Deftones - Koi No Yokan released Nov. 13th

Sorry, I am rather new here and it appears I am still figuring out the forums. I can't seem to get things to quote or add to my collection and I don't see anything in your collection. I have been rather busy today. We will touch base in the next few days. I don't have a huge vinyl collection, however I am a big Deftones fan. I already said I like to collect things, not of just Deftones gear or strictly vinyl either. Nothing wrong with that. I said I was hoping they were going to do a random signing of the numbered sets even though I know it wasn't announced. I didn't get one and I haven't heard of anyone getting one so who knows. The extras can sit, I am OK with that. Someday I am sure they will be worth more than what I paid and I am sure someone else will appreciate the opportunity to get one that is still new in the wrapper when they are long OOP. I am also OK with that. Finding interesting, rare, limited things is a hobby of mine, from high end home and car audio to old sports cards and comics etc. Combine something that I really love like Deftones, music and something limited like numbered vinyl. Well, I will probably collect a few copies. That's what the limited editions are for. I have paid more than original price for a handful after they are no longer available. It's the way it goes. :)

So I'm guessing you don't want to help out a fan and sell one at cost?

I'm somewhat amused how people have the gall to tell other people how many they should buy, what they should or shouldn't do with their own records, and what they should sell them for.

There's no goddamn universal system of trading or collecting vinyl records. There is no "fair" for everyone. It's a free for all. And I'm not saying that I like it, I'm saying that because it's reality. The price of a record is worth what people will pay. 

If the dude wants all 3 records numbered in a row, he can keep them. If he doesn't want to sell them, he doesn't have to. If he wants to sell all 3 of them on ebay at 4 times what he paid, he's allowed to. I don't understand why that's so hard for so many people on here to understand. And to have this attitude that people are assholes because they're doing whatever they want with what they own and paid for is just ridiculous. 

Thanks yarostino!

Definitely let me know when you get yours in! I'll cross my fingers for it having that 180g sticker on the front!

so everybody who still needs a 180g press, that listing should do it... got my order today and received a 180g variant.

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Deftones-Koi-No-Yokan-180g/hnum/1589283?lang=en

also, in case jpc's international shipping is too high (ive no idea how much they charge), i can get it shipped to you for cost + 7€ standart shipping (add 2€ for a tracking number) - shipping from jpc to me is free.

imag0437o.jpg

So, b/c I'm crazy, I now have a standard black version, the clear HT version, and the 180gram version. I only really want to open 1. Common sense tells me to just open the standard black version to listen to. What do you guys think?

Has anybody listened to the different versions and can comment on sound quality differences? B/c I honestly care more about an excellent listening experience than collectability. I know 180g is a little more sturdy and long-lasting, but to my knowledge the SQ is the same if they're from the same stamper, right? Were they pressed in the same place?

It's pretty crazy how different each varient of this record is!!!! I think it's best for crazy people to own every pressing!!!!!

How it breaks down:

1. The regular weight black version sounds good but kinda plain, normal, you know. Nothing really special about it, but still good. It kind of matches on some parts, but nothing flashy.

2. The clear variant also sounds good. This version has so much space, a real see-through sound. Almost like there is nothing there. The music just floats off the platter and through the needle. Very open and airy. Still great though, of course.

3. The 180 gram sounds good as well. This version definately sounds thicker and weightier.  Just so much more substance, but at the same time almost too much, too big. Like it sometimes won't fit in it's container, you know?

Anyway All three are great, but as you can see by my discriptions they are all soooooooooooo different. I don't think a person could possibly open just one and feel like they've received the full Koi No Yokan experience. I'm even thinking that the band must have wanted all three variants to be played at the same time to get the full experience!

How it breaks down:

1. The regular weight black version sounds good but kinda plain, normal, you know. Nothing really special about it, but still good. It kind of matches on some parts, but nothing flashy.

2. The clear variant also sounds good. This version has so much space, a real see-through sound. Almost like there is nothing there. The music just floats off the platter and through the needle. Very open and airy. Still great though, of course.

3. The 180 gram sounds good as well. This version definately sounds thicker and weightier.  Just so much more substance, but at the same time almost too much, too big. Like it sometimes won't fit in it's container, you know?

That basically just describes exactly how they look. Standard version = normal. Clear version = spacey and "see-through." 180g version = heavier and thicker.

so everybody who still needs a 180g press, that listing should do it... got my order today and received a 180g variant.

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Deftones-Koi-No-Yokan-180g/hnum/1589283?lang=en

also, in case jpc's international shipping is too high (ive no idea how much they charge), i can get it shipped to you for cost + 7€ standart shipping (add 2€ for a tracking number) - shipping from jpc to me is free.

imag0437o.jpg

Thank you for the info. Can you comment which record mailers (if at all) they use? And what is their returns policy like, most of the FAQ is in german i think :)

It's pretty crazy how different each varient of this record is!!!! I think it's best for crazy people to own every pressing!!!!!

How it breaks down:

Anyway All three are great, but as you can see by my discriptions they are all soooooooooooo different. I don't think a person could possibly open just one and feel like they've received the full Koi No Yokan experience. I'm even thinking that the band must have wanted all three variants to be played at the same time to get the full experience!

Ask an honest question, get a smartass response. Sigh.