Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

>>Damian.

Bought from him on DC and all was good. shipped fast and as described...no issues.

But sometimes things change, hence my post here. I bought a set of 7"s from richspeedowax, which took a long time to arrive but got here in the end. Genuine mistake when shipping. He also offered me a LagWagon LP which I was missing, and I paid within a few hours from making the deal. That was around 25th May. Since then nothing. No response to email, nothing on the old VC, nothing from PMs on here and not even in response to contact attempts on his label website. I did not want to go through this but I ended up filing a Paypal dispute but no response from there either. We are both in the UK so shipping delay is unlikely. Have not escalated to a claim yet, but with 10+mails and PMs and no response I am running out of ideas.

Update: He just emailed me that he is going to send out my record today, so I hope all will be well and he is one of the good guys! :)

All arrived well and Rich came good after the delay, pleased in the end!

Another SETLIST victim here. Bought an LP ($71) from him May 25th and never received it or heard from him until I started a Paypal claim. He then claimed he was away from any computer taking care of his sick Dad. Apparently his wife saw the claim in their inbox, so he refunded my money. Glad to get it back, but it appears he took a bunch of us for a ride to get some quick $. I also found his personal blog which had been updated every other day since the transaction. Will watch his movements here to make sure no one else find his trouble(s).

Now Damian has blocked me from sending him PMs. So I guess just beware he's royally fucked me out of a few moderately rare RSD records.

He just messaged me about buying some records from me, want me to give him a taste of his own medicine? ;) Just kidding I wouldn't do that, but just to let you know that he's still out there and lurking.

SCAMMER:

Martika Yazzie

P.O. Box 373

Keams Canyon, Arizona, 86034

United States

Bought a record from me on discogs, told me they had never heard of paypal and would send a money order, then when I didn't respond, sent me an e-check from paypal (without being invoiced for shipping of course), so I instantly cancelled and refunded it, is now claiming they never get the refund. I'm not worried because paypal has it marked that the refund went through but this is still annoying and someone else could definitely fall for this. Martika is using discogs under username: tka07 (has no feedback... probably a throwaway account).

Anyone have any insight into this vinyl collective member karmamook1 ?

They sent me a PM regarding a record I have listed up to take offers on. Suggesting they would purchase it right away. Then soon after the same said poster sends me another PM , but through a different handle/user name as NofxHofx80, saying it's their friends account, but it has zero posts, and was just created recently.

They asked for my paypal email address again, and with out really thinking sent it to them. Why would someone be fishing for my paypal address email ? Any thoughts ? The whole thing just seems odd to me. Thought I would post about it here, maybe some of you have had dealings with this poster before, and could offer some insight on the situation. And if you're wondering, no the vinyl collective member never sent me payment for the said record they wanted.

Anyone have any insight into this vinyl collective member karmamook1 ?

They sent me a PM regarding a record I have listed up to take offers on. Suggesting they would purchase it right away. Then soon after the same said poster sends me another PM , but through a different handle/user name as NofxHofx80, saying it's their friends account, but it has zero posts, and was just created recently.

They asked for my paypal email address again, and with out really thinking sent it to them. Why would someone be fishing for my paypal address email ? Any thoughts ? The whole thing just seems odd to me. Thought I would post about it here, maybe some of you have had dealings with this poster before, and could offer some insight on the situation. And if you're wondering, no the vinyl collective member never sent me payment for the said record they wanted.

apparently karmamook got banned. which might be the reason for the message from that new or different username. i blocked him so i wouldnt have to read his nonsense after he went on a infantile name calling rant in that thread someone made looking to sell Through Being Cool. on my blocked list it now says banned next to his name. if it were me, i wouldnt selling anything to him given how immature he acted during his brief stint here. wouldnt put it past him to pull some paypal claim BS either.

apparently karmamook got banned. which might be the reason for the message from that new or different username. i blocked him so i wouldnt have to read his nonsense after he went on a infantile name calling rant in that thread someone made looking to sell Through Being Cool. on my blocked list it now says banned next to his name. if it were me, i wouldnt selling anything to him given how immature he acted during his brief stint here. wouldnt put it past him to pull some paypal claim BS either.

Thank you for the insight on this person.

Been a week, and haven't heard anything from the guy. Can't say I'm surprised.

Okay, I've dealt with karmamook on here and other sites just recently. He was a good seller and better trader. I read the "infantile rant" you mentioned and it looks like nothing. I hope that's not actually worthy of getting banned around here. I asked him on DF and he said he was on here for years, and didn't even know he was banned for days. Suggesting not to sell, and going further that he would file a Paypal claim! over 2 comments, of which if you read we're a reaction to the other people, seems incredibly stupid to me!

Calling someone a "fucking homo" and a "ridiculous queer" out of nowhere is plenty reason to be banned. Especially when there was ZERO cursing or homophobic remarks before he went on his immature rant

I find it disturbing that some people would find where someone is being called a "fucking homo" and "ridiculous queer" as looking "like nothing". That right there says a lot of the maturity level and mentality of some.

Simply put: If you feel the need berate someone by insulting them and being abusive in your speech (homophobic or racist), then this is not the place for you. You will be warned. If it continues, you will be banned.

I just don't think it's worth getting upset about. Certainly not worth getting into homophobic slur political debates over. People call each other fags every day, where do you guys live? I think the majority of literally gay people are even over it.

dude, you're 25. time to grow up. just because you think people call each other fags everyday, doesn't mean it needs to happen unprompted on a message board.

I just don't think it's worth getting upset about. Certainly not worth getting into homophobic slur political debates over. People call each other fags every day, where do you guys live? I think the majority of literally gay people are even over it.

You sir are a prime example of why Ive lost all faith in humanity. Grow up