PO: Wild Nothing - Nocturne (Deluxe/Standard)

you can tell by the color...if its light blue its fine...if its a deep/royal blue is most likely a bad one!

Both of the records I have received (and both have been bad) were light blue. The new one I have here in front of me and it's definitely not a dark blue.

10/19 - Received this reply today from Katie

I'm getting the tracking number right now from the shipping manager! Sorry about that. Get back to you in a few. Thanks!

^ That was 5 hours ago. Nothing since then.

This is getting hilarious (in the most awful absurd way). I'm thinking about asking for some reparations - maybe a few free 7" singles or something, because this is such poor service.

Both of the records I have received (and both have been bad) were light blue. The new one I have here in front of me and it's definitely not a dark blue.

10/19 - Received this reply today from Katie

^ That was 5 hours ago. Nothing since then.

This is getting hilarious (in the most awful absurd way). I'm thinking about asking for some reparations - maybe a few free 7" singles or something, because this is such poor service.

I tried that...said, "Since I paid for return shipping, and waiting long...I am suprised you guys didnt offer me something a little extra to make up for it" then when i got no response to that I said, could you please refund my shipping cost then? and then they didnt reply to that!!!!

out of curiosity, why should this label care? what are you going to do if you dont get what you wanted? im serious. what will be done if you never get what you initially paid for?

Well the same could be said for any business. Why does the grocery store give you a refund on a container of broken eggs? Because they don't want their reputation tarnished. As mentioned by other people above, leaving comments on their facebook page (which is a public venue) seems to have a compulsive effect and threatening to report the label to the BBB could also work. While the individual consumer is always at a disadvantage when compared to the resources of a company, there are avenues available.

I myself am taking this avenue (posting on a forum to others who might eventually become customers or who already are) so as to inform them and get a dialog going.

After one email cc'd to all three addresses I got a reply that they would replace my defective (noisy) limited ed. vinyl. I got a tracking # a day or so later and it eventually arrived via usps. The new one, while not exactly audiophile spec, sounds quite good. I'm really happy that my situation got resolved relatively painlessly. The packaging for the limited edition is seriously one of the better things I'm seen, so happy to now have it be functional. Just wanted to relate that they did pull through for me.

To continue The Drama ... of this process

10/19 - Received email stating I should be receiving a tracking number

10/23 - Still no reply So I sent email #1,0293 to katie@

Hi,

This LP was supposed to arrive at my house in playable condition on

8/28. It is now almost 2 months later. You have had my money and I

have had no record that I can play. I spent additional money shipping

one of the unplayable records back to you. So not only have I spent

extra time but I have also spent extra money on something I DO NOT

HAVE.

I request that you either send me what I paid for or send me some

other records for free (since you already have my money).

10/23 - 5 hours later I received this reply from kaite@ cc'd to phil@

Phil: can you look into this? [Name edited] definitely should have had his copy by now.

It was a full art copy. I remember this going out in September, which is why it's weird that he doesn't have it yet.

Phil, please check the tracking on this and get back to us or ship [Name edited] a new copy. Thanks!

10/25 - Still no tracking number from anyone at captured tracks, but I did find my LP had arrived today when I got home from work.

It was scratched! I sent them another email.

I never did get a tracking number for this LP but it did finally

arrive today. I can't say I'm really even excited about it anymore.

This has been the worst purchasing process I've ever experienced and

I'm not exaggerating.

I removed the LP from the packaging and took a quick glance at both

sides since the previous records you sent me had scratches and marks

on them. Side A looked perfect but side B had a distinct scratch on

track 2. I was hoping that it was superficial and the LP would simply

play through. Side A sounded perfect. I was getting engaged with

this album again instead of being jaded. Then I played side B and as

soon as the needle got to the scratched portion of the record it

started skipping.

There are two pictures of the scratch attached to the email.

So, almost 2 months after this album was released on vinyl I still do

not have a non-defective pressing. I've spent $31 ($3 shipping back

to you) and much of my time (and much of your time) trying to get what

I feel I paid for and yet for some reason I still do not have it.

I was hoping this could be worked out and that it wouldn't have to

come to this, I was willing to accept the fact that the first... and

even the second damaged records were out of your control but now there

have been three and communication has been laborious though the entire

process.

I would like a full refund.

So now I'm waiting to see what's going to happen. I will file a claim with paypal and send them my email thread if need be.

th_PA252950.jpgth_PA252939.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah that does suck :/ I ordered one anyway because I'm hoping that since the original copies were pressed before Captured Tracks switched plants, these may sound better all around. And I'm a Wild Nothing completist so there's that.

Let us know how it sounds. I own the blue CT variant and it leaves a lot to be desired sonically, but that Newbury $27 price tag is steep for a single LP. I do find Newbury variants to be well pressed and usually in quality inner sleeves (i.e., no paper scuffs).

Let us know how it sounds. I own the blue CT variant and it leaves a lot to be desired sonically, but that Newbury $27 price tag is steep for a single LP. I do find Newbury variants to be well pressed and usually in quality inner sleeves (i.e., no paper scuffs).

I'd be very willing to take that blue off your hands if you decide to let it go ;)

I'd be very willing to take that blue off your hands if you decide to let it go ;)

I don't think I am going to go the Newbury route on this release. Just curious how this variant sounds overall. And I take back my previous comment, Newbury is now sending most of its LPs in generic paper sleeves (based on the 3 releases I received today). They used to use clear polyvinyl sleeves primarily, which was nice.