BLINK 182 - NEW EP

amnstypls

I see what you're saying, but I definitely wouldn't say their out of ideas. They've just adapted new tastes in music since the blink split up and those put together sounds like Neighborhoods. I think the main reason people don't like new blink is Tom's new voice

To me it's his overly-whiny dragged out vocal style and far and foremost his inability to let go of that damn synthesizer electronic sound from AVA. Super annoying, leave that crap for AVA. He also has this new habit of throwing the word LOVE into everything. That Love is Dangerous song on Neighborhoods is just God-awful IMO.

And you're right, they're not out of ideas. I just think this particular song has that kind of sound to it. I will definitely listen to the other tracks that are going to be released though, I'm just too big of a Blink fan to skip them.

I mean I guess this is an unpopular opinion at this point, but I love it! I think it's better than most anything on Neighborhoods. It's instantly catchy and the interplay of Mark and Tom's voices is so well executed. They've both kinda smoothed out the attack of their voices just a bit which I think makes for a more pleasant listening experience.

Just went to their online store. Does any band have worse shirt and merchandise design than Blink 182?

Makes me want to wear a 21st Century Breakdown shirt.

The scene-core bands have a some pretty terrible designs as well. Scene bands in general find the need to put as many colors as possible into the dumbest designs. The only blink 182 shirt I like was a tour shirt.

The scene-core bands have a some pretty terrible designs as well. Scene bands in general find the need to put as many colors as possible into the dumbest designs. The only blink 182 shirt I like was a tour shirt.

http://botdf.bigcartel.com/product/it-s-hard-to-be-a-diamond-in-a-rhinestone-world-shirt

Blink-182 are my favorite band. That being said it's obvious I like the song. I got a giant smile on my face when I first heard it. I love how it's different, but it still feels nostalgic. I know they're the kind of band that doesn't release the best song first, and I really can't wait to hear the rest of this EP. Next Tuesday needs to get here already.

Blink-182 are my favorite band. That being said it's obvious I like the song. I got a giant smile on my face when I first heard it. I love how it's different, but it still feels nostalgic. I know they're the kind of band that doesn't release the best song first, and I really can't wait to hear the rest of this EP. Next Tuesday needs to get here already.

Yup this.

I get the sense that some here have an irrational disdain for blink-182 because of how big a pain blink fans are in the vinyl community.