$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

Does the Orbit come with a dust cover? It looks like they sell them separately. Many of the images show the Orbit without the dust cover. If I have to pay $40 extra to buy a dust cover, then I am going with Pro-Ject Carbon for sure.

"In the box

• Orbit turntable
  • Dust cover
  • Drive belt
  • Felt mat
  • AC adapter
  • Shielded RCA cables
  • Setup guide"

Does the Orbit come with a dust cover? It looks like they sell them separately. Many of the images show the Orbit without the dust cover. If I have to pay $40 extra to buy a dust cover, then I am going with Pro-Ject Carbon for sure.

and many of the images show the Carbon Debut without a dust cover.

It's sexier without. and sex sells.

Either getting the TC750 or DJPRE II. Should I buy a separate amp and then speakers or go for powered speakers? Not trying to spend more than $100-150 (excluding preamp).

If you're trying to stay in that price range, I suggest going for speakers + amp. If you want a NICE pair of powered speakers, it'll probably cost more than that range. From my personal knowledge, passive isn't really BETTER per say than powered or vice versa. I think powered will probably give you better quality depending on the quality of the passive speakers you're comparing them to, but I believe they can also sometimes have (more or less) the same sound quality. Powered are easier to set up though, but they are usually heavier, so also depends on where you'll be putting the said speakers. So, to conclude, in this case, for your budget, go with passive and a receiver. However, if you're willing to go the extra mile, by all means, go for the powered ones. Your choice I guess. Good luck :)

Damn it took 2 years for people to finally get their KickStarter orders? Or are these newer models being posted? Either way, 150$? Not too shabby! Good job guys.

Now who wants to combine powers and create affordable speed boxes for Pro-Ject audio TT's? I'm thinking making it available in the 50-60$ dollar range. Because 100$ is ridiculous for a button that inserts so much energy to create 33/ 12 rotation per minute and 45 rpm...

If you're trying to stay in that price range, I suggest going for speakers + amp. If you want a NICE pair of powered speakers, it'll probably cost more than that range. From my personal knowledge, passive isn't really BETTER per say than powered or vice versa. I think powered will probably give you better quality depending on the quality of the passive speakers you're comparing them to, but I believe they can also sometimes have (more or less) the same sound quality. Powered are easier to set up though, but they are usually heavier, so also depends on where you'll be putting the said speakers. So, to conclude, in this case, for your budget, go with passive and a receiver. However, if you're willing to go the extra mile, by all means, go for the powered ones. Your choice I guess. Good luck :)

So would this make sense?

UTurn Orbit>TC750>http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0049P6OTI>Speakers idk yet

If this is your first rodeo I'd recommend powered speakers. If you're going for a master set up, you gotta spend the big bucks on an amp into speakers.

first modern rodeo. I had a vintage setup with a huge, old receiver before. So I'll get either the DJPRE II or the TC750. Any recommendations for powered speakers then?

first modern rodeo. I had a vintage setup with a huge, old receiver before. So I'll get either the DJPRE II or the TC750. Any recommendations for powered speakers then?

I use these with my setup. They're powered & sound pretty incredible. Keep the woofer away from your TT though, because vibrations.

Also don't cheap out on the preamp. I did, and ended up having to buy a decent one not long after.

I use these with my setup. They're powered & sound pretty incredible. Keep the woofer away from your TT though, because vibrations.

Also don't cheap out on the preamp. I did, and ended up having to buy a decent one not long after.

I would not buy those. They look like computer speakers from a Mac circa the late 90s.

AudioEngine makes some very well regarded powered speakers. I've got a pair of their passive ones that I really like.

I would not buy those. They look like computer speakers from a Mac circa the late 90s.

AudioEngine makes some very well regarded powered speakers. I've got a pair of their passive ones that I really like.

I was recommending them because I own them and know for a fact that they're more than decent and work in my setup.

As you can tell from the reviews @ the link they're also pretty highly regarded - you could do much worse than them on a budget.

The kickstarter took one year, not two. I'd say it was worth it. All the delays came from them being very thorough about everything. I'd rather wait for a finely tuned product than one that is rushed out by a deadline. I paired it with the bugle2 pre amp I also got through kickstarter. If you go with that make sure it's not near anything that sends out a signal (like a router) or else it will cause crazy static. I don't know if all pre amps have to be kept away from things like that but I'm very happy with the bugle2/orbit combo.

I got a $800 Sony receiver on clearance/open item/employee discount for $180 at best buy. :) I'm using Polk audio book shelf speakers. I'm just running the Orbit to the bugle to the receiver. Golden.

Can you maybe provide a link to those speakers somewhere? Trying to sort out the pieces of my first upgraded setup, besides just the basic model Orbit.

Am I correct in understanding that with passive speakers, in addition to the TT and pre-amp, you need a regular amplifier? And then with powered speakers, it's just the TT, pre-amp, and speakers? And if this logic is correct, the Polk speakers you're using are powered?