Sold out Hot Topic Pre Orders

Guest s0uthard

haha that's all i do when i go in one.. straight to the vinyl, check it all out, and leave.

That is all Hot Topic is good for nowadays. They are a far cry from the store they were back in 2004/2005.

There will be some copies going to stores of both Panic and FOB. Also once pre-orders are filled and copies have been sent to stores the remaining copies will be put up online for sale.

That is all Hot Topic is good for nowadays. They are a far cry from the store they were back in 2004/2005.

How so? Not trying to argue, just wondering.

I know there's some hip-hop and a little bit of pop stuff in the stores now but other than just carrying more current bands/licenses the store isnt that much different.

I worked there around then, I was there for almost seven years. I really hated it, but on the rare occasion that I actually go into one these days it baffles me. I don't understand what kind of store it's trying to be anymore.

hot topic is what it is, it follows trends...shit, its in their name. 8-9 years ago it was all goth and shit like that. now its latched on to the whole punk/emo/whatever shit. its just how it is.

plus their jeans kick ass. Rude slim straight 4eva.

Yea, well the last non-music item I bought in a Hot Topic was a pair of skinny acid washed jeans for a halloween costume. I had to buy a 38 waist (normally a 32) just to fit my calves into them.

What humans are expected to wear these things?

Yea, well the last non-music item I bought in a Hot Topic was a pair of skinny acid washed jeans for a halloween costume. I had to buy a 38 waist (normally a 32) just to fit my calves into them.

What humans are expected to wear these things?

i dont fuck with their skinny jeans, no way no how. their slim striaghts are a perfect fit and actually run a bit big on the waist. im normally a 29-30. a 28 fits me perfectly.

As if Hot Topic wasn't just as bad if not worse during the peak of mall-core

The one thing I don't like is how the store in my mall stopped carrying vinyl. I gotta travel to Orlando to even see a vinyl section. Daytona might not have a huge market for vinyl, but there's enough. I feel weird just going to the mall in general though.

Same thing for me and my local shop. I've complained enough about it on the message board so I won't anymore (except now) but I think HT made the decision to stop carrying vinyl in certain stores too early and didn't wait long enough for it to REALLY pick up. It was a "vinyl isn't selling there so it probably never will, let's stop sending them vinyl" decision that made no sense. I live in an area with two college towns within 8 miles of each other (~30,000 college students) and while yeah, a lot of college students don't want to be caught dead in a HT, if they kept carrying vinyl and established themselves as a place that has great new releases on vinyl, I think the students would brave the studded belts and emo kids to get to the vinyl.

The one thing I don't like is how the store in my mall stopped carrying vinyl. I gotta travel to Orlando to even see a vinyl section. Daytona might not have a huge market for vinyl, but there's enough. I feel weird just going to the mall in general though.

Otown shout out!

But yeah, the Florida Mall store is usually solid

Same thing for me and my local shop. I've complained enough about it on the message board so I won't anymore (except now) but I think HT made the decision to stop carrying vinyl in certain stores too early and didn't wait long enough for it to REALLY pick up. It was a "vinyl isn't selling there so it probably never will, let's stop sending them vinyl" decision that made no sense. I live in an area with two college towns within 8 miles of each other (~30,000 college students) and while yeah, a lot of college students don't want to be caught dead in a HT, if they kept carrying vinyl and established themselves as a place that has great new releases on vinyl, I think the students would brave the studded belts and emo kids to get to the vinyl.

Right?

I remember a few years ago here in jacksonville every store had lp's. now you're lucky to find a couple of pieces of vinyl. When I got back into collecting my first thought of where to go other than shopping online was HT but when I got there I was told they'd just sent everything back and have no plans of restocking. I would have braved it. Shopping online isn't so bad and pretty convenient but with shops closing left and right I really miss sifting thru records and finding gems which has happened at ht before believe it or not. Ht exclusives or not

• 2 weeks later...

I work at an HT in San Antonio and I gotta say, one of the only reasons I'm still working there is to get first dibs on the vinyl as soon as I open up shipment.  My store always had a decent selection of vinyl but recently the word has gotten out about our new releases/HT exclusive represses and people always come in for vinyl now.  I got my hands on Nimrod and the NFG repress but too bad we didn't end up getting either FOB or Panic, I would have snatched those up in a heartbeat!