$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

Looks like Pro-Ject is getting involved in the budget tables as well...

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/pro-ject-announces-major-line-re-vamp-upgrade-2014-international-ces

LOL came to post about this.. man it's going to be a brave new world soon. I may have to grab one of these or a Carbon regular before this line-up change goes into effect.

first modern rodeo. I had a vintage setup with a huge, old receiver before. So I'll get either the DJPRE II or the TC750. Any recommendations for powered speakers then?

Most powered speakers are "book shelf" sized. With that being said, it doesn't mean they won't be able to crank. The downside is you may have to set up near your TT there are still ways around this like a foam bedding to cancel the vibrations onto the same surface that your TT resides on.

I'd recommend Audio Engine Powered Speakers. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioengine-5-premium-powered-speaker-system-2-piece-solid-carbonized-bamboo/3919082.p?id=1218443573257&skuId=3919082&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=3919082&extensionType=%7Badtype%7D:%7Bnetwork%7D&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!%7Bkeyword%7D!%7Bmatchtype%7D!%7Badwords_producttargetid%7D!%7Bnetwork%7D!%7Bifmobile:M%7D!%7Bcreative%7D&kpid=3919082&k_clickid=6c355465-1ea4-32a9-aa4a-0000154b3ebd&gclid=CL-brJ-S9LsCFcKDQgodYmEAVQ

I hope all of these make Crosley go extinct.

I'm sick of seeing their players on my Instagram with "I love my vinyl <3"

Yea I think Crosley and Urbanoutfitters are winning at the moment. I mean they now have flowery painted record players, which I admit aesthetically look awesome. But I know better, now.

It's honestly really sad these new people who want to support artist with buying records have no idea the damage they are doing to their wax.

We should start a movement. #killyourcrosley

#killyourcrosley has a nice ring to it.

Yeah, before I came here and did my research...that floral print Crosley had me. It's so beautiful, but knowing what it does totally kills the appeal.

I've considered getting floral print contact paper and covering my speakers with it. Since contact paper is easy to remove, I feel like that could be a fun solution. I've yet to find a print I like though.

What if someone made a suitcase record player that WASN'T crap? Take the Orbit, put it in a suitcase, have the option of running the signal through an onboard preamp and powered speakers (with the ability to remove the speakers to isolate them from the table), but also include the option to connect the TT to your own preamp/amp. Replace the crappy plastic tonearm and ceramic cart with something that won't suck. You could even include an acrylic platter that you remove during travel and tether to the top of the suitcase or something like that.

Yes it would be a little more expensive and a little heavier, but I'm sure there is a way to get the best of both worlds when it comes to quality, portability, and hipsterdom. We could cut down on the ignorance that comes from people comparing the sound quality from their Crosley played Fun. album and the file they listen to on itunes.

I was at Target yesterday looking around the electronics section and they had several Crosley TT's for sale.  For crappy TT"s they are fairly pricey can't believe people don't do a little research before buying electronics, especially something costing 60+ dollars.  I'd be hesitant to buy a pair of headphones before I read what other people had to say about them.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm still in between this and a Carbon Debut depending on funds, but I will say that I emailed these guys like literally 15 minutes ago with some questions and got back a thorough response already. Their customer service is no joke.

for those of you curious, I asked about the belt.

"The belt issue occurred in a fairly small number of turntables with acrylic platters. It should not occur under normal conditions. Typically, it is caused by excessive handling of the belt out of the box - the oil on the new belt would cause there to be some friction between the belt and the platter. While it did not affect playback, it caused the belt to sometimes fall of when the turntable was turned off (which required more handling, which made the problem worse, etc). We have begun treating the belts a bit differently in our workshop to prevent this problem - since we started doing this a month or so ago the issue has been virtually nonexistent. Under our warranty, we will correct any defects at no cost."

I know these guys have been getting quite a bit of flak, especially from the more knowledgable audio guys in this forum, and I totally get it. They still have a lot to do to earn more respect in the audio world, and that comes over time. It is really encouraging to see customer service like the couple posts above me. To me that shows that they are really trying to make a good honest product for people and not just trying to make a buck. That deserves some respect in my book.

Anyone know what the timelines were for delivery on these. I see now that when you order it gives you an estimate but I don't remember what mine said. I ordered on Nov. 27th.

Go to their FAQ section, there's a link that says "when will my orbit arrive?" Or something similar, click that and it takes you to an ETA chart.

If they responded in 15 minutes they've been dodging my emails about the new estimated delivery date. The latest one was Jan 24th.

My guess is that either A.) you are unlucky and by some chance your emails have fallen through the cracks. Cause I mean that does happen, even with some of the most respected labels/distros/companies on this board. Or B.) they really are ignoring your emails because they don't feel like giving answers that can be found in the FAQs. That's not taking a stab at you either. I'm just throwing some ideas and or possible reasons.

My guess is that either A.) you are unlucky and by some chance your emails have fallen through the cracks. Cause I mean that does happen, even with some of the most respected labels/distros/companies on this board. Or B.) they really are ignoring your emails because they don't feel like giving answers that can be found in the FAQs. That's not taking a stab at you either. I'm just throwing some ideas and or possible reasons.

Yeah, I didn't see the new update on the website where they delayed it by another 2 weeks for the 4th time. I'm starting to get tired of this

I also brought up time frames, and what I should expect when I place an order in February.

"We hope to be a few more weeks ahead come mid-February, but there is really no way to say for sure as it depends mostly on how many orders we receive."

I'm not ultra concerned about time frame. I'd rather have one before April, but I won't bash them if I don't. If they don't keep getting business, they won't have a need or the funds to take the steps to improve business.

Ever since I put a little flour on the belt I have had no belt issues at all. Everything is working smoothly. Sometimes the records will sound muddy. Not sure if that's a cartridge issue or just the record itself. Only happens some of the time. The thrice alchemy index doesn't really sound good to me. Anyone else feel the same way or is it just something that has to do with my set up?