Doghouse holiday sale

Let's play the age game: Jeff - how old are you? I know Sethe is my age. I have a feeling that if you were around from the start you feel an attachment in the sequence they were released. They were unique records when they came out. I don't mean to put down "Moon", I love it. Before it was released they put out the "Go Down Believing" 7". I loved that song but couldn't get past the overwhelming Christian overtones at a time when I fully rejected all music related to Christianity.<br /><br />Anyway, so glad I'm finding some kindred souls on here. I feel like an island sometimes with this band. My two-year-old son jams to "Fate" with me often and it warms my heart.

Scott - not a "For the Love of..." Fan? I'm testing my theory that if you were around when they were each released that the early stuff resonates more or holds a slightly more special spot in your heart.

And yes, it's awesome to see this discussion on here.

The first thing I ever heard by Chamberlain was "Go Down Believing," then I saw them on tour (after the lineup change) right after The Moon My Saddle came out, which is why that's all my favorite material by them. For The Love Of The Wounded is fine, but I can't say I have a desire to listen to it very often.

I also think "The South Has Spoiled Me" is one of the best songs written by any band, ever. So glad the band re-did it with Brian Fallon the other year, hopefully it got some more exposure.

Scott - not a "For the Love of..." Fan? I'm testing my theory that if you were around when they were each released that the early stuff resonates more or holds a slightly more special spot in your heart.

And yes, it's awesome to see this discussion on here.

See I love "for the Love of.." but I can see how that would not hold up to someone who did not listen to it back in the day.

I wish I still had my Split Lip version of fate. I have the CD so I still have a version of is but the vinyl is gone.

and thanks Juan I just ordered exit 263 and five year. Very excited.

I smell a lot of refunds/cancellations in the near future. The stock doesn't change and I have to assume that they have sold more then the stated amount on a lot of those SA variants.

Very afraid this will end up being the case as I didn't put my order in until later in the day. Fingers crossed it still goes through.

Let's play the age game: Jeff - how old are you? I know Sethe is my age. I have a feeling that if you were around from the start you feel an attachment in the sequence they were released. They were unique records when they came out. I don't mean to put down "Moon", I love it. Before it was released they put out the "Go Down Believing" 7". I loved that song but couldn't get past the overwhelming Christian overtones at a time when I fully rejected all music related to Christianity.<br /><br />Anyway, so glad I'm finding some kindred souls on here. I feel like an island sometimes with this band. My two-year-old son jams to "Fate" with me often and it warms my heart.

I am 26, almost 27, but I actually heard none of the releases when they came out. A girl I was friends with showed them to me while she was living with me, and The Moon My Saddle was immediately one of my favorite records ever. I love Chamberlain, like, LOVE them, but like Scott said, For the Love of the Wounded is cool but I am not really trying to listen to it ever. I prefer all of their other material, including Five Year Diary (I actually love this release, besides the weird interludes?) and Exit 263. 

And yeah, they were so fucking good at Krazy Fest.