That one record you should not have let get away....

cephcarn4

Ugh there is so many. A few that stick out in my mind: Underoath - Theyre Only Chasing Safety, AFI - Sing The Sorrow, and Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree. I remember seeing them on Smartpunk and wanting to get them but figured Id get them at a later date.....yeah that never happened. Kick myself every day for those.

Unless this was pre-Nevermind or right around when it came out, this has to be a fabrication. Everybody knew this record was worth at least $50-100 back then, and that was before the internet even existed. Either that or you had a serious drug problem.

i bought it in san antonio in a used bin and sold it, along with my whole collection and my guitar equipment. and for next to nothing to pay my school loans/medical bills off after i quit college. unfortunately, i didn't see my records as worth anything monetarily like most do now. i didn't have that HOBBY mindset. How was I i suppose to know it was worth anything? i could have sold it for much less, but that's what they offered and i figured, shit, i bought it for like 4 bucks, score for me. truthfully, i would rather have my melvins collection back than that nirvana 7".

Ugh there is so many. A few that stick out in my mind: Underoath - Theyre Only Chasing Safety, AFI - Sing The Sorrow, and Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree. I remember seeing them on Smartpunk and wanting to get them but figured Id get them at a later date.....yeah that never happened. Kick myself every day for those.

perhaps you didnt see, underoath just got a repress

I remember seeing The War on Errorism on white at a Hot Topic "back in the day," and I slept on that shit. So pissed.

Self-Titled NFG LP for $5 at Shake It Records in Cincinnati.

for a record that is /2000 they're still FAIRLY available. Still sucks to let a good record go for $5 haha. I'm kind of surprised they never repressed this record.

i was at a concert of EITS and a guy in front of me pulled out how strange, innocence. i asked the merchguy for another copy, but it was the last. :(

That sucks. Only EITS album worth listening to in my opinion

• 1 month later...

Never heard of If These Trees Could Talk until I saw them open for Russian Circles. Before the show I was looking at the merch table & noticed that they had a cool looking album (Above the Earth...) but since I never heard of them I didn't buy it. So I watch them play, was blown away, went to buy the record and they were sold out. Now it'll most likely cost me >$50 to get it. Just saw one sell here for that price.

Never heard of If These Trees Could Talk until I saw them open for Russian Circles. Before the show I was looking at the merch table & noticed that they had a cool looking album (Above the Earth...) but since I never heard of them I didn't buy it. So I watch them play, was blown away, went to buy the record and they were sold out. Now it'll most likely cost me >$50 to get it. Just saw one sell here for that price.

2nd press preorder still has some blue for $15.99.

But yah, if you want 1st release, even if the /300 green is going to sting a bit.

My regret was a GFE tour press - but oh well, the thrill is in the chase, right ;)