$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

Updated the delivery chart today...looks like I'm not getting mine till the end of March, great.

Got that today. Was getting stoked about February 7th. Now it's looking like February 21st is my ship date.

The worst part for me is that I like 10 minutes from their facility and they won't let me pick mine up locally. $20 shipping is crazy when they're RIGHT THERE!

Mine got delayed another 2 weeks to Feb 21st now. I ordered on October 20 and they originally said it would be delivered by Christmas. If theres another delay I'll probably think about canceling and saving up for the Carbon as well. I don't have a decent turntable right now either so no records for me for another month I guess.

there is no way in hell i would pay that much for a turntable that we dont know much about and then have to wait several months for it to come. 

just buy a pro-ject.

They've either underestimated the order book, which is a good thing for them but bad for you guys. Or they have a supply problem.

I like the idea of being patriotic and buying a home produced product but in your shoes I think I would looking to do the same.

Mind you if you want to wait and are TTless then buy a cheap vintage one to get you by and sell it on when you are done.

You'll still have to deal with it for another 2 months though. I'd suggest ordering ASAP otherwise you won't have it till mid summer at this rate. Not talking shit about them but let's be real I wasnt expecting to wait 3 months for this shit.

Seriously. I know it said in their email that they just hired two new staff members, but they should have done this a long time ago. Really no excuse for the delivery schedule to be bumped out this far.

I'm thinking they never expected it to grow as huge as it did and figured they'd get caught up after all the kickstarter orders. They're just college kids who had an idea that worked, the delay sucks and isn't at all justified...but I can see where things probably went wrong.

They didn't schedule extra time in case anythig went wrong manufacturing wise and the smaller the team, the smaller they have to pay out.

Poor planning all around.

there is no way in hell i would pay that much for a turntable that we dont know much about and then have to wait several months for it to come. 

just buy a pro-ject.

Yeah, I really don't understand why people don't just save some more money and get the carbon. At least you will know for a fact that you are going to get a great turntable.

They didn't schedule extra time in case anythig went wrong manufacturing wise and the smaller the team, the smaller they have to pay out.

Right, but good customer service sometimes means biting the bullets and cutting into profits. These delays will definitely cause some people to cancel and they more they delay, the more cancellations there will be. If they had just been on top of this early and invested the capital early on extra people to get these things made, they could probably be seeing more profits now. People want instant gratification, and I know that if their turntables sold immediately instead of in 2-3 months and beyond, they would most likely sell more.

I'm not at all arguing that, I completely agree. 

I just don't think they fully understood what they were getting into/knew how to handle it and now it's backfiring.

Right, I'm not arguing either, I just get frustrated when a business that clearly makes a quality product is weighed down by their lack of business prowess.

Right, I'm not arguing either, I just get frustrated when a business that clearly makes a quality product is weighed down by their lack of business prowess.

If they were smart they would stop taking orders, work to get caught up on the back log and then open back up at full capacity with a more streamlined system where 2-3 month delays dont happen

I ordered an Orbit Basic but then I saw all these belt problems... not something I want to deal with in the future. With this issue on top of the downside of having no tonearm lifter, I decided the Debut would be more worth it. 

Higher quality + one week delivery? Yes please.

Cancelled my Orbit order, Debut should be here within a week

I ordered an Orbit Basic but then I saw all these belt problems... not something I want to deal with in the future. With this issue on top of the downside of having no tonearm lifter, I decided the Debut would be more worth it. 

Higher quality + one week delivery? Yes please.

Cancelled my Orbit order, Debut should be here within a week

The belt issue was supposedly only on the models with the acrylic platter and also supposedly has been resolved.