Every album that I see opened at UO has a very damaged sleeve, usually from being tossed around by customers I'm assuming. I don't think it's right to be selling a record at full price when the sleeve is damaged. I just like taking care of the albums I own, so why would I buy something damaged..

They had 3 copies of Cat Power - Sun at my local UO, they were opened floor models that greasy fingered 16 year-old hipsters could test out on their Crosley Demo Stations, these things were destroyed and I mean destroyed. Corner dings, price tag on sleeve, I am sure album itself was scratched beyond belief and they had 3 in this state. 

priced at 29.99 Canadian. 

PS - They are gone now, may they RIP, I assume someone bought them. 

exactly they normally don't have any problem selling something just because it is opened, so as a company it doesn't make any sense for them to mark it down.  Especially since if they were doing that you could just walk over and open up anything you wanted cheaper....

There were 3-4 new titles I saw at my location. One was a Stax female singer 2LP album, the Billy Bragg LP, and the others were records I've never heard of.

Lady scanned the Bragg LP, saw it listed at regular price, and was about to tell me it wasn't actually on sale, but then a coworker swooped in and said it was on sale even though the system didn't update yet. There were still a ton of the Lissie, Matador Sampler, Pixies and Notwist albums so I think this was a case of adding sale items, not a complete new round of sales.

I had to run some errands tonight and I stopped by UO because I was in the neighborhood. Glad I did, because I found a stack of freshly marked down LPs.

The Sea and Cake - Runner

Yuck - Yuck (2xLP)

Billy Bragg - Life's A Riot With Spy Vs. Spy

Islands - Ski Mask

Ra Ra Riot - Beta Love

Wild Moccasins - Eighty-Eight Ninety-Two

Wendy Rene - After Laughter Comes Tears: Complete Stax & Volt Singles + Rarities 1964-65

Connan Mockasin - Caramel

Listen Whitey! Sounds of Black Power 1967-1974

Codeine - Frigid Stars

I grabbed the Wendy Rene, Yuck, and Codeine albums. I might go back and grab Billy Brag + The Sea and Cake.

I had to run some errands tonight and I stopped by UO because I was in the neighborhood. Glad I did, because I found a stack of freshly marked down LPs.

The Sea and Cake - Runner

Yuck - Yuck (2xLP)

Billy Bragg - Life's A Riot With Spy Vs. Spy

Islands - Ski Mask

Ra Ra Riot - Beta Love

Wild Moccasins - Eighty-Eight Ninety-Two

Wendy Rene - After Laughter Comes Tears: Complete Stax & Volt Singles + Rarities 1964-65

Connan Mockasin - Caramel

Listen Whitey! Sounds of Black Power 1967-1974

I grabbed the Wendy Rene, Yuck, and Codeine albums. I might go back and grab Billy Brag + The Sea and Cake.

What Codeine did they have?

Years ago, UO sold this hanging LP wall display that held 6 or so records in a long, clear plastic sheet with sleeves.  The sleeves were cut wrong and so LPs couldn't fit in it, which I quickly found out after I bought 4 sets of the displays on sale and opened them at home.  I opened two of the four, they both were defective and I gave up & returned the batch for a full refund.  

Out of curiosity, I tweeted at the company that produced them and they said that they had recalled the displays because of that manufacturing error and the product was no longer supposed to be sold.

Two weeks later, I walked into UO and the defective displays were still for sale, including the two opened packages I had returned.

UO, man.