No Sleep Records 2013 Vinyl Subscription

I'm looking to buy a copy of the Warehouse Sessions if anyone doesn't think it's their thing once they get it in. I've already bought the No Sleep releases I want this year so can't justify the high price tag to get doubles just for the warehouse sessions.

I'm in the same boat man if anyone is letting this go let me know! (Obviously get with zacooper first)

I can't decide yet if I want to go for it again next year.  I definitely enjoyed having it, but I probably only would have bought five or six of the releases on their own  However, they'll probably start announcing some cool releases for early 2014 next week and sucker me in again.  Plus there will probably be a new La Dispute LP next year, and that in and of itself is tempting.

Yeah, the La Dispute record is part of the reason why I'm gonna get this. And then I won't have to worry about buying it later on.

In for next years. This years was worth it.

me too, I've done it the past 3 years (the first year I just did the 7" subscription)...loved all 3 years

I usually buy this with my tax return though...so hopefully the "more limited" thing doesn't make these sell out before I can buy one

the worst part about buying the 2012 subscription now is that i can buy the entire thing, piece by piece, for almost $60 less than i originally paid. fucking unbelievable.

That really sucks. They should never do something like that. I was actually thinking of buying a 2012 and 2013 sub when I got the money but now there's no chance I'll buy any sub from No Sleep.

the worst part about buying the 2012 subscription now is that i can buy the entire thing, piece by piece, for almost $60 less than i originally paid. fucking unbelievable.

All 18 releases piece by piece is $178, the original price was $200. So not sure where you got your math from. Maybe what you meant was that you could buy everything you wanted for $60 less. So $22 cheaper, over a year later for most of these releases, and you don't get any of the extras like the watch.

They put the remaining 2012 subscription copies up on the webstore (I'm assuming that's what the last few posts were about). I almost bit the bullet on Xerxes and Departures, but I'm gonna save my cash and get the standard versions when it's more financially feasible. Still, though, not a bad idea to get rid of excess stock. Better than having them sit around forever.

They put the remaining 2012 subscription copies up on the webstore (I'm assuming that's what the last few posts were about). I almost bit the bullet on Xerxes and Departures, but I'm gonna save my cash and get the standard versions when it's more financially feasible. Still, though, not a bad idea to get rid of excess stock. Better than having them sit around forever.

Yea and 20% of the proceeds are going towards charity, yet a few people in here are upset. I guess they should just give those extra copies that didn't sell away? Or toss them out just because it isn't "fair" to the people that paid $22 more 2 years ago?

I would jump on a bunch of those if I hadn't bought standard copies as they came out.

All 18 releases piece by piece is $178, the original price was $200. So not sure where you got your math from. Maybe what you meant was that you could buy everything you wanted for $60 less. So $22 cheaper, over a year later for most of these releases, and you don't get any of the extras like the watch.

it was $200 but a flat rate shipping fee of $30, so $230. buying it piece by piece is $184 ($13*10 + $6*9 = $184) + $7.19 media mail shipping = $191.19. add in california tax where i used to live versus no sales tax in oregon where i live now, and $253 - $191 = $62. but negating the sales tax, it is still a $40 difference.

Yea and 20% of the proceeds are going towards charity, yet a few people in here are upset. I guess they should just give those extra copies that didn't sell away? Or toss them out just because it isn't "fair" to the people that paid $22 more 2 years ago?

I would jump on a bunch of those if I hadn't bought standard copies as they came out.

who said they should give them away or "toss them out"? don't be an idiot.

Do you complain every time something you buy becomes cheaper two years later?

I was gonna try to further explain to this dude why it isn't a big deal, but that pretty much sums up the most important part.

If you are willing to risk not getting something that is limited right away then there is a good chance you will get it cheaper down the line.  Anyone who didn't put up the money right away from the 2012 sub took a gamble that they wouldn't get these releases or would pay extra on the second hand market eventually.  They just happened to win this time. 

And obviously nobody said they were going to throw them away, I was being facetious dumb shit.  It just seems like you would rather them sit on them forever rather then sell them and give 20% of the profit to charity...

There are plenty of labels out there that would've been like "OH SHIT WAREHOUSE FIND" and sold these things at double their face value, for once No Sleep does a non douchebag thing and somebody still finds a way to whine.

I won't complain about the 2012 stuff being available separately, seemed like a forgone conclusion when they couldn't sell them over a year later.

There weren't many releases I was into though. I think The two Mixtapes ones are the only ones I actually enjoyed. I learned my lesson with it, won't make the mistake of ordering a sub again. Higher prices, longer waits, no exclusivity, what's the point?

I won't complain about the 2012 stuff being available separately, seemed like a forgone conclusion when they couldn't sell them over a year later.

There weren't many releases I was into though. I think The two Mixtapes ones are the only ones I actually enjoyed. I learned my lesson with it, won't make the mistake of ordering a sub again. Higher prices, longer waits, no exclusivity, what's the point?

They said next years would be a lot more limited, so maybe they will actually sell out this time around, but who knows.  I am curious as to how many they actually have left of the 2013, since Chris is consistently talking about how its almost your last chance to get one.

Do you complain every time something you buy becomes cheaper two years later?

This isn't a TV.

I was gonna try to further explain to this dude why it isn't a big deal, but that pretty much sums up the most important part.

If you are willing to risk not getting something that is limited right away then there is a good chance you will get it cheaper down the line.  Anyone who didn't put up the money right away from the 2012 sub took a gamble that they wouldn't get these releases or would pay extra on the second hand market eventually.  They just happened to win this time. 

And obviously nobody said they were going to throw them away, I was being facetious dumb shit.  It just seems like you would rather them sit on them forever rather then sell them and give 20% of the profit to charity...

There are plenty of labels out there that would've been like "OH SHIT WAREHOUSE FIND" and sold these things at double their face value, for once No Sleep does a non douchebag thing and somebody still finds a way to whine.

I have an OCD issue with box sets and things meant to be sold together being split up. They could have reduced the price a bit and still donated 20% and still kept the sets together.

How long is too long for a more expensive product to sell. The set is less than a year old (some slightly older) and it's a $200+ purchase. Equal Vision has been sitting on Fairweather LPs for well over 10 years. Some things don't fly off the shelf and that's okay.

yikes, this got blown out of proportion. i am totally ok that they are selling the rest of the copies. honestly i was wondering when it was going to happen because it seemed idiotic that they were just sitting on them. it's also awesome that they're donating proceeds to charity, which is something they didn't have to do but elected to do, and that's cool.

it simply validated that they overpriced their subscription in 2012 and probably this year, too. subscribers essentially paid a markup to receive limited variants months after the albums were released. i think it's a valid complaint, and it was a warning to people who may have been considering investing in the subscription. they still haven't sold out of 2013 so i wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, although the releases have been much more solid this year, i think.

This isn't a TV.

I have an OCD issue with box sets and things meant to be sold together being split up. They could have reduced the price a bit and still donated 20% and still kept the sets together.

How long is too long for a more expensive product to sell. The set is less than a year old (some slightly older) and it's a $200+ purchase. Equal Vision has been sitting on Fairweather LPs for well over 10 years. Some things don't fly off the shelf and that's okay.

Equal Visions product sits in what I would assume is a huge warehouse owned by MerchNow.  No Sleep's warehouse is not that big, it probably benefits them quite a bit to clear up the last handful of copies of 18 different releases.