Taylor Swift - Red

jhulud

just watched the video. my heart is absolutely melting. straight hair/red lipstick taylor & hipster glasses taylor  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

i was real skeptical of the first ~45 seconds, but that's just a killer pop single. i look forward to hearing this at the gap every damn day.

The deluxe cd is up now at Target. Finally!

And I find funny and quite sad still, the amount of hate the song and Swift are receiving today. It's "criticism" like that by people I'll never understand. Why spend time and energy shitting on something you don't like that others enjoy? What false sense of satisfaction are you getting from putting things and others down? If you don't particularly like something, then move on and ignore it. Spend that time and energy praising the things you do like and enjoy.

I'd like to think that alternative option is not entirely rocket science.

I enjoyed Red, and I could get away with listening to it around my wife because she would usually be the one to put it on, sparing me the 'What, are you in love with her or something?!' Speech.

I don't have a thirteen year old daughter to listen to this with.

It's odd to me that her songwriting seems to have gotten less mature as she's grown older.

Woah, people really think that she has that big of a roll in writing the songs she sings?

1011p57-heated-rolls-m.jpg?itok=rho_Q7x5

I don't know...that could be a pretty big and tasty roll if you ask me.

Haha, I'm an idiot. Coincidence that I was eating Hawaiian rolls when I typed that, but still totally me just being dumb. Jump around what I was talking about by pointing out typos, though.

By no stretch of the imagination can I be considered a Taylor Swift fan, but...

straight hair/red lipstick taylor & hipster glasses taylor

...Single-handedly got me to check out that new single.  I'm not a big pop guy, nor am I huge on brass in my music... but that's a damn infectious tune.  I easily prefer it over any of the other singles she's done; working retail has made me absolutely loathe songs like Love Story, 22, You Belong With Me, and I Knew You Were Trouble.  Sorry; I know this is a T-Swift thread and it isn't the place for critique, but fuck every one of those songs.  Hard.  The country-tinged love ballads aren't for me, I guess, but I think the more poppy approach could be a strong suit for her in the future.

Gotta' agree that the "rap" bridge is pretty awkward, but I'll take well-done hooks and campy "hater's gonna' hate" lyrics over the aforementioned stuff.

Just my two cents.  I hope 1989 delivers for everyone who's pumped on it.

I thank you for that post and your opinion, Derek. Top serious.

I know you're a massive fan, and I'm a firm believer in not being a stick in the mud or ranting in a thread dedicated to hype and discussion... so that's basically all I've got.  If 1989 turns out to be a well-written pop album, I'd have no problem listening with an open mind.  Eager to read your guys' opinions when it drops.