Deftones - Koi No Yokan released Nov. 13th

Saw them live again last night, probably the best out of all three times I've seen them. It was the first show for them in a while, so the whole band was firing.

Diamond Eyes

Rocket Skates

Be Quiet and Drive

My Own Summer

RX Queen

Rosemary

Change

Tempest

Swerve City

Engine No. 9

7 Words

Ears still ringing. My only disappointment was a lack of anything off SNW. 

Saw them live again last night, probably the best out of all three times I've seen them. It was the first show for them in a while, so the whole band was firing.

Diamond Eyes

Rocket Skates

Be Quiet and Drive

My Own Summer

RX Queen

Rosemary

Change

Tempest

Swerve City

Engine No. 9

7 Words

I love that they still close with 7 Words after all these years. 

I really hope we get Eros soon. I dig Saturday Night Wrist and Diamond Eyes a lot.

I know the circumstances surrounding Eros, but hopefully it is released sometime soon.

Agreed! I remember them leaking the information about how heavy and in your face that was supposed to be. I hope it makes it's way out sometime as well, as a tribute to chi.

Diamond Eyes

Rocket Skates

Be Quiet and Drive

My Own Summer

RX Queen

Rosemary

Change

Tempest

Swerve City

Engine No. 9

7 Words

Kinda strange they didn't open with Swerve City. Everytime I hear that song I feel it was made for the opening song.

I have only seen them once, on the blackdiamondskye tour with Mastodon and Alice in Chains (fucking awesome show). When Deftones came out, they opened with Rocket Skates and the crowd just went nuts.

I got punched in the face the last time I saw them during Knife Prty. IT WAS AWESOME. And holy shit Elite that night was one of my favorite songs I've ever seen live. He calmly counted to 4 outloud & then just exploded with his wail into the mic "WHEN YOUR RIIIIIPE....". Bone City for sure.

& When Girls Telephone Boys live is just batshit-insane.

I never understood why a lot of people rank S/T so low. My rankings...

Diamond Eyes

White Pony

S/T

Around the Fur

KNY

SNW

Adrenaline

S/T was a bit of a disappointment for me, but I think a lot of that was due to how incredible White Pony is.  That's a tough album to follow up.  It took years and years of revisiting S/T to finally start appreciating it.  It still ranks pretty low for me overall, but that's mainly because of how strong the rest of the catalogue is than anything else.

S/T was a bit of a disappointment for me, but I think a lot of that was due to how incredible White Pony is. That's a tough album to follow up. It took years and years of revisiting S/T to finally start appreciating it. It still ranks pretty low for me overall, but that's mainly because of how strong the rest of the catalogue is than anything else.

I totally get this. Timing of when you hear an album makes a world of difference. I didn't become a huge Deftones fan until late after White Pony was out & S/T was about to be released. So I kind of started absorbing both albums at the same time. Obviously White Pony was better, but since the whole Deftones experience was pretty fresh to me, I liked S/T almost as much. Plus the whole Team Sleep thing at that time allowed me to like some of the different sounding stuff on S/T.

• 3 months later...