$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

How long have you owned the AT-LP160?

Maybe 6 or so months? I've stopped buying records to save up for a better player, and I've been real hesitant about playing some of my more rare records after finding out just how cheap and shitty the needle is.

Based on what I've heard about this one, it seems worth the wait.

Maybe 6 or so months? I've stopped buying records to save up for a better player, and I've been real hesitant about playing some of my more rare records after finding out just how cheap and shitty the needle is.

Based on what I've heard about this one, it seems worth the wait.

Is the cart proprietary or can you change it out to something a bit nicer? 

• 2 weeks later...

JBLs are nice, I have an old pair that I absolutely love. Also, be advised that this listing is for only one speaker.

Yeah they were on sale for BOGO half off on Guitar Center. I went with the A2s anyways.

The wait for this table keeps getting longer, and I'm getting closer and closer to just saying fuck it, canceling and saving up for a Pro-ject.

12/5. They've now changed the date for at least the 5th time since I ordered the thing, now it says its shipping March 3rd.

I ordered 10/20 and it should've shipped already. They've changed the date back at least 5 times already for me too. Has anyone gotten theirs without a shipping confirmation

I ordered 10/20 and it should've shipped already. They've changed the date back at least 5 times already for me too. Has anyone gotten theirs without a shipping confirmation

If it should have already shipped (and judging by the chart, it should have), I would contact them again. 

I ordered on 11/19 as a Christmas gift for my brother (supposed to ship the week after Christmas). I'm so frustrated with how this was handled, makes me look pretty stupid.

Seriously, I've ranted ad nauseum over the last couple of pages about these guys and their poor business practices. I'm just hoping that once the product arrives, I will be happy with the product and forget how long they take to ship the god damn things.

im sure they were just overwhelmed at how many people actually placed orders. Theres a lot of people here but after receiving major coverage they must have like 100k orders on backlog. i got tired of waiting for the production to overcome this and just ordered one so i would get it before the summer. Yes the Carbon is a great piece but at this price, its fully worth it to wait for am orbit. waiting will suck but im sure i did the good thing.