Kris Roe from Ataris Temper Tantrum

Just saw this and laughed. I went to see Far From Finished in the winter and The Ataris were playing the show too. So my girlfriend and I stuck around for old time sake. We left after about 4 songs. Kris is so fcuking full of himself and he still thinks his band is relevant. It's pretty pathetic actually.

That is rather embarrassing. The mighty certainly have fallen and perhaps maybe its coming to a head for the guy. 9 years ago they were all over the place pushing gold albums and were the influence of many a young band. Now, this happens, or you play shows in PAL clubs.

That being said I would still be curious to hear the new album after the Souls 7 inch

No joke, I had a dream about a month ago that he was the waiter at a local chinese place cause he needed more money to finish the album. Seeing how I saw him solo three years ago and the tour was to make money to "finish up the vocals and the album will be done" and it still isnt out yet, Im going to assume he is still hitting the PCP pretty friggin hard. Also, he was selling photos of him standing in front of the wall that Elliott Smith used for Figure 8 for 20 bucks, way to make money off someone else. Also, who the fuck still does PCP?

What does he say? "Our drummers fucking ....."?

"Our drummer's fucking failing it tonight"

What a prick, seriously. Dude should be thankful anybody is still interested in waxing nostalgic over pop-punk songs written 14 years ago. "San Dimas High School" was fun, you know, when I was a freshman junior in high school. Kris Roe reminds me of those bands that just don't know what they wanna be, he hears an MxPx record and all of a sudden the Ataris were a pop-punk band, four years later he discovers indie music and puts out some indie record that fell so far under the radar submarines had to scour it out, now he's wearing flannel shirts and fedoras? If dude wants to keep putting out music, great, but be realistic, change your name. The Ataris are done. End rant.

"Our drummer's fucking failing it tonight"

What a prick, seriously. Dude should be thankful anybody is still interested in waxing nostalgic over pop-punk songs written 14 years ago. "San Dimas High School" was fun, you know, when I was a freshman junior in high school. Kris Roe reminds me of those bands that just don't know what they wanna be, he hears an MxPx record and all of a sudden the Ataris were a pop-punk band, four years later he discovers indie music and puts out some indie record that fell so far under the radar submarines had to scour it out, now he's wearing flannel shirts and fedoras? If dude wants to keep putting out music, great, but be realistic, change your name. The Ataris are done. End rant.

Lol. Must have heard Gaslight signed to a major label.

I've met dudes that have played with the Ataris in the past and though they are very polite about their experience with Kris, it's pretty obvious to tell that it's all only nicely spoken words hiding obvious irritation toward their stint with Roe.

Also, I fully enjoy a good fedora. There was a time in which I would have received many a compliment on a well sported hat. Now, every goddamned fuck tard thinks that it's alright to swing by a Target and sport a sweet new hair hiding apparatus. I'm taking the fedora back goddammit, I'm taking it back.

No joke, I had a dream about a month ago that he was the waiter at a local chinese place cause he needed more money to finish the album. Seeing how I saw him solo three years ago and the tour was to make money to "finish up the vocals and the album will be done" and it still isnt out yet, Im going to assume he is still hitting the PCP pretty friggin hard. Also, he was selling photos of him standing in front of the wall that Elliott Smith used for Figure 8 for 20 bucks, way to make money off someone else. Also, who the fuck still does PCP?

LOL when we saw The Ataris in Toronto he didn't have merch so he was trying to sell pictures he had taken.

The past three times I've seen them play, they've played pretty much the exact same set list, with the minor difference of a cover song or two. This is over about a three year time span. The Ataris used to be my favorite band, ang Kris Roe was kind of like my hero. I had even played with them and we drank together, had a great time altogether. The last time I saw him, I was waiting in line to buy merch and he proceeded to tell someone to fuck off and give him the finger. Seeing this video makes me wonder if he's fallen on some hard times (again.) Maybe, for the sake of his health, he should lay off of making music. It pains me to say that, but I don't want the memories that I have of this band to be tarnished by any more of this bullshit.

Edit: I want to also add that I am unsure of what the dispute between him and the dude in line were, and don't want anyone to infer that it was him being an asshole. I just find all this a bit uncharacteristic of the dude.

I was a huge ataris fan until i saw them at warped '02. Saw Kris come out of the gate where all the buses were. I stopped him for a handshake and a "hey i like your band" and he acted like i shit in his cereal. Never really liked them after that.

I had a shitty warped 02 experience with him too. This was back when he was in his chubby phase and decided to dive into the crowd, and I was the only one that tried to catch him and he got mad at me (the bulimic 6'3 kid) for not catching him completely.