$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

Nice find.  I've been on the fence about getting a DL-110 for a while.  This made up my mind.

There's lots of threads on Audiokarma.com in regards to ordering from Comet Supply.  Everyone pretty much says the same thing: you'll be waiting for a while, but you'll definitely get your stuff.  I guess it just depends if the savings are worth it to you.

Good price. Anyone else suggest it? I hate to base something entirely off just 2 people's opinion.

Do a little googlin' ... there's no shortage of people who sing the DL-110's praise.  There's no substitute for actually hearing one, of course, but Denons are usually very musical and pleasing to the ears.

If you ordered it through Needle Doctor or Music Direct, you'd probably have the option of trading it in if it wasn't too your liking.  Of course you'd be paying a little bit more, but maybe it's worth it if you're unsure.

OK. I got a reply today but it took about 3 days

I emailed them the other day to see if I could upgrade to the Grado Green cartridge that they are now offering for an extra $20 since my turntable doesn't seem to be ready yet. I think they answered within 2 days but unfortunately the answer was no...

I also inquired about the cue lever that they designed and have been mentioning a bit in their updates and on Twitter. I was wondering if they have a rough idea of when they think it will be available and they said they hope to have it out within a few months. The design is complete, but parts still need to be sourced. I hate to say it but I'm a bit jaded at this point and their response doesn't make me too optimistic about seeing the cue lever anytime soon (i.e. I would guess that it probably will not be ready by the end of February). But who knows, maybe the process of sourcing the parts for and building the cue lever will not be as difficult as that process for the actual turntable.

I will be away until the 29th and asked them to hold shipment during that time period so I'm not expecting to receive my table before the end of the year. I was hoping they could at least throw me a bone and let me opt in for the cartridge upgrade (which I would gladly pay for) but I guess that's not possible for whatever reason.

The belt falling off problem is very annoying. It does it about 90% of the time when I turn the table off to switch album sides. I really hope they fix this some how.

Is this a problem with just the acrylic platter or both versions of the turntable? And does it happen while just listening to 45's or with 33 as well?

Is this a problem with just the acrylic platter or both versions of the turntable? And does it happen while just listening to 45's or with 33 as well?

I havent tried any 45s lately. i will when I get a chance. Cant say if its a problem with the regular platter. They said to try rubbing a little flour on the belt to increase friction. a tighter belt might fix the problem.

As of late, I'm leaning more toward the Carbon Debut.

I'm in the market for a new table as well. I have never even considered this table, I'd much rather go with a respected and established company who has consistently put out quality products. I'm not an audiophile, but all these little annoyances people are complaining about with this table, fuck that. Go with something thats proven. 

This may seem pretty silly, especially now that more and more people are noticing little things that aren't too great, but one of the big things that made me choose the Orbit over the Carbon Debut is that it's NOT made by a well known company. 

I guess it could be that I grew up in a small, dutch-country town where it's ingrained at a small age to support small businesses. But it's also really cool to see in my age range trying to do something like this. Since it's in it's first run, it'll probably be a bit till they work out the small kinks but I'm kinda okay with that. 

It does make a lot more sense to go with a Carbon Debut though, part of me kinda regrets not heading in that direction.

I generally like supporting small businesses, but with an item like this I like the idea of having some sort of security. A bigger company can usually promise timely and efficient customer service, whereas sometimes a smaller operation can't match that.

Very true, but they also can't become a bigger business without people supporting them. 

Double edged sword, I suppose.

I havent tried any 45s lately. i will when I get a chance. Cant say if its a problem with the regular platter. They said to try rubbing a little flour on the belt to increase friction. a tighter belt might fix the problem.

Wow.. Kind of nuts to spend $300 and then get told to rub flour on the belt and see if it helps? I'd demand a new belt. If it still happens might be a faulty platter?