Finch - What It Is To Burn 2xLP Hot Topic exclusives

travis

isn't the cover a pretty blurry/grainy picture to begin with?

what-it-is-to-burn-4fa49a4ea467c.jpg

Fuck no. That image has graininess to it but nowhere near as bad as the vinyl. Ill take a picture in a few minutes. I'm watching the dear hunter DVD. Awesome.

At least you can see there is something in the ice cube in that pic. It's a blurry mess on the vinyl.

Alright, you can see that theres something in the ice but still... very fuzzy. I took a few pics for examples of the pixelation, the text is crystal clear. The last picture is just me bitching about stupid shit but the sleeve does the same thing as Vheissu. It shouldnt open up like Courtney Love when I lay it down.

IMG_9960_zps0c7b407f.jpg

IMG_9961_zps16a96628.jpg

IMG_9962_zps4e7c9e37.jpg

IMG_9963_zps7c16c57f.jpg

IMG_9965_zps258e9270.jpg

and it's not the first time a cover had pixelated artwork with a hot topic exclusive release. after that Thrice record came out with garbage artwork Travis said it would never happened again. the coincidences keep piling up with hot topic, and i'm in the group that doesn't believe in coincidences. hot topic definitely loves the half assed approach when it comes to anything relating to vinyl.

Shat I'd be inclined to agree with you except it's the label putting this out. Hot topic (Travis) says they'll buy X amount if they produce them. So it's not HT you should be annoyed with, rather universal for allowing this stuff to happen on their releases.

if you're playing the game of you're stupid because you think hot topic is a label try again. i based my comments on thinking hot topic, along with mca/geffen/universal, had some say in the final approval stages. pretty sure travis said he approves tests in at least one of the countless hot topic is pressing (insert album here) threads. from his comment of "this will never happen again" after the Thrice record i assumed someone at hot topic had to give final approval on the art layout along with people at universal.

of course i could be wrong in thinking that or my memory could be wrong. and if someone wants to prove me wrong with actual facts or go digging through old threads to find out travis never said anything along those lines i welcome it.