PO: Atoms For Peace (Thom Yorke) - AMOK

Can anyone expand on the differences between the deluxe pressings? My copy came with a CD, is this the only thing differentiating non-US pressings from US pressings? Purchased my copy in Canada btw.

Anyways, the packaging and sound quality is amazing on this. Not regretting this purchase at all.

Guest realtalk

This release IS amazing all around. Fave of 2013 so far... and I didn't even listen to The Eraser more than once and I'm not a Radiohead fanatic.

The only differences I can tell between the Deluxe cd and the download versions are;

1. the sticker

2. the barcode

3. the product code/serial number thingy

So basically, nothing important is different between the two Deluxe versions... same amazing embossed and foil-stamped triple gatefold sleeve and heavy 180 gram vinylz.

The non-deluxe is a regular gatefold and is neither embossed nor foil-stamped.

I am wondering if the deluxe is limited to 3000 total or 3000 each. By scarcity alone (the deluxe versions seem sold out online everywhere), I'd say total 3000 but it's hard to tell with relatively popular bands like this so that's just a wildly speculative and uneducated guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone missed this and wants a good price (Limited Edition Deluxe Dbl LP) and is in the States, you can get it for $34.43ppd. 

Limited edition deluxe Dbl LP comes with a triple gatefold package, foiled, debossed with insert and printed inners on 180 gram vinyl . Plays at 45 rpm.

http://shopusa.xlrecordings.com/featured-xl-homepage/atoms-for-peace-amok

• 3 months later...

Hello all.  I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.  Anyhow, I found this item that I knew more than a few of you would be interested in (I could not find a mention of this previously, so apologies if this is a repeat) and had to sign up just to share:

"Very limited quantities of this beautiful boxset. Each of the albums nine tracks comes housed in its own silk screened sleeve."

AFPbox2.jpg

afpbox1.jpg

http://shopusa.xlrecordings.com/amok-boxset

It is hard to find concrete information on this, but it appears to be an edition of 400.  According to the listing on Discogs: "These sets were only available at the Atoms For Peace Amok Drawing Room above the Enterprise Pub in London between 25/07/13-27/07/13 to coincide with three concerts at the Roundhouse on those dates." 

Anyhow, $105 shipped, which is not bad given how much the deluxe version ran.  Enjoy!

RPM

Hello all.  I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.  Anyhow, I found this item that I knew more than a few of you would be interested in (I could not find a mention of this previously, so apologies if this is a repeat) and had to sign up just to share:

"Very limited quantities of this beautiful boxset. Each of the albums nine tracks comes housed in its own silk screened sleeve."

AFPbox2.jpg

afpbox1.jpg

http://shopusa.xlrecordings.com/amok-boxset

It is hard to find concrete information on this, but it appears to be an edition of 400.  According to the listing on Discogs: "These sets were only available at the Atoms For Peace Amok Drawing Room above the Enterprise Pub in London between 25/07/13-27/07/13 to coincide with three concerts at the Roundhouse on those dates." 

Anyhow, $105 shipped, which is not bad given how much the deluxe version ran.  Enjoy!

RPM

Wow that's pretty awesome but that would be a total pain to listen to the entire album all the way through.