Finch - What It Is To Burn 2xLP Hot Topic exclusives

travis

Also, I'd love to make a lyric sheet for this. Would anyone be interested in that being a part of this project? I have a few ideas kicking around. If there's an interest let me know. Off the top of my head I was thinking about getting a thicker grade paper and burning the edges of it like a beat up document from the 1800's with the lyrics in script on it.

ZTRI.png

Quick mockup playing with ideas. I personally dig the idea of a teal logo on black, to match the vinyl variant. Simple = cheap design. A secondary color could be incorporated if need be, but I'm sure costs would be a bit lower if we stuck with one.

Added a bit of faux-glare to replicate a metallic ink, but I imagine that'd be much more expensive, if possible at all. It'd be sweet, but I could live without it. Also not positive about the placement of the logo -- centered could be a decent.

Exactly my vision, just on gold. I think a matte black with a spot shine logo would be fucking sweet!

I'm in if it's A) not ridiculously expensive and B) not ugly. I personally think it should be similar to the actual artwork. Maybe the Finch logo Derek mocked up with the ice cube tray somehow worked in.

I believe that the decision has been a slip cover, not a new gatefold... I personally think the idea of just a matte black one with some sort of logo or depiction on it is cool... Doesn't need to be complex. I do think it needs to be the teal though... Gold doesn't go with ANYTHING.

Lyric sheets are interesting.

What about making the slip cover with the logo a die cut, so the cover shows through the logo slip cover?

I'm not really feeling the Lyric sheet as I can just as easily go online and read the lyrics (to the songs I've had memorized for the past 10 years). The Die-Cut is an interesting idea but the Finch logo is a circle and then there would have to be little cross hairs to hold the middle piece in tact which may look tacky. Also, there is black in the image on the cover so that would blend into the matte black slipcover and would probably just look like a blob.

if all these people are so heavily invested in making a new jacket/cover/slip cover/lyric sheet/time machine/teleporter and creating a new variant for this in the process just because the cover art is fucked up you think someone would have licensed it out themselves and done it the right way from the get go. i see at least two guys with labels who want one of these fly by night made up variants.

if all these people are so heavily invested in making a new jacket/cover/slip cover/lyric sheet/time machine/teleporter and creating a new variant for this in the process just because the cover art is fucked up you think someone would have licensed it out themselves and done it the right way from the get go. i see at least two guys with labels who want one of these fly by night made up variants.

maybe it'll be so cool that travis will want one too

Here I am at 3:30 in the morning waking myself up with an idea haha. But how about incorporating a design like the "Finch WIITB//// X - 10" that has been used along with some sort of image that everyone is taling about.

I kinda like that idea a little more. Just because of it being released for the ten year. I'm cool with anything but it would be more unique having the anniversary logo stuff.

Something like that would be cool, but maybe a little different looking in case FINCH ever decide to put out that e.p.(so their wouldn't be duplicates)  --Maybe they would release that E.P. on a 12' with a b-side of the last E.P. --

LOL... thought everyone was wanting the 2008 EP pressed not a sleeve for WiitB.  Could care less about sleeve, want a remastered version of the EPs and Sunshine.

Regarding the cover... why not something black on red like the band did.

finch-burn_zpsde7e4db8.jpg

Also... another idea... just sell a big sticker..... of this.  Just stick it on the LP.  Problem solved.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/gallery/files/1/0/8/3/Cover_What_It_I_300RGB_original.jpg

It's a 5" sticker at 300dpi... not the best quality, but a step up.  heck i can scan my OG LP for the photo and replicate the vector portions.

Both the above ideas are cool ideas but both would be higher up on the pricing, which I thought we were all trying to avoid.

What about the Matte Black slip cover with the 1(Finch circle logo) // WITB logo that they were using for the concert like "thefavoriteplay" suggested. Even though this isn't the 10 year anniversary re-press it still would be cool as well. Or they did release a flame logo for the WIITB tour that could work. 

Both the above ideas are cool ideas but both would be higher up on the pricing, which I thought we were all trying to avoid.

What about the Matte Black slip cover with the 1(Finch circle logo) // WITB logo that they were using for the concert like "thefavoriteplay" suggested. Even though this isn't the 10 year anniversary re-press it still would be cool as well. Or they did release a flame logo for the WIITB tour that could work. 

Untitled.jpg

getting kind of expensive now. die-cut? I'm out.

I think someone just suggested it. As far as I know so far it is a matte black slip cover with a logo on it in one color... doesn't sound that expensive. Everything else (die-cut, GITD, etc) I believe has just been ideas.