That one record you should not have let get away....

cephcarn4

There was a copy of Coheed's "In Keeping Secrets" that sat in my old local store for a LONG time. I kept putting it off, thinking it'd be there forever. The day before I went in to buy it someone else did.

Now let's sit back and wait for the person to crap on this thread because it's only going to be albums that have been released in the last ten years.

Now let's sit back and wait for the person to crap on this thread because it's only going to be albums that have been released in the last ten years.

Funny enough, "the one that got away" isn't something that's limited to time, it's a record you regret selling or not buying. If your white whale is a record made in the past ten years, than you're pretty shortsighted, musically speaking.

I bought the Brand New - Devil and God new in a store here for $12-14. It was white. Sold it for $12ish on eBay in 2010. Now...

That's probably not the worst, but the one that occurs to me at the moment.

The ones I always think back to are De loused and Frances the mute, multiple sealed copies at about $25 each, sat around in amoeba for a couple years around '05/ '06. Even though I was into them, it was too much for me to spend on vinyl at the time. I had just started collecting and was used to digging through dollar bins for jazz and classical records and goodwill scavenging.

I worked at hot topic for almost six years, and it pains me to think of all the records I passed on, simply because I didn't know much about vinyl and didn't know that pressings were limited. Off the top of my head I remember passing up copies of original Get Up Kids, Hot Water Music, and Alkaline Trio pressings. Not that I'm really a fan, but had I picked up copies of Brand New records then, I could probably make bank on them, not that I support flipping, but I do support paying off credit card bills.