BLINK 182 - NEW EP

amnstypls

The way tom says "pretty little girl" is hilarious

I don't think it's funny but I get why you say that....to me it's super passionate, and an emotional delivery of those lyrics. The fact that it's about his wife makes it that much more powerful and awesome, one of my favorite parts of the whole EP actually..

Also to play devil's advocate a bit here, to say that you can't say the EP was good because of lyrics or vocals is kind of weird...blink has never been known to have the best vocalists or tell great stories with their lyrics, but you can tell they're genuinely having fun writing and playing together on this EP and i think that was the something that was missing from neighborhoods and bothered people about that release...

things are moving in the right direction here... we just had a legitimate disagreement/discussion about something and no one said the word 'faggot' once. this is good.

I think you make a good point regarding "Feeling".There has to be something to grab me and draw me in to a band to check them out.

The rule changes for bands you already like, they have a reputation with you, but once they make a record you don't quite it takes two great records to make up for it.

With Blink and me its always been Tom voice. He used to not give a shit about it and now he does, and he should stop caring again. Its what made everything before AVA so memorable. I personally like this more than neighborhoods because it feels somewhat Box Car Racer -y and to me that's the height of everything blink related but it's not without its major flaws but I get where your coming from.

TL,DR if you ain't feeling it, you ain't feeling it. 

I like this ep. Some parts sound like box car and you can honestly tell that they really enjoyed recording this music together cause it comes through. That's the magic of blink, when all three are together and I think that's what neighborhoods lacked.

It's like when someone cooks you a meal with love, it always tastes so much fucking better. That's how I feel about this ep. It's not groundbreaking, but hey, I'm really enjoying listening to it and to me that's what counts.

That said, to tie the discussion in full circle to the real reason were here discussing this in the first place, i hope it gets pressed to vinyl.

On topic: I seriously hope this gets pressed on vinyl. I think a tri-color 7" (if doable) would be especially awesome and kinda fitting.

Off topic: Tom's voice sounds better than Neighborhoods, which still isn't saying much, but the effects on Mark's make him sound almost as bad as Tom. That is definitely not a good thing. I agree with what's been said that if you ignore it's Blink, it's pretty good, but comparing them to their past works will leave you disappointed. I definitely can't listen to Pretty Little Girl due to the rapping part, though, it's just completely out of place.

On topic: I seriously hope this gets pressed on vinyl. I think a tri-color 7" (if doable) would be especially awesome and kinda fitting.

Not sure this EP would fit on a 7" or if I'd want it all squeezed on there. I think a 10" with an etching of that vicious dog artwork on the b-side would be fuckin dope though.

I do like Neighborhoods better, but when I listen to this EP, it just sounds like their having so much fun recording rhese songs. And Mark did say that this EP was all written in the same room together when Neighborhoods was sent back and forth and they didn't work to much together in the studio at the same time.

Put it on a 10"! The first blink 10" :D Hopefully there's some vinyl only artwork though. The artwork for this EP is hideous.

Also in terms of getting the rights to press it, does them being an independent band now effect this process? I mean, does it make it easier? Harder? Just wondering.

Put it on a 10"! The first blink 10" :D Hopefully there's some vinyl only artwork though. The artwork for this EP is hideous.

Also in terms of getting the rights to press it, does them being an independent band now effect this process? I mean, does it make it easier? Harder? Just wondering.

You'd have to contact the band directly or whoever manages them. Which is probably nobody if they're totally independent. Easier to deal with, harder to get in touch with, basically.

Also, these songs would not fit on one side of a 10".. I mean, it would but it'd sound crappy. It's 20 minutes long. By no means a short EP, keep in mind alot of albums that were made for the vinyl format top out between 30-40 minutes.

I'd really like to see this as a 10". A one sided 12" with etching would be doable but gimmicky and more expensive than it needs to be. Which means the band will definitely choose to do that.

Not sure this EP would fit on a 7" or if I'd want it all squeezed on there. I think a 10" with an etching of that vicious dog artwork on the b-side would be fuckin dope though.

not sure why I'm in this thread, but one side of 10" is shorter than two 7" sides.

also...

WHY IS A THREAD ABOUT A DIGITAL EP IN THE VINYL SECTION?

not sure why I'm in this thread, but one side of 10" is shorter than two 7" sides.

also...

WHY IS A THREAD ABOUT A DIGITAL EP IN THE VINYL SECTION?

when the thread was started, there was no indication that this would be digital only. I posted it within minutes of them even hinting at it.

not sure why I'm in this thread, but one side of 10" is shorter than two 7" sides

Not sure why you're here either. Someone already said this two posts above you. This would be cool on both sides of a 10" or a one-sided 12" with an etching as they said. Although I don't think b-side etchings or screenprints are gimmicky at all.

• 1 month later...

Not sure why you're here either. Someone already said this two posts above you. This would be cool on both sides of a 10" or a one-sided 12" with an etching as they said. Although I don't think b-side etchings or screenprints are gimmicky at all.

Me either. If you're going to give me a blank side, an etching is welcomed.